Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-28-09, 01:48 PM   #106
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Just got back from a Xmas break,downloaded and installed and had a quick play.Looks good so far!
Thanks ZW

Thanks Chucky!

ZW

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-09, 05:07 PM   #107
KdF
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
KDF; re your lasdt German mission crashing.It may have to do with your graphic card or insufficient RAMs.I have the same game installed on 2 different laptops one with an Invidia 7000 with 256 mgs dedicated the other with an ATI radeon 3650 with 512 mgs dedicated and up to 1024 shared and while the last German mission crashes on the first one especially once you start moving past the first AT guns on the other I can complete the mission without glitches.What graphic cards do you have and how much RAMs available?
I have 2 SLI'ed BFG 8600 GT's on a ASUS Striker II MB, with 2 gig ram and every bell and whistle on this rig. Still locks up after the crossing of the fork in the road. Even installed it on the Wifeys downstairs, with a Gigabyte MB, 4 gigs 'o ram and 1 8600 GT, still locks up. I would agree if it did it only on one rig, but both makes me think it's something to do with the coding of the origonal game, as there were many reports of the same lock-up with others in the beginning, and I think it ran some good players off early.

KdF
KdF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-09, 07:02 PM   #108
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdF View Post
I have 2 SLI'ed BFG 8600 GT's on a ASUS Striker II MB, with 2 gig ram and every bell and whistle on this rig. Still locks up after the crossing of the fork in the road. Even installed it on the Wifeys downstairs, with a Gigabyte MB, 4 gigs 'o ram and 1 8600 GT, still locks up. I would agree if it did it only on one rig, but both makes me think it's something to do with the coding of the origonal game, as there were many reports of the same lock-up with others in the beginning, and I think it ran some good players off early.

KdF
If your only crash is in the last German mission, are they the stock with no tweaking done?
Because I had a similar problem back when I first stated playing and if I can remember I
updated my Direct X9c files, then my video driver and that I think did fix it but is was
German mission 4 that was driving me up the wall.

Do you use nHancer?

ZeeWolf

Old 12-28-09, 11:14 PM   #109
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Last German Mission

KDF, I agree your rig is much better than mine at least specs-wise.IAs I said I have played that mission 10 times without crashing.Indeed it may have to do with a coding error. May be you can try to do what I do.

After taking out the @Soviet AT guns and the 2 T34 coming from the left i leav the convoy on the road and rather thna following that road I actually head left with my Tiger until I get to a small base where the T34s came from.There I destroy a couple of trucks and infantry parked there. Once done I keep heading left going around a large wooded hill and then I take a right turn and attack from the rear the 3 T34s guarding the road and holding up my convoy.Once done, I either attack the last Soviet outpost from the road(which is tough because there are 6 AT guns 2 or 3 T34s and a couple of SU76 waiting for you.Once you destroy thme then the mission is accomplished.My advice once you get; there attack them from the rear slowly and cautiously because they are well hidden and have those famous X ray eyes that are the trademark of the game.I think avoiding the main road leading to that last outpost is the key to avoid the game crashing.As I said it worked for me 10 times.

On the other hand if my solution does not work it may be that your version of T34 vs Tiger which is buggy.The early release was flawed.I have the latest from October or November 2008.There s a patch available I think you cn find the link on this forum.Have you tried it?

\good luck!
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-09, 11:48 PM   #110
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
KDF, I agree your rig is much better than mine at least specs-wise.IAs I said I have played that mission 10 times without crashing.Indeed it may have to do with a coding error. May be you can try to do what I do.

After taking out the @Soviet AT guns and the 2 T34 coming from the left i leav the convoy on the road and rather thna following that road I actually head left with my Tiger until I get to a small base where the T34s came from.There I destroy a couple of trucks and infantry parked there. Once done I keep heading left going around a large wooded hill and then I take a right turn and attack from the rear the 3 T34s guarding the road and holding up my convoy.Once done, I either attack the last Soviet outpost from the road(which is tough because there are 6 AT guns 2 or 3 T34s and a couple of SU76 waiting for you.Once you destroy thme then the mission is accomplished.My advice once you get; there attack them from the rear slowly and cautiously because they are well hidden and have those famous X ray eyes that are the trademark of the game.I think avoiding the main road leading to that last outpost is the key to avoid the game crashing.As I said it worked for me 10 times.

On the other hand if my solution does not work it may be that your version of T34 vs Tiger which is buggy.The early release was flawed.I have the latest from October or November 2008.There s a patch available I think you cn find the link on this forum.Have you tried it?

