SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-13-19, 10:26 AM   #421
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by melis View Post
@Barsy i've got a same, then i gave in steam, and buy version in uplay. cheaper than steam.
I dont think Steam was the problem but anyway, I'm happy you've managed to solve the problem...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 10:52 AM   #422
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Barsy's problem looks like a video driver / windows issue, or maybe missing one of the first steps of the install. I can't really see his images very well, partially due to my eyes not being able to see smaller images so well on this larger screen I now have... - oldmanitis. I am uglier than Jeff-Groves, btw... When I first went to do TWoS years ago on my Steam copy, I was attempting to update an SH5.exe file that was already updated. Similar to trying the same in SH3, that can "trash" the install and result in a failed mod install, though the game seemingly attempts to run. Doing the GFP correctly is imperative also. Read the "The Wolves of Steel X.x_Install instructions.pdf" thoroughly.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 04:12 AM   #423
ssssnake529
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default My TDC dials all disappeared

Playing Wolves of Steel Mod.

I'm on patrol. Spotted a merchant.
Began working on calculating distance, angle, etc.
Switched back and forth between the UZO and the attack periscope, and the bridge, and somewhere in between these switching of perspective, I lost my TDC dials. All the dials on the left (settings for torpedo depth, speed, type, etc.) and on the right (stadimeter, periscope orientation, etc.) are all gone.

I must have inadvertently clicked on something that hid all the dials, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what I did.

Is there a "hide/show tdc dials" button somewhere that I have to press to get the dials back?

EDIT: SOLVED

There was a recent autosave. I reloaded, and my dials and everything are all back where they should be.

Last edited by ssssnake529; 09-14-19 at 04:32 AM.
ssssnake529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 05:26 AM   #424
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > ssssnake529
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 10:45 AM   #425
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

ssssnake529!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 11:28 AM   #426
pinner2010
Planesman

Downloads: 2368
Default long load time. TWOS

Hi all.
I appear to have a problem with the time TWOS takes to load.
It is documented as taking up to approx 5 mins. Ok on that. No problem there.

However, it can,and does, take anything from 20 to 30 mins for me to get game up and running.

SH5 is in protected list on my Kapersky antivirus, therefore there should be no problems there.

Any ideas,guys?

The objective of every dedicated Captain must be to anticipate problems and move swiftly to eradicate them.
However, it's somewhat difficult to remember that your initial objective was to drain the swamp, when you are up to your ass in alligators!.
pinner2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 12:00 PM   #427
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinner2010 View Post
Hi all.
I appear to have a problem with the time TWOS takes to load.
It is documented as taking up to approx 5 mins. Ok on that. No problem there.

However, it can,and does, take anything from 20 to 30 mins for me to get game up and running.

SH5 is in protected list on my Kapersky antivirus, therefore there should be no problems there.

Any ideas,guys?
Hi pinner2010,

Are you talking about initial game loading or a campaign gamesave loading?

Please do a quick test: Start OFEV, find "SOAN" tab and disable SOAN option...Save. Now test your initial loading times...

Also post few random main game folder, game menu and in game screenshots so that I can verify that you have actually installed the game and the mod correctly...
Old 09-24-19, 02:24 PM   #428
SH5 Fan
Watch

Downloads: 51

Hi,

is it normal that i have strong banding-effect all over the place? I thought this was fixed with mods, like SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod.
SH5 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 02:41 PM   #429
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH5 Fan View Post
Hi,

is it normal that i have strong banding-effect all over the place? I thought this was fixed with mods, like SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod.
Not sure what do you mean exactly. Can you post a screenshot?
Old 09-24-19, 02:52 PM   #430
SH5 Fan
Watch

Downloads: 51

https://ibb.co/Twjks9S
https://ibb.co/94pYgCK
https://ibb.co/b6hQq8H

dont know why the Pictures are so dark. ingame i have daylight in this screenshots and the banding is increased with brightness.
SH5 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 04:07 PM   #431
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH5 Fan View Post
https://ibb.co/Twjks9S
https://ibb.co/94pYgCK
https://ibb.co/b6hQq8H

dont know why the Pictures are so dark. ingame i have daylight in this screenshots and the banding is increased with brightness.
Yes, those screenshots look pretty much normal to me...
Old 09-27-19, 02:56 PM   #432
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Found a bug You might be aware of this, but in case you aren't: there's a problem with 3D model linked to DMG_col_ node of at least several imported ships. I noticed this while playing around with Schute_M1, and it is also present in Schute_M2 and I suspect some other ships as well.

This is Schute_M1 - highlighted part is the main node (hull) that has been linked to DMG_col_node as damage model:

Because 3D model of the hull doesn't cover funnel, main bridge, boat and masts, you can shoot right through them like they aren't there. There is no way to deal damage to these parts unless their damage boxes overlap with hull 3D model and you happen to shoot at the overlapping part. You can test this easily - move funnel's damage box down until it overlaps with the cabin and then try shooting at the base of the funnel - you will be able to shoot it off.

The obvious solution would be to export all parts of the ship, make one object out of them in 3D application and link that model to DMG_col_ node. I'll try that with Schute_M1 this weekend and report how it went.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-19, 05:26 AM   #433
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post

The obvious solution would be to export all parts of the ship, make one object out of them in 3D application and link that model to DMG_col_ node. I'll try that with Schute_M1 this weekend and report how it went.
That could be the solution but we could then, in theory, sink a ship just by shooting at the funnel with our AA gun, taking all of her "damage points" in the process?
In my opinion, this would be too much dance for something which is barely noticeable in normal game play...

EDIT:
On a second thought we couldn't actually sink the ship because her funnel would come off, right?

Last edited by vdr1981; 09-28-19 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-28-19, 08:22 AM   #434
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
That could be the solution but we could then, in theory, sink a ship just by shooting at the funnel with our AA gun, taking all of her "damage points" in the process?
We can already do this by shooting any part of 3D model linked to DMG_col_ node - like repeatedly strafing cabin windows, tip of the bow or even railings. It's just impossible with larger ships due to limited ammo and impractical with smaller ones (because even with AA gun it's more efficient to shoot at waterline). The downside of my solution above would be that we could keep shooting at empty space where destroyed funnel used to be, and game would probably still count it as hit (because invisible damage model is still there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
In my opinion, this would be too much dance for something which is barely noticeable in normal game play...
How about simpler solution: extending damage boxes of destructible parts so that they do touch nearest parts of main 3D model (one that is linked to DMG_col_ ). It wouldn't be ideal, because bullets would still go through funnel or mast, but at least it would allow to destroy it by hitting its base or nearby wall.

This is already the case (intentional or not) on many ships - that's why you can shoot masts , boats and funnel off Akita, for instance.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 05:48 AM   #435
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post

How about simpler solution: extending damage boxes of destructible parts so that they do touch nearest parts of main 3D model (one that is linked to DMG_col_ ). It wouldn't be ideal, because bullets would still go through funnel or mast, but at least it would allow to destroy it by hitting its base or nearby wall.

This is already the case (intentional or not) on many ships - that's why you can shoot masts , boats and funnel off Akita, for instance.
Sounds good to me. I think I could deal with that in some of the future updates...