SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-03-11, 08:58 AM   #1891
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdaNz View Post
I dont understeand.
So when i am submerged only batteries consume ,when batteries where at 10 % then CO2 start to consume
But when i am surface only batteries start to load! i need to recharge my oxigen ,and it dont recharge !
Got the same doubt yesterday but in the help files, there is a explanation!

"
Oxygen-Supply
So far, SH3 models only a 100% renewable oxygen (O2) supply. That means: After a long period of diving, say 40 hours, it was enough to surface and after that the Uboat was able to dive for 40 hours again and again. Now, with this patch, O2 is divided into two parts: A renewable part and a non-renewable part. The renewable part is the O2 in the air of the Uboat. This part is sufficient for a diving period of about 5-7 hours. During this time the LI informs you about the O2 content of the air, starting at the normal value 21% and slowly decreasing to the critical value of 17%. At 17%, the LI automatically starts to adds O2 from the oxygen-supply (contained in pressure bottles). This O2 supply is sufficient for a long diving period of about 30 - 100 hours (depending on Uboat type), but that O2-supply is non-renewable! That means: It is not filled up when surfacing. Only the O2 in the air is restored to the normal value of 21% when surfacing. From now on the Player has to act economically regarding O2 supply, what adds a new strategical component to the game. The consumption of oxygen depends on the current crew number. The more crew, the more O2 is consumed. The consumption of O2 will be lowered if the crew is on silent-running routine. The net effect is that the U-boat can stay submerged longer. Repairing, flooding recovery and reloading of torpedoes will boost the O2 consumption."

From HSIEoptions help file!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 09:09 AM   #1892
BogdaNz
Loader

Downloads: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
Got the same doubt yesterday but in the help files, there is a explanation!

"
Oxygen-Supply
So far, SH3 models only a 100% renewable oxygen (O2) supply. That means: After a long period of diving, say 40 hours, it was enough to surface and after that the Uboat was able to dive for 40 hours again and again. Now, with this patch, O2 is divided into two parts: A renewable part and a non-renewable part. The renewable part is the O2 in the air of the Uboat. This part is sufficient for a diving period of about 5-7 hours. During this time the LI informs you about the O2 content of the air, starting at the normal value 21% and slowly decreasing to the critical value of 17%. At 17%, the LI automatically starts to adds O2 from the oxygen-supply (contained in pressure bottles). This O2 supply is sufficient for a long diving period of about 30 - 100 hours (depending on Uboat type), but that O2-supply is non-renewable! That means: It is not filled up when surfacing. Only the O2 in the air is restored to the normal value of 21% when surfacing. From now on the Player has to act economically regarding O2 supply, what adds a new strategical component to the game. The consumption of oxygen depends on the current crew number. The more crew, the more O2 is consumed. The consumption of O2 will be lowered if the crew is on silent-running routine. The net effect is that the U-boat can stay submerged longer. Repairing, flooding recovery and reloading of torpedoes will boost the O2 consumption."

From HSIEoptions help file!
So basically when batteries is at 10%,and CO2 start to consume that is non-renewable part that cannot be replaced?
Is this how was in reallity ?
And why when i have 7 knots submerged ,the periscope will not rise ?
Old 08-03-11, 09:57 AM   #1893
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Because in reallity you could not go above 3 knots with the periscope risen!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 12:12 PM   #1894
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Quote:
So basically when batteries is at 10%,and CO2 start to consume that is non-renewable part that cannot be replaced?
Is this how was in reallity ?
And why when i have 7 knots submerged ,the periscope will not rise ?
Why are you mentioning batteries and oxygen.Batteries are your power and when they run out you lose ability to power the boat or even run the lights if severe enough.

Then their is 3 pieces to the air issues that a Uboat had.

First is the air in the boat when you close the hatch.The oxygen starts to get used up and you will notice CO saying "oxygen at 19%...18%".Then he will say oxygen used up starting to use the oxygen cannisters to replenish oxygen(the uboat also has scrubbers to remove the carbon dioxide).