\good luck!
frinik,

Is this the patch you are referring to:

http://tanksim.org.ru/wfdownloads-viewcat.cid-9.htm

ZW

Old 12-29-09, 07:33 AM   #111
KdF
Loader

This is gonna be long......Sorry.
OK, I was along side with Puff, Onecho, Monk and the rest when that patch was made. I even wrote the read-me for it. Phoenix's MMP4 was another with a few changes for MMP3, which was made mostly for the buggy multi-player with correct gears,New Sounds, ammo distribution for the tanks and trejectory for the rounds to make it realistic. I have been running them ever since until ZeeWolfs new update. Yes ZeeWolf, I do so love this update. You are a COD! That said, let me degress about the German Mission six.
I start the mission running up the left side of the road ahead of the Idiot colume of mine, stop on the crest of the hill. Take out the two T34's behind the bushes, swing the turret right and take out the 3 t34's comming up the road, swing around hard backwards and take out the one behind the base, he has a partner that just sits there, take off down the small hill and take out the two comming up the left of the road. The 2 half-tracks run home to momma, my colume starts to move ahead (this is where I believe the trouble starts) I run up the right road and stop by the 3 burning tanks, take out the two AT guns by the building across the field and the truck, start to move forward to engage the two tanks comming over the hill by the destroyed AT guns. It then seems that when my colume starts to move I believe, as I ain't watchin those Bozo's, when tthey cross the fork in the road, the game then freezes hard. Sound plays, but frozen. ALT/CONT/DEL time, as nothing else works. This is incessant. I have even thought of disabling those tigers myself so they would not move, but what's the point? I have updated Video drivers, re-installed DX9c, turned off and on all kinds of video stuff in hopes of finding that bug, but alas, it HAS to be coding. There was a guy who worked with NEOAB who had come up with a patch on his own, but when he found out LIghthouse went under, he got pissed and said he was not going to release it unless he got paid, and we never heard from him again. Crud!

KdF
Old 12-29-09, 01:10 PM   #112
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
This is gonna be long......Sorry.
OK, I was along side with Puff, Onecho, Monk and the rest when that patch was made. I even wrote the read-me for it. Phoenix's MMP4 was another with a few changes for MMP3, which was made mostly for the buggy multi-player with correct gears,New Sounds, ammo distribution for the tanks and trejectory for the rounds to make it realistic. I have been running them ever since until ZeeWolfs new update. Yes ZeeWolf, I do so love this update. You are a COD! That said, let me degress about the German Mission six.
I start the mission running up the left side of the road ahead of the Idiot colume of mine, stop on the crest of the hill. Take out the two T34's behind the bushes, swing the turret right and take out the 3 t34's comming up the road, swing around hard backwards and take out the one behind the base, he has a partner that just sits there, take off down the small hill and take out the two comming up the left of the road. The 2 half-tracks run home to momma, my colume starts to move ahead (this is where I believe the trouble starts) I run up the right road and stop by the 3 burning tanks, take out the two AT guns by the building across the field and the truck, start to move forward to engage the two tanks comming over the hill by the destroyed AT guns. It then seems that when my colume starts to move I believe, as I ain't watchin those Bozo's, when tthey cross the fork in the road, the game then freezes hard. Sound plays, but frozen. ALT/CONT/DEL time, as nothing else works. This is incessant. I have even thought of disabling those tigers myself so they would not move, but what's the point? I have updated Video drivers, re-installed DX9c, turned off and on all kinds of video stuff in hopes of finding that bug, but alas, it HAS to be coding. There was a guy who worked with NEOAB who had come up with a patch on his own, but when he found out LIghthouse went under, he got pissed and said he was not going to release it unless he got paid, and we never heard from him again. Crud!

KdF

Re-install T34 vs Tiger then install he ZeeWolf Christmas Gift over a default T34 vs Tiger.

The ZeeWolf Christmas Gift is not compatible with any other MODs.

ZeeWolf

Old 12-29-09, 03:18 PM   #113
KdF
Loader

No, No, No. I get the hang with a clean copy, MMP1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and even with your Present. From the very first day till now!
It's coding I tell yas....Coding!

KdF
Old 12-29-09, 03:34 PM   #114
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
No, No, No. I get the hang with a clean copy, MMP1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and even with your Present. From the very first day till now!
It's coding I tell yas....Coding!

KdF

Please read my PM I sent to you Kdf

ZeeWolf

Old 12-29-09, 06:56 PM   #115
growbag
Watch

Default Vista a no-go

I finally got the expansion installed, but I get a "Visual C++" error, see my screenshot here -

http://christiane.homeip.net/other-s...shot-error.jpg

I installed it into c:\Program Files\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger and then copied all those .ddl files from the first .zip file into that folder (before I did that I could not change any key assignments in-game!).

I choose the new mission, and that's as far as I get.

What am I doing wrong?

This is under Windows Vista (sp2) by the way.

Thanks.
growbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 07:17 PM   #116
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by growbag View Post
I finally got the expansion installed, but I get a "Visual C++" error, see my screenshot here -

http://christiane.homeip.net/other-s...shot-error.jpg

I installed it into c:\Program Files\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger and then copied all those .ddl files from the first .zip file into that folder (before I did that I could not change any key assignments in-game!).

I choose the new mission, and that's as far as I get.

What am I doing wrong?

This is under Windows Vista (sp2) by the way.

Thanks.
Hello growbag,

I can best work with you if you answer some basic questions:

1.) Prior to starting the main game did you open the T vs T editor?

Old 12-29-09, 11:08 PM   #117
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
frinik,

Is this the patch you are referring to:

http://tanksim.org.ru/wfdownloads-viewcat.cid-9.htm

ZW
No ZW I was referring to an unofficial patch 0.1 or 1.1 which Lighthouse released although not created by them and I think it is available through the tanksim.ru link.My game I think came with that patch incorporated(lste release) which is why it does not crash.

But KDf s experience is interesting so to speak because my own experience was that the mission would crash after taking out the 3 T34s and once the column starts heading forward.He - on the other hand - crashes very late in the game. IAs I said I avoid the main road and take the Ruskies from the rear until the end.This way I avoid getting killed by attacking tme head first.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 11:38 PM   #118
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
No ZW I was referring to an unofficial patch 0.1 or 1.1 which Lighthouse released although not created by them and I think it is available through the tanksim.ru link.My game I think came with that patch incorporated(lste release) which is why it does not crash.

But KDf s experience is interesting so to speak because my own experience was that the mission would crash after taking out the 3 T34s and once the column starts heading forward.He - on the other hand - crashes very late in the game. IAs I said I avoid the main road and take the Ruskies from the rear until the end.This way I avoid getting killed by attacking tme head first.
If you could bare with me as I attempt at an explanation I would be grateful. This type of crash (after thinking about it) I remember that it occurred at the moment a phase trigger was executed. I remember that because the game crash that was an issue was happening at exactly that point when I took out the last gun [in mission 4 ] every time. But I fixed it.
The issue that kdf is speaking of includes a Navpoint entrance trigger. I may be wrong because I am kind of shooting from the hip here in speculating his issue but if that is the case it can be completely eliminated.
And then you can be like me, and forget about it.

ZeeWolf

Old 12-30-09, 02:32 AM   #119
growbag
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Hello growbag,

I can best work with you if you answer some basic questions:

1.) Prior to starting the main game did you open the T vs T editor?
Hello zeewolf, thanks for the reply, and many thanks for the chrissie gift too by the way .

Sorry, I realise I didn't give too much info there, it was quite late and I was heading to bed!

I completely uninstalled TvT (and deleted the Lighthouse folder too), then did a fresh install from my DVD before installing your update.

This was under windows Vista sp2 by the way, which gives me some odd problems with this game at the best of times! It refuses to save my key assignments, and will not save screenshots to disk, even though I run the game "as administrator".

But to get back to the point, and answer your question - No, I did not run the editor, I have never run the editor. Should I? I would be rather lost in that I reckon .

PS re that crashing on the last mission, I have the same thing as well, I have never got to the end of it, although I got really close to the big camp at the end once before it crashed out. This happens on both my laptop (vista) and my desktop (xp), both have Nvidia cards (8400m-gs and gtx260 respectively). My desktop is less than 2 weeks old as well. If that helps

*EDIT* I did a fresh install of TvT on my desktop, installed your expansion, copied all those dll files into the folder and it work perfectly......WOOHOO Looks like my other problem is vista related. The new stuff is magic - soldiers shoot not just run away like possessed loonies, the tank is faster, the idle sound is fantastic (sounds a bit odd at speed though as the sample repeats), the enemy tanks are (in my opinion) easier to kill (ie better hit location calculations), and the other units are a scream (I was watching a hanomag with a dead machine gunner being continually rolled over because of shells landing nearby, it survived and eventuall drove off ).

*EDIT2* Just in case it helps anyone, I also tried it under the win7 evaluation version (on my desktop) and it works without having to copy those .dll files over.

Last edited by growbag; 12-30-09 at 09:01 AM.
growbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 08:19 AM   #120
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 245

Hi ZW,

I experiment a critical error when I launch the game using the mod.
I installed ZW installer to a fresh install of Tiger vs T34.

Critical error

[ScriptManager] Duplicate class "Cu_veh_t34_85_44ModelSkin" definition.

I'm using a french version of Tiger vs T34 I have bought there is some months ago in a Games Store in France.

What do you suggest ? Do I have to use an english version of Tiger vs T34 to make the mod to work ?

Thanks for help and many thousands for your devotion for this Tank Sim. Hope we will be very numberous to help you to realize your dream !

Best regards,

joch

<< "Quod me non necat me fortiorem facit"...

Last edited by Jochem; 12-30-09 at 08:31 AM.
Jochem is offline   Reply With Quote