Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-19, 10:21 AM   #1
Silent&deadly
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default South Atlantic Convoys

Thanks to Aktungbby for his help & advice I have found & sank the 5 troop ships,although the tonnage bar has not shown any sinkings.

In the South Atlantic Convoys I have found and sank every ship in 4 convoys,but the tonnage bar is not filling up.

I am doing a search pattern from 50 KM's from the coast out to 500 KM's from Freetown don to Capetown.

Has or is anybody else having this issue?
Old 08-17-19, 10:40 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent&deadly View Post
Thanks to Aktungbby for his help & advice I have found & sank the 5 troop ships,although the tonnage bar has not shown any sinkings.
GLAD THAT WORKED AND THAT I CORRECTED MY ORIGINAL POST WHICH HAD THE HARBORS (DAKAR AND FREETOWN) REVERSED...AT 68 MY MEMORY IS WRETCHED
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
#1 POSTED: try waiting just off Dakar-be mindful of your fuel consumption as getting back to a friendly African coastline fuel/refit station will be tough. Alternate 'twixt long submerged time and slow fuel conserving surface time to fully recharge batteries...the bay at Dakar is very shallow so be carefull. With extreme fuel management I also found them at Cape Town. They sink easy; so one 'eel' per ship, incl your stern tube...
#2 PM'D: my mistake, you wait off Freetown and refuel/refit at French(Vichy) held Dakar. Sorry for the confusion; I don't have the game loaded. So I double-checked on a real map. The wait for the convoy may take awhile so morale boosting meals are useful; ; radioman Benno is such a wimp! also have the torpedomans skills at the highest level for reloading times. As before, by extreme fuel and submerged operation, Dakar to Cape Town and back to Dakar is doable but tedious. Good hunting, AkBBY
I ONLY POSTED THE #2 PM'D INFO IN CASE ANYONE ELSE LURKING IS HAVING THE SAME ISSUE AND WOULD BE WASTING TIME OFF DAKAR DUE TO MY ERRONEOUS POST; WHICH IS THE ONLY U-BOAT FRIENDLY REFUEL/REFIT PORT AT THIS STAGE OF THE WAR TO ENABLE A WEST COAST AFRICAN PATROL.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-19, 11:01 AM   #3
Silent&deadly
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you Aktungbby

I must admit I am starting to feel like a Pita(pain in the ass) asking for help & advice all the time.

I have and am really trying to work this myself but when you cant find ships/convoys in the mapped area or the tonnage bar wont fill up,making you believe that you are failing,it gets really frustrating
Old 08-17-19, 12:58 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

A pm to Theberbster might suffice; I'm completely 'over my head' in computer science matters.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-19, 01:29 PM   #5
Silent&deadly
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks Aktungbby
I will do that now. I have even deleted the saved games since beginning Winstons Specials & started Winstons Specials again,still to no avail.