Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-20-10, 11:10 AM   #1
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0
Default One of the last hard copies of SF

After pouring over reviews and mods and numerous posts by Frinik and Kyth and others relating to Steel Fury I bit the bullet and decided to get it. Amazon US only listed a DL version along with just about everyone else. Amazon UK has 1 left but at over $100.00 US there was no way. Finally I finally found a source that has 2 English hard copies available for $55.60. Still a bit pricey for an older game but what the heck, it"s Christmas.

The game is scheduled to arrive around the first week in January so I'm now searching for mods. Been going over the different forums and srarting to DL and file them.

Frinik this is all your fault! LOL!!!

Old 12-20-10, 11:28 AM   #2
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

well....since you are somewhat nearby (I'm about an hour away from Rockford and Clinton, IA,) you could have asked your friendly moderator (the one posting) for his copy, since it doesn't require a cd to run.
either way, the mods definitely add replayability, I don't blame you one bit
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 12:18 PM   #3
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Hey Sledgehammer
I really never thought of that, thanks. I'm just outside of Marengo, about 45 min E of Rockford. I actually have a flip house for sale in Rockford.

I'm looking forward to SF I have TvT but my computer won't handle Zeewolf's mods. I've been playing Achtung Panzer for awhile now and thought I'd expand into SF. I know I'll have a ton of questions so.....
Old 12-20-10, 06:19 PM   #4
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

You're at the right place!
it's kinda funny, Zeewolf takes care of T-34 vs Tiger and I do the Steel Fury stuff, skybird still drops in and posts about Steel Beasts and thus nothing is really left out.

I try to update the Steel Fury resources thread as often as I can with new stuff, and you are always welcome to drop me a PM if you have any questions. Frinik is a big help too
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Old 12-20-10, 06:48 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Sledge, I hereby declare that I will not object to you directly editing my old starting posts in the resources for SF and TvT. In other words you can treat them as public or moderator's property, and edit their links and content. That way you can keep the actual information constantly updated in one post and give it a much better visual accessability. Right now you have several pages in there, and information can be overseen, especially by newbies who do not have patience or interest to wade through several pages in one thread.

The older links might be worth to be checked by you, to see if they still are functional.

The SBP resources I keep an eye on myself.

I would recommend to also finally separate the Steel Panthers and Steel Fury resources and edit the headline accordingly. I do not know why Neal threw both together in one thread. Both are two totally different games. Delete the Steel Panthers stuff, if you want.
Old 12-20-10, 07:09 PM   #6
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Yeah, I've been meaning to do that, still getting used to the Moderator stuff. I think I'll delete the Steel Panthers post, and open up a SF resources thread and leave the current one as a SF discussion thread.
Old 12-21-10, 08:12 AM   #7
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default A mazon or A mafia????

Hemisent; how can you blame me for your lack of willpower in defeating an addiction?????

I am just an honest pusher employed by Graviteam and trying to make a living

$55.60 for SF????This is highway robbery!!!!Don't pay that price it's a ripoff!!!

I saw posts from people buying a copy from Amazon Germany for less than 10 euros.Let me check on the Graviteam forum see if I can find a good source to purchase the game at a reasonable price.

Hang on!

Last edited by frinik; 12-21-10 at 08:41 AM.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-10, 11:01 AM   #8
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Hey Frinik
Thanks for the thought but I think the deed is done. It's already enroute, Paypal has their $. I tried Amazon UK and with the rate of exchange it was outrageous, tried some other sources but couldn't come up with either new or preferably used english versions. Finally I located a source on E bay. I can't go the download method as I live out in the boonies and have a satellite hookup with a 200mb dl limit. This really hinders me for DL'ing the bigger mods like those out for Silent Hunter.

And yes it is all your fault, if you haven't been pounding the SF bandwagon all this time I would have just dismissed it. You and now that interloper Kyth with his new missions and all. What's an addict to do? Surely you don't expect me to be responsible for my own actions do you?
Old 12-22-10, 06:38 AM   #9
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF Addiction

Hemisent , your case is worse than I thought.Next you'll have to steal tanks or apcs to feed your addiction and buy new mods and add-ons...

Once you have SF intsalled make sure you upgrade the game to the various mods, steel sound collection, dusty and muddy textures, frontline accoustics, Steel Panzer mod 1.5( with all the tanks /vehicles), the autmn mod by Lajcak, Kyth's 4 missions. Rends Prokorowska missions.There's ton of stuff which I can tell you about later( old missions I can email you and my own user-made battles once your feet are wet)

Cheers and Merry Xmas
Old 12-22-10, 05:34 PM   #10
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Frinik
I've already begun the mod DL process. Just got Kyth's 4 missions last night. I know I'll have a bunch of questions once it arrives. Thanks for the offer of older stuff, I appreciate it. I've read that the graphics are a little outdated. Looking at the latest screens from Kyth I don't see a problem. Are they in the same ballpark as TvT or Achtung Panzer?

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-10, 10:50 PM   #11
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF

Hemisent welcome aboard! Graphic-wise I think SF favourably compares with TvsT and Achtung Panzer( which by the way is made by Graviteam).
The graphics may not be on par with Crysis but frankly no disappointment.

Make sure you have the Steel Panzer Mod 1.5 beta installed as it is the latest and most complete mod.

Make sure you check the Graviteam SF forum also as it contains lots of interestin g info on SF here´s the link ;http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

Cheers
Old 01-18-11, 06:15 PM   #12
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Well, The fickle finger of fate seems to have reared it's ugly head yet again. The hard copy that was shipped out was supposed to arrive no later than Jan 14. Guess what? Lost in transit. I now have a query open to either locate it or get a Paypal refund...we'll see.

Does anyone know of or have a used English hard copy for sale. There is no way I can download it due to my stupid satellite restrictions.

I really want this game and have spent the last month locating and dl'ing all the mods and missions. Anybody have any suggestions, been looking on E bay and Craig's list for used but no luck.
Old 01-18-11, 11:39 PM   #13
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Arrgh!

That's always a worry when having anything shipped over.

Hope you get a refund,
Kyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 03:44 PM   #14
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Thanks Kyth
Actually, Sledgehammer, the forum's moderator may be able to help me out and sell me a used copy he has.

Once again, the people here at Subsim come through like no where else I've ever experienced.
Old 01-19-11, 08:20 PM   #15
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Actually, I'm giving you the copy for free, my man