SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-21, 08:14 PM   #1
FireDragon76
Bosun

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0
Default navy sub spots UFO diving into water

The press is calling the ship that sighted the UFO a "stealth ship", but I've played around with enough subsims to know a Virginia or Seawolf class periscope display when I see one.

The US Pentagon has confirmed the footage is real and not fake, BTW, ie, it came from an actual US Navy ship and wasn't faked.
FireDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 01:13 PM   #2
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

There's a rumor that a USN Virginia class submarine was in the area that day and that sonar reported a sizzling sound, but the CO said,

"Conn eye probably just the sun setting in the west"
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 07:58 PM   #3
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
The press is calling the ship that sighted the UFO a "stealth ship", but I've played around with enough subsims to know a Virginia or Seawolf class periscope display when I see one.
"Stealth Ship" could mean anything, don't expect your run of the mill reporter to know the difference between ship types. Particularly when the source video is leaked and no information besides the authenticity is given. Just because you played a few subsims doesn't mean you know a Virginia or Seawolf periscope display.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 08:47 PM   #4
FireDragon76
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
"Stealth Ship" could mean anything, don't expect your run of the mill reporter to know the difference between ship types. Particularly when the source video is leaked and no information besides the authenticity is given. Just because you played a few subsims doesn't mean you know a Virginia or Seawolf periscope display.

Later news reports are saying that the USS Omaha was (also?) in the area and tracking the object on radar, so it's not clear to me where exactly that video comes from. It does look like a periscope, but it could be a camera for an LCS, I suppose. So "stealth ship" may be an apt description after all, even if it's not the usual designation.

I've also seen news reports that a submarine was in the area and investigated the location that the object submerged into, but found no signs of the objects.

The USS Omaha was tracking alot of unknown objects entering the water off San Diego that day, and caught them on radar:

Old 06-24-21, 06:03 PM   #5
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Well Omaha is a LCS, wouldn't call them stealth ships though. Also it occurred around San Diego and there is a sub base there. But they wouldn't get one underway just for that.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 08:17 PM   #6
FireDragon76
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Well Omaha is a LCS, wouldn't call them stealth ships though. Also it occurred around San Diego and there is a sub base there. But they wouldn't get one underway just for that.

Maybe it was an exercise of some sort, and they happened to make the sighting and radar contacts.

The Pentagon released a report this weekend on Friday. It is mostly inconclusive, but it does list advanced foreign technology and a catchall "other" category as an explanation for 18 UAP/UFO sightings that lack plausible, mundane explanations. At least they are making a gesture towards taking the phenomenon seriously, unlike the Condon report which was an attempt to make the whole thing go away.

I find the "advanced foreign technology" hypothesis hard to take seriously. With a few exceptions, that doesn't apply to Russia, and China relies too much upon espionage and reverse engineering. Not exactly "advanced" in terms of capability. And why would somebody test this sort of thing so far from home?