SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-24, 02:20 PM   #46
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Long awaited Pau is out. But their data centre had a water leak, all data has to move to a different server farm, currently the shop is down. The track however looks - mouthwatering.

Next Monday Nordschleife for ACC. Its a golden week for racing!
Old 04-11-24, 10:06 AM   #47
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

I'm making the switch. For the past year I've made AMS2 my pick-up sim, firing it up whenever I'm in the mood to drive, and not drive F1 23.

But I have become increasingly annoyed by certain things in AMS2 so I decided to swap over to RaceRoom. I will still drive AMS2, after all I'm a big fan of 1960s F1 cars and that is really good in AMS2. But for most of it I'll run RR.

Picked up the Ferrari 296 GT3 last night and then spent four hours sticking my name on the leaderboards. Just had such a good time, and many of the things that annoy me about Automobilista are gone and the experience is just better for me, as a hotlapper. RR is older, and looks it. And I miss AMS2's ghost system which is great. But otherwise I'm liking RR more. It's just better designed for players who play like me.

So if anyone's in to this one, grab the 296 and give my laps a go. The leaderboards don't get wiped once every month or two in RaceRoom.
Old 04-11-24, 01:23 PM   #48
Skybird
Soaring

Try Pau, its looking really fantastic. One of the most beautiful and most detailed tracks in RR. Nicely matched with older cars.
Old 04-11-24, 01:33 PM   #49
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I will but maybe next sale. It is the only track I do not own. Street tracks aren't me jam, but I'll add it eventually. If I do drop any more money on this sim in the near future it will be on cars I reckon. There's a DTM version of the 296 don't you know
Old 04-11-24, 02:43 PM   #50
Skybird
Soaring

Nice views from 11:40 on (TV camera from tracksides):
Old 04-11-24, 03:02 PM   #51
Skybird
Soaring

I know the title of this video, because I have said this phrase so often myself: Its the most heavily underrated racing sim on the market.

Old 04-15-24, 07:43 AM   #52
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Yeah, I have to agree. It's a stupid name and that can't help. RaceRoom.

But the driving is excellent. The sounds are glorious. The physics feel great, the force feedback and feel of the tarmac as as good as any, and honestly I feel like the feedback here is probably most useful. More than other sims I can feel the onset of traction loss and correct it before it gets away from me.

The car set is extensive and varied. The track list is really good too, but this in one area where the competition probably has a leg up. And they aren't exactly pumping out the tracks.

I picked up the 2023 DTM pack yesterday so I would have both Ferrari 296s lol. Immediately took it round the Nordschliefe to compare to the GT3 and was two seconds slower

I entered most of this week's competitions, leaderboard challenges and that's good fun.

Not much I can point to about RR that I don't like. I haven't dropped AMS2 altogether, but this switch was a good one and I am loving my driving at the mo.
Old 04-15-24, 07:55 AM   #53
Skybird
Soaring

For newbies its a steal. With a special offer they can get EVERYTHING currently available for just 100 coins. Really, everything. Once-in-a-lifetime-deal. Over 60 tracks locations, over 130 track layout variations. Close to 50 car brands. Around 80 car classes.

Incredible bang for the buck.