The oxygen cannisters are not replenishable but the oxygen that is used up first is....all you have to do is open the hatch and in 2 minutes the boat is full for another few hours before the oxygen cannisters have to be used again.

Then their is a compressed air tank onboard a sub that is used to blow the ballast tanks.This tank is filled when you surface as a compressor slowly compresses the air in the tank.

Hope that helps instead of confuses.

And BTW....where is Hsie??I hope he comes back to this as it adds in alot of good stuff that SH3 needs.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 12:44 PM   #1895
BogdaNz
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Why are you mentioning batteries and oxygen.Batteries are your power and when they run out you lose ability to power the boat or even run the lights if severe enough.

Then their is 3 pieces to the air issues that a Uboat had.

First is the air in the boat when you close the hatch.The oxygen starts to get used up and you will notice CO saying "oxygen at 19%...18%".Then he will say oxygen used up starting to use the oxygen cannisters to replenish oxygen(the uboat also has scrubbers to remove the carbon dioxide).

The oxygen cannisters are not replenishable but the oxygen that is used up first is....all you have to do is open the hatch and in 2 minutes the boat is full for another few hours before the oxygen cannisters have to be used again.

Then their is a compressed air tank onboard a sub that is used to blow the ballast tanks.This tank is filled when you surface as a compressor slowly compresses the air in the tank.

Hope that helps instead of confuses.

And BTW....where is Hsie??I hope he comes back to this as it adds in alot of good stuff that SH3 needs.
it's more confuse,how to open hatch ? i said when i am surface only batteries recharge the co2 never recharge .....
Old 08-03-11, 12:53 PM   #1896
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
...the co2 never recharge .....
For what do you need CO²? In a sub you've to get rid of it as soon as possible.
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:00 PM   #1897
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Maybe he means the compressed air?
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:22 PM   #1898
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
it's more confuse,how to open hatch ? i said when i am surface only batteries recharge the co2 never recharge .....
Your confusing the CO2 gauge......it doesn't measure CO2 anymore.In the Hardcode patch the CO2 gauge shows how much stored oxygen you have.It doesn't replenish because you only have a set amount.

Try this....submerge long enough till your using stored oxygen then surface and watch the messages.At one point the CO will say something like oxygen in boat is replenished...after around 2 minutes real time.
Old 08-03-11, 01:30 PM   #1899
BogdaNz
Loader

Quote:
Your confusing the CO2 gauge......it doesn't measure CO2 anymore.In the Hardcode patch the CO2 gauge shows how much stored oxygen you have.It doesn't replenish because you only have a set amount.

Try this....submerge long enough till your using stored oxygen then surface and watch the messages.At one point the CO will say something like oxygen in boat is replenished...after around 2 minutes real time.
yes i mean CO2 gauge,when is consumed never recharge
Old 08-03-11, 01:39 PM   #1900
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Thats actually the stored the oxygen supply that is unreplenishable.When its gone you head back in to port.
Old 08-03-11, 01:41 PM   #1901
BogdaNz
Loader

Quote:
Thats actually the stored the oxygen supply that is unreplenishable.When its gone you head back in to port.
head back in to port.And how does the port recharge oxygen suppy if you say that is unreplenishable ?
Old 08-03-11, 01:45 PM   #1902
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
head back in to port.And how does the port recharge oxygen suppy if you say that is unreplenishable ?
New oxygen canisters placed on board.
Old 08-03-11, 02:53 PM   #1903
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

BTW the patch kit includes a new O² gauge.
Old 08-03-11, 04:44 PM   #1904
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Quote:
CO² isn't consumed, it's breathed out by crew members. That causes an increase of CO² percentage in the air whilst the boat is submerged. This is very dangerous since a CO² percentage above 8 % is lethal within 30 - 60 min.
Old 08-04-11, 06:19 PM   #1905
chrisglen
Nub

Downloads: 444
Default sh3 exe

Hi does any one have a copy of sh3 exe that works with this mod as the one i have dosnt work,it is from a late dvd release
chrisglen is offline   Reply With Quote