SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-20-10, 11:14 AM   #196
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 282
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
here you go -> http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

for 32 bit systems (WIN XP) here is my current boot.ini:

[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional /3GB" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=2990
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows XP-Wiederherstellungskonsole" /cmdcons

! dont copy and paste this text into your boot.ini, i dont know why but this text displaying above in this forum have some additional blanks in words "WINDOWS" & "Microsoft" !

only important for you are this options:
/3GB /USERVA=2990

...i would follow the example above and add a second boot choise entry, copying your first entry below it and add above parameters (/3GB /USERVA=2990)

.../USERVA=1660 found to be also good working

Now I'm no expert here, but is USERVA=**** the amount of Ram being used by SH3? Also I would imagine overclocking could help produce some more results

SH3 Deeper Torpedo Launch / Realistic Crush Depth Mod Here -
http://www.filefront.com/user/pickinthebanjo
pickinthebanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 11:19 AM   #197
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Works just fine with ACM reloaded, it crashed when I went to lower the scope but I'm pretty sure it was to do with my sound mod (wrong format maybe)

Found "This" Aswell

Old 06-20-10, 11:26 AM   #198
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Just 5 more days until my exams are over. I cannot wait to try this out...

=FI=Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 02:52 PM   #199
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166

Quote:
MERCHANT FLEET MOD - INITIAL RELEASE INFO
iambecomelife, let me ask if HMAS Perth is still following release of your great mode. I'am still waiting for her.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 05:20 PM   #200
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinthebanjo View Post
Now I'm no expert here, but is USERVA=**** the amount of Ram being used by SH3? Also I would imagine overclocking could help produce some more results
the /3GB switch allows 32bit winXP systems to address more memory as 2GB, it allows to address a maximum of 2.96GB virtual memory, this can be ram or pagefile. ( ive set my pagefile to a fixed size of 4GB).

the /USERVA switch is restricting this for applications, /USERVA=2990 means that 2990 Mbytes are allowed for applications, the differential amount is reserved for the OS (for things like PCI mapping and so on).

...overclocking can help for performance and destruction, but never for stability

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 03:38 AM   #201
Royale-Adio
Officer

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 5

Are there any mods like yours for warships?
Old 06-23-10, 03:27 AM   #202
JC1959
Watch

Downloads: 1
Default IABL Mod

Hello all,
Downloaded and installed this long awaited mod onto a clean install via JSGME and put the skin-pack 1 in there as well. During gameplay I can encounter single ships in all their different liveries but every time I come into contact with a convoy it is the stock SH3 one, ie the boring C2`s and C3`s etc.
The museum loads up and runs OK, and I can see all IABL`s ships in there.
I`ve tried juggling the files around, and at the moment I have manually copied the files from the Library,Roster and Sea folders that comprised the Mod (version 3.2 by the way), and stuck them in the corresponding folders in the data folder in the games main directory, but still no joy with the convoys, and throughout all this I have had no CTD`s (despite expecting the contrary). Any suggestions anyone?
The only other niggle I have at the moment is the amount of punishment these single ships can take as and when I meet them - Medium Merchants are taking multiple torpedo hits to sink them, if at all. One took four torpedoes and almost all my gun ammunition and it still would`nt go down! I gave it up as a bad job in the end and just carried on with the patrol...
So just out of interest have the damage and sinking properties been altered in the mod or are we talking about a minor bug here?
Anyway any help re getting varied convoys instead of the stock one would be appreciated, and to close I would like to pass on my regards and best wishes to IABL for what looks like a wonderful piece of work - can`t wait to see his ships in convoy. Congratulations.

JC
JC1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 04:47 AM   #203
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

The convoys are generated within the mission (mis) files and mostly predetermined, so unlikely to find any there. You could always edit the scr and rnd files to include them. Lone ships are randomly generated and some of the ships within convoys are but not all, however I could be partially wrong, maybe if you start a new campaign some might show!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 10:22 PM   #204
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Old 06-24-10, 12:27 AM   #205
jahsavage
Seaman

Downloads: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
the /3GB switch allows 32bit winXP systems to address more memory as 2GB, it allows to address a maximum of 2.96GB virtual memory, this can be ram or pagefile. ( ive set my pagefile to a fixed size of 4GB).

the /USERVA switch is restricting this for applications, /USERVA=2990 means that 2990 Mbytes are allowed for applications, the differential amount is reserved for the OS (for things like PCI mapping and so on).

...overclocking can help for performance and destruction, but never for stability
Be aware the /3GB switch is only valid from Service Pack 3, if you have just SP1 expect some bad times - don't do it!
jahsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 04:22 AM   #206
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahsavage View Post
Be aware the /3GB switch is only valid from Service Pack 3, if you have just SP1 expect some bad times - don't do it!
What about XP SP2?

=FI=Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 04:41 AM   #207
Freakwave
Sailor man

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinthebanjo View Post
I didnt know TMT is compatible with MFM?
Freakwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 08:15 AM   #208
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
I didnt know TMT is compatible with MFM?
yeah everything in that list except the new locks are compatable ( for the new locks I deleted afew folders to make it compatable with FM's New interiors.)

Last edited by pickinthebanjo; 06-25-10 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-25-10, 11:26 AM   #209
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1959 View Post
Hello all,
Downloaded and installed this long awaited mod onto a clean install via JSGME and put the skin-pack 1 in there as well. During gameplay I can encounter single ships in all their different liveries but every time I come into contact with a convoy it is the stock SH3 one, ie the boring C2`s and C3`s etc.
The museum loads up and runs OK, and I can see all IABL`s ships in there.
I`ve tried juggling the files around, and at the moment I have manually copied the files from the Library,Roster and Sea folders that comprised the Mod (version 3.2 by the way), and stuck them in the corresponding folders in the data folder in the games main directory, but still no joy with the convoys, and throughout all this I have had no CTD`s (despite expecting the contrary). Any suggestions anyone?
The only other niggle I have at the moment is the amount of punishment these single ships can take as and when I meet them - Medium Merchants are taking multiple torpedo hits to sink them, if at all. One took four torpedoes and almost all my gun ammunition and it still would`nt go down! I gave it up as a bad job in the end and just carried on with the patrol...
So just out of interest have the damage and sinking properties been altered in the mod or are we talking about a minor bug here?
Anyway any help re getting varied convoys instead of the stock one would be appreciated, and to close I would like to pass on my regards and best wishes to IABL for what looks like a wonderful piece of work - can`t wait to see his ships in convoy. Congratulations.

JC
You are probably using sotck Sh3 or a mod that doesn't give the campaign many randomly - generated merchants. Try opening your campaign file's random layer with the mission editor, select the different convoy groups, and replace the C2's etc with the designation "Generic Cargo". It takes a long time to replace them, but it's worth it.

I find that in GWX 3.0 the ships tend to sink after about 2 torpedoes, and 1 if they are carrying explosives or oil. Try increasing the damage values in data\library\torpedo.zon using S3ditor (I highly recommend it - very easy to use even if you've never modded before). Setting the minimum effect to 250 and the max effect to 450/500 should result in faster sinkings.

Get S3ditor here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 01:02 PM   #210
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Yeah it's a hell of a mod but now and then when I sink one of your ships I get a crash, keep in mind this laptop is running to the hilt, way above ideal temperatures so that could be the problem in itself but it never happened before. (could also be caused by the fact MFM probably eats up the little memory I got left) anyway, has anyone encountered this problem before?