SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-10, 03:44 PM   #1
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26
Default [REL] WB's Mid-Patrol Radio Orders (SH3 Cmdr)

First, thanks go to JScones and my beta testers (Sockeye, flakmonkey, Sailor Steve, irish1958 and Gaijin) without whom this mod would never have been tested, ironed out and released.

WB's Mid-Patrol Radio Orders mod will give you radio orders to go to a new patrol area during a patrol.

The mod consists of two parts:
1. Intro Messages adds randomised messages to the 'ticker-tape' that runs at the bottom of the main loading screen in SH3.
2. Patrol Orders gives a response to your Status Report from the messages screen and gives you orders to patrol to another grid. There are seven separate parts to the mod:
a. Africa - covers the African coast from Freetown to Gibraltar
b. America - covers the Amercian coast from the Caribbean to Grand Banks
c. Mediterranean
d. North Atlantic - from Norway to Gibraltar
e. North Atlantic (VII North) - Norway to Ireland
f. North Atlantic (VII South) - Ireland to Gibraltar
g. Type II - North Sea

There are two versions of this mod - the regular mod and the non-GWX one. Non-GWX is compatible with any mod/supermod except GWX.

Full details are in the Readme.

If you like this mod, how about donating just $1 to subsim? If 600 users give $1 apiece, it'll keep subsim afloat for another month...

Full Credits:
JScones - I'm starting to learn how powerful JScones' utilities are for SH3 and am even more impressed now that when I started. Thank you, Jaesen, for putting the time and effort into JSGME and SH3 Commander and sharing them with the community.
Sockeye, flakmonkey, Sailor Steve, irish1958 - Beta testers. Without their help and feedback this mod would never have been released.
youpi, urfisch - Translators for the French and German versions of this mod. Thanks, guys.

In memoriam:
The soldiers, sailors and airmen who fought, and fight, for our freedom. Lest we forget...
WB

Download GWX verison from subsim at: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1502
Non-GWX version at: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1503
or from my FF page.

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...

Last edited by Wreford-Brown; 01-13-10 at 02:10 AM.
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 05:33 PM   #2
Rasher
Gunner

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Lo mate

Just a quick one about the install of this great mod! You say install in SH3 Cmdr? How do I do this? I always whack mods into the mods folder and enable using JSGME. I know its probably another stupid question on my part but I thought i'd ask anyway

Rasher

Keep up the great work!
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 10:14 PM   #3
Tweety
Planesman

Downloads: 157
Thanks Wreford-Brown,

I have been following along on this mod and from what I have read. It's looks to be another great mod you have out.

I am downloading now.

Tweety
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 02:07 AM   #4
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

You need to set up JSGME in SH3 Commander by downloading from: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...cts-jsgme.html

Once you have JSGME in SH3 Commander it will allow you to install other mods in there such as the SH3 Cmdr files for GWX, my Warning Orders mod and Sailor Steve's awesome Loading Screens mod.

SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
Old 01-13-10, 02:15 AM   #5
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Hello Wreford-Brown and all beta-testers !

Thank you very much for the great MOD ! Cool !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 01-13-10, 06:25 AM   #6
Rasher
Gunner

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
You need to set up JSGME in SH3 Commander by downloading from: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...cts-jsgme.html

Once you have JSGME in SH3 Commander it will allow you to install other mods in there such as the SH3 Cmdr files for GWX, my Warning Orders mod and Sailor Steve's awesome Loading Screens mod.
Lo WB

Sorry Im totally missing the point here! I have JSGME set up seperately on my desktop. I simply put mods into the mods folder and enable them. I dont understand what you mean by setting up JSGME in SH3 Cmdr? Do i have to install JSGME in SH3 Cmdr? And if so how please? Idiots guide would be great cheers.

Rasher
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 06:46 AM   #7
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Rasher,

I'm away from my SH3 computer at the moment so am doing this off the top of my head - JScones will be here shortly to tell me off if I get it wrong!

Try this:
1. If you have a JSGME shortcut on you desktop, rename it to 'JSGME for GWX' or something similar.
2. Download the JSGME installer from: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...cts-jsgme.html
3. Run the installer
4. When you have to put in the destination, choose the SH3 Commander folder (e.g. C:/Program Files/SH3 Commander)
5. When it asks if you want a desktop icon, click yes
6. Rename this desktop icon 'JSGME for SH3 Commander' or something similar

You should now be able to drop your mods into the MODS folder inside the SH3 Commander folder and enable them.

Jaesen, can you confirm this works?

SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
Old 01-13-10, 06:49 AM   #8
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

does it give renown for the new orders?

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 06:56 AM   #9
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Quote:
Full details are in the Readme.

SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
Old 01-13-10, 07:06 AM   #10
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Rasher,

I'm away from my SH3 computer at the moment so am doing this off the top of my head - JScones will be here shortly to tell me off if I get it wrong!

Try this:
1. If you have a JSGME shortcut on you desktop, rename it to 'JSGME for GWX' or something similar.
2. Download the JSGME installer from: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...cts-jsgme.html
3. Run the installer
4. When you have to put in the destination, choose the SH3 Commander folder (e.g. C:/Program Files/SH3 Commander)

You should now be able to drop your mods into the MODS folder inside the SH3 Commander folder and enable them.

Sounds good, for those that use separate installations of JSGME. For those who have opted for the single, central installation of JSGME, all they need do is create a new desktop shortcut, setting the "Start in" folder to the SH3Cmdr root folder (mods are still stored in the ...\SH3 Commander\MODS folder).
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 07:10 AM   #11
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
JScones - I'm starting to learn how powerful JScones' utilities are for SH3 and am even more impressed now that when I started. Thank you, Jaesen, for putting the time and effort into JSGME and SH3 Commander and sharing them with the community.
No probs, WB. I'm just glad that others are now seeing the potential, and more importantly the power, that the features provide.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 07:51 AM   #12
Tweety
Planesman

Downloads: 157
Wow! I didn't know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown
Rasher,

Try this:
3. Run the installer

Sounds good, for those that use separate installations of JSGME. For those who have opted for the single, central installation of JSGME, all they need do is create a new desktop shortcut, setting the "Start in" folder to the SH3Cmdr root folder (mods are still stored in the ...\SH3 Commander\MODS folder).
I always install JSGME into each seperate folder of SH3 I had. I will have to give this a try.

Thanks for sharing.

Tweety
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 10:07 AM   #13
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

I currently have six mods in my SH3CMDR install, and the JSGME program works perfectly for them. The potential of SH3CMDR is almost without limit; but unfortunately, the computer concepts and the understanding of the mechanics needed to implement the programs are difficult for the (computer) novice to master.
I hope we will have a SH5CMDR to manipulate the SH5 files.
Old 01-13-10, 10:42 AM   #14
Kapitanleutnant
Frogman

Downloads: 22

This looks great. Is it necessary to start a new career, or can I install this any time I'm in port?
Old 01-13-10, 10:51 AM   #15
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

@WB

I'm currently in a IXC, my question is should I install all the Atlantic options ? Many thanks.

Best regards

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote