Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-25-10, 04:15 PM   #1
killiepie
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Steel Fury Mod v1.4

Hi. I have eventually sourced a copy of Steel Fury and I am presently enjoying getting to grips with the game.
I have a number of questions which I hope someone can answer.

I seem to be spending a fair bit of during the campaign shooting at troops in trenches. There appears to be very little tank v tank confrontations. Is there a difficulty level which increases the number of enemy armoured vehicles?

I have downloaded the patch which fixes the German tank sight reticle. This was fairly easy. I am however struggling to download the major 1.4 patch which increases vehicles, missions etc. The mod enabler shows the patch being activated but still nothing in the game. I assume things are in the incorrect files. I am not very computer literate and I would appreciate if anyone knows of an idiots step by step guide to correctly downloading the patch to the correct files/folders.

Thanks

Old 10-25-10, 07:55 PM   #2
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Quote:
I seem to be spending a fair bit of during the campaign shooting at troops in trenches. There appears to be very little tank v tank confrontations. Is there a difficulty level which increases the number of enemy armoured vehicles?
Historically there wasn't much tank on tank action, I believe the game follows life by making every actual armor vs armor confrontation terrifying and short lived. As for the difficulty, I dont think there is a way to augment tanks on the battlefield without first coming to grips with the mission editor, but there is a slider in the options menu that does something like that.

Quote:
I have downloaded the patch which fixes the German tank sight reticle. This was fairly easy. I am however struggling to download the major 1.4 patch which increases vehicles, missions etc. The mod enabler shows the patch being activated but still nothing in the game. I assume things are in the incorrect files. I am not very computer literate and I would appreciate if anyone knows of an idiots step by step guide to correctly downloading the patch to the correct files/folders.
First, make sure JSGME installed into the games root folder
(hard drive\program files\Lighthouse interactive\Steel Fury)
It should have installed with the 1.4 mod.
Then go to your MODS folder
(Lighthouse interactive\Steel Fury\MODS)
and make sure that the Steel Panzer 1.4 mod is in there, and that there isn't anything beyond that but the data folders.

I hope I'm not being too confusing
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 03:11 AM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default How to Install SP 1.4

Hi Killepie, this means you SP 1.4 MOD( it's not a patch!) is not properly installed. Do you have Vista as an OS? Is your game in the C: drive?

If the answer to both is yes then it means you have to extract SP1.4 download to a separate folder in another drive.Then paste the resulting file into both your game's main folder and into the mods folder which you will find in your game main folder. Then enabled using the JSGME and it should work.You need not remove the previous 1.4 folder and the files are overwritten by any new folder.

It should work.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 10:32 AM   #4
killiepie
Swabbie

Thanks Sledgehammer and Frinik.
I completely cleaned out all previous folders and re-installed Steel Fury. I then downloaded the mod as advised by Sledgehammer. Everything working perfectly.
On another matter altogether.
SF has given me the taste for tank sims and I am considering obtaining T-34 vs Tiger if I can source a copy, seems difficult to get a hold of!
Having read these forums I understand that the original game was a bit of a dog but following the intervention of Zeewolf and his mods this has now changed.
Given my original problems downloading the mod for SF is it fairly straightforward to download the Zeewolf mods for T-34 vs Tiger even for a fool like myself.

Thanks again
killiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 12:27 PM   #5
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

ZeeWolf uses a different method to install his mods onto TvsT. One I'm sure you (who, I'm convinced, is not a fool) can do.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote