SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-20, 07:48 PM   #16
DrJester
Watch

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Ok, I'm nearing completion, and I will be publishing a beta soon-ish for you guys to try. After looking at this for a while, I may have missed a thing or two, and it is always good to have another pair of eyeballs.

Old 07-26-20, 09:54 AM   #17
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJester View Post
Ok, I'm nearing completion, and I will be publishing a beta soon-ish for you guys to try. After looking at this for a while, I may have missed a thing or two, and it is always good to have another pair of eyeballs.

Can´t wait. Looks awesome.

Many thanks for your job.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 12:28 PM   #18
DrJester
Watch

Here's the Beta!

If you find something I missed, please tell me what it is(preferably with a screenshot ) so I can try and fix it.

Thanks to everyone here at Subsim, but more specifically Vickers03. His help and insight was invaluable!

EDIT: Check OP for the link

[Going to post this on the OP, so it is easier for others to access it]

Last edited by DrJester; 07-29-20 at 07:02 PM.
DrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 12:38 PM   #19
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Quote:
Here's the Beta!

If you find something I missed, please tell me what it is(preferably with a screenshot ) so I can try and fix it.

Thanks to everyone here at Subsim, but more specifically Vickers03. His help and insight was invaluable!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ti39hj..._V1.0_Beta.zip

[Going to post this on the OP, so it is easier for others to access it]
Downloading now for testing in FOTRSU 11.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 03:26 PM   #20
johnmarrington
Swabbie

Downloads: 46
Default Beautiful, a few bugs

Having some bugs in the Control room
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 012912A1-B9CD-40BD-955A-54D0D2AFB6D2.jpg (18.3 KB, 25 views)
johnmarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 03:30 PM   #21
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

johnmarrington!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 05:36 PM   #22
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmarrington View Post
Did you empty your Save folder? (Generally "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" by default). You would lose any progress you have made in the game, so if you want to keep that, either use MultiSH4, or copy and paste your Save data elsewhere for temporary safe-keeping.

Oh! and you might need to use something like LAA or the 4Gig Patch to get some more RAM available for the game to use...

Edit: Putting this on FotRSU, I do have issues when an airplane is shotdown and it is shown on the Event Camera, in that I get the black box around the explosion and smoke, like johnmarrington shows for his light halos. It sometimes happens with an explosion on a ship, like over-sized pixelation. It's like we're seeing the "edge" of the transparency for the graphic, but I do not have issues with the halos around the lights at all. Then, as a ship that is smoking heavily is sinking, and the smoke loses its "source", it will "hitch" and "skip" its way across the screen, like it can't decide where to draw itself. Slight graphics anomalies, that could well be a problem in FotRSU's graphics also. On the Core i5 5th gen laptop (onboard Intel video), I do see an adverse effect on framerate, knocking it down into the 20's, with glitches where the screen will "freeze" for a moment or two, which is what I was getting after a Windows Update a few weeks ago, but I had adjusted that out. Now it's back. I do not get that on my old DuoCore Quad desktop, which is slower than the laptop, but has a 560ti graphics card.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-27-20 at 09:42 PM. Reason: FotRSU update
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 02:09 PM   #23
DrJester
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Did you empty your Save folder? (Generally "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" by default). You would lose any progress you have made in the game, so if you want to keep that, either use MultiSH4, or copy and paste your Save data elsewhere for temporary safe-keeping.

Oh! and you might need to use something like LAA or the 4Gig Patch to get some more RAM available for the game to use...

Edit: Putting this on FotRSU, I do have issues when an airplane is shotdown and it is shown on the Event Camera, in that I get the black box around the explosion and smoke, like johnmarrington shows for his light halos. It sometimes happens with an explosion on a ship, like over-sized pixelation. It's like we're seeing the "edge" of the transparency for the graphic, but I do not have issues with the halos around the lights at all. Then, as a ship that is smoking heavily is sinking, and the smoke loses its "source", it will "hitch" and "skip" its way across the screen, like it can't decide where to draw itself. Slight graphics anomalies, that could well be a problem in FotRSU's graphics also. On the Core i5 5th gen laptop (onboard Intel video), I do see an adverse effect on framerate, knocking it down into the 20's, with glitches where the screen will "freeze" for a moment or two, which is what I was getting after a Windows Update a few weeks ago, but I had adjusted that out. Now it's back. I do not get that on my old DuoCore Quad desktop, which is slower than the laptop, but has a 560ti graphics card.

The textures are definitely much larger than the default and the ones used in FotRSU. So frame rates will suffer a little(or a lot, depending on the rig you use). I'll check the explosions again, but if you see this happening again, can you take a screenshot of it? It makes it easier to identify which texture is the problem. I'll try to take a look here.

I think it the smoke/fire effect is the same for all explosions and vehicles. I did find a problem with a squared out effect for the lights on lighthouses. But this is the smoke + fire I got from a test.

Quote:
Hum, this is odd. It seems to be ok on my side. Maybe it is a submarine specific? Which submarine did you use to get that?

Old 07-28-20, 03:33 PM   #24
johnmarrington
Swabbie

I use it on Typ VII, Dark Waters Mod. The Rest is really beautiful, keep up the good work and thank you very much

I used the 4 gig patch. Should I deactivate AA?
Update:
Deleting all saves didnt help. Same Problem on a new campaign with Typ ix, also with Lights outside the boat, look
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 72FE8F3C-2D18-4912-BD75-254C6F2D80BB.jpg (13.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by johnmarrington; 07-28-20 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-28-20, 03:53 PM   #25
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Downloaded... testing out...

Just downloaded & will test it out and see how it goes for Me... will report back if I run into any issues/glitches...

M. M.

Old 07-28-20, 05:22 PM   #26
DrJester
Watch

Quote:
I use it on Typ VII, Dark Waters Mod. The Rest is really beautiful, keep up the good work and thank you very much

I used the 4 gig patch. Should I deactivate AA?
Update:
Deleting all saves didnt help. Same Problem on a new campaign with Typ ix, also with Lights outside the boat, look
I've only tested on American subs and on FotRSU mod. I'll see if it shows up on my end as well. Thanks for the compliments!

I've noticed that lighthouse as well, fixed it for the next release! :P
Now I need to get more bugs before I can publish the next version.

EDIT: I just tested it but I only have quick access to the Type IX. Can you upload me your save file so I can test it on my end?

Last edited by DrJester; 07-28-20 at 05:36 PM.
DrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 10:01 PM   #27
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Default Re: Update...

Ok, after getting it downloaded, and finally unzipped. It took a bit of time for that to finish... but.. got it installed, just the main mod itself (decided to forgo the optional add on), only issue I had with it was it opening up in a squashed down bow window, sort of like non full-screen. Fixed that, by right clicking the SH4.exe I have hot fixed to My desktop. In the menu I went into properties & in the 'shortcut' tab of properties, told it to run 'maximized'. That fixed the squashed box window effect.. I made sure in the option menu, in game, that it was set to run in 16x9 full-screen, as well.. so no idea why it ran in that squashed box way.

Other than that minor issue... have no problems with any boxes or any other glitching issues... thus far.

I am using the preset you included in the download... an have to say, it looks grand.

M. M.

Old 07-29-20, 01:05 AM   #28
johnmarrington
Swabbie

Here are my save files

https://easyupload.io/m/14501u

If U need RichSaveGames, I'll send these as well
Old 07-29-20, 02:00 PM   #29
DrJester
Watch

Quote:
Here are my save files

https://easyupload.io/m/14501u

If U need RichSaveGames, I'll send these as well
Thanks! I'll try them in a few hours and see if the problem shows up on my end, and try to fix it if it does.
Old 07-29-20, 03:34 PM   #30
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Thanks! I'll try them in a few hours and see if the problem shows up on my end, and try to fix it if it does.
Hey Jester,

Just out of curiosity, as I also have the Op Monsun: Dark, as well.. I did a test run with your mod, added in to it & can report the following end results:

Type II D:

box outlines at each light-bulb, inside the sub. Everything else looked marvelous... simply marvelous.

Type VII-C:

See Type II D report above...

Type IX-D:

Same as Type VII-C... See Type II D report above...

I did this while using the sub school training & NOT in an actual career.. but.. can conceive the end results from these tests, would also apply in a career aspect, as well.

I believe it is 1 of the interior only halo's, that could be the culprit.. as the exterior one, namely the 1/1's for the sun, works just fine... if need be, I can send My game save file/s as well to use as a base line to compare them to, to johnmarrington's set that they sent you.... should you need them.

Just say the word & I shall see of zipping it & attaching it so you can access it.

M. M.