SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-20, 05:06 PM   #46
Kharsim
Nub

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Nevermind my previous question ! The position on map must be calculated by the navigator. Their is some scripts to activate regarding the calculation.

It is way more realistic than the stock game. I will need some time to get use to it.
Kharsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 05:10 PM   #47
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharsim View Post
Nevermind my previous question ! The position on map must be calculated by the navigator. Their is some scripts to activate regarding the calculation.

It is way more realistic than the stock game. I will need some time to get use to it.
You can disable real navigation addon anytime and use standard SH course plotting... That been said Real Nav addon is arguably one of the best mods ever created for any SH game. It a game changer...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:08 PM   #48
Pandur
Watch

Downloads: 42

Say is it possible to run into a ship that is not in the black ID book or that ID sheets that is in the "E" menue?
I start a new game after the game somehow gave me 2 extra ships/8000tons i did not sink, so i try replay poland and see if it happens again.

Now i have a freighter in front of me, 1 stack, composite, front and rear but no middle island, and quiet characteristic masts, 1 in front and one behind the superstructure... and i have been looking double and tripple through all parts of the ID book and the sheets and i can not find it.

- Are these smoke artifacts that flicker on the horizon sometimes, or that rare huge smoke wall, unfixable? I saw them in earlier TWoS version i was hopeing they are gone? I do use the less explosions more smoke optional mod if that make a difference.
Pandur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 07:57 PM   #49
Blackhorse11ACR2003
Swabbie

Downloads: 99
Default The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod Installation Question

I've just gone through the installation of SH5 Megamod and checked off the PDF install guide...when using the Silent Hunter 5.exe I am able to play the game...but the Mod does not load, even with the megamod loaded in JGSME.

When reverting to the SH5.exe which the instructions provided from the link, I am receiving a series of DLL errors.

Attachment 3582Screenshot 1.PNG

Screenshot 3.PNG

Screenshot 4.PNG

Screenshot 5.PNG
Blackhorse11ACR2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 12:59 AM   #50
Propnut17
Mate

Downloads: 68

The last sentence tells it all. All I would do is:
1.Uninstall your SH5
2. Run File Manager and remove any remaining SH files in the area you installed the program, as well as any SH5 entry you find under My Documents
3. Reboot your PC and run CCleaner including the Registry cleaning section. 4. Reboot again after this process is completed
5. Print out the Install instructions for SH5
6. Install SH5 anywhere EXCEPT under your "C:/Program Files/" folders
7. Highlight the install steps as you go through the install process step by step.

It is very easy to miss just one step and an unexpected error will sure to pop up. You only have to browse through these forums to read how others have had installation problems, until following the step by step install process.

Propnut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 03:57 AM   #51
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnut17 View Post

It is very easy to miss just one step and an unexpected error will sure to pop up. You only have to browse through these forums to read how others have had installation problems, until following the step by step install process.

Well said Propnut17.
Old 09-27-20, 01:25 AM   #52
DustMasterPL
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
gear Need help with forum

Guys can you help me, why I can't download the file?
I have to be premium user or what?
(I use forum only for mods)

I get: "Sorry, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons"
(I get back to forum after few years to download this mod, so it's not the limit)
DustMasterPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 04:38 AM   #53
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMasterPL View Post

I get: "Sorry, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons"
(I get back to forum after few years to download this mod, so it's not the limit)
You'll find direct mediafire download link at the bottom of the main download page...
Old 09-27-20, 09:02 AM   #54
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMasterPL View Post

Your account is active again.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 03:20 AM   #55
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97

Hi gyus!

A small question regarding installation of TWOS 2.2.20.
I now have 2.2.19, so should I disable all my activated mods first, or its not necessary for correct installation of the latest version?

Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 07:42 AM   #56
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon777 View Post
Hi gyus!

A small question regarding installation of TWOS 2.2.20.
I now have 2.2.19, so should I disable all my activated mods first, or its not necessary for correct installation of the latest version?

If you do the update/installation of the new version of TWOS, you will automatically be asked to deactivate the mods (JSGME) and you only have the option to deactivate everything. After the installation you can activate everything again in your desired order. But I do not know, if JSGME start automatically too if the update is complete.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 05:36 AM   #57
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97

2 GrenSo

thanks!

indeed, JSGME automatically verified whether any additional mods were in place. But I've deactivated them first, and then launched the update. Hope my savegames from 2.2.19 will be valid
Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 06:22 PM   #58
tusg43
Nub

Downloads: 3
Default Weird black box

I want to start with this mod at least looks awesome, unfortunately I haven't been able to play it yet. There is a black box in the upper left corner of the screen. there is now way to close it (it looks like map panel or something like that). Any ideas?
tusg43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 07:42 PM   #59
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

tusg43!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 09:19 PM   #60
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

Maybe a stupid statement but it seems to me that both download links available here and in the other sticky TWoS thread redirect to the same download page so maybe worth closing/archieve this thread so to avoid possible confusion for Steam users? Just a suggestion.

LINK: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4861

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 02-09-21 at 09:28 PM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote