SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-08, 08:11 AM   #91
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

I don't know if RSRD added this ship or if it was OM, but when I was viewing a ship an awful glitch happened. I had TMO 1.5, RSRD (with latest patch), and OM (with latest patch) installed. I was running your latest TMO enable Uboat v4, too. I was viewing a ship in the Museum. I don't remember which one it was and I'm not keen on seeing it again after what happened. It looked like a C2 or C3 imported from SH3 and had a camo job. I think it was in the Japanese section. Anyway, the wake was completely off and when viewing the ship from under water there was no hull, just the prop. Before I could get a screenshot my screen went bright green. I had to reset the computer. I have never experienced that before or since. I have since went back to the stock game because that bug really freaked me out. Could you please look into that ship?

Also, the Wakatake caused a CTD when trying to view in the Museum. Don't know if that would cause a CTD while in game or not if it tried to spawn.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 07:59 PM   #92
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
I don't know if RSRD added this ship or if it was OM, but when I was viewing a ship an awful glitch happened. I had TMO 1.5, RSRD (with latest patch), and OM (with latest patch) installed. I was running your latest TMO enable Uboat v4, too. I was viewing a ship in the Museum. I don't remember which one it was and I'm not keen on seeing it again after what happened. It looked like a C2 or C3 imported from SH3 and had a camo job. I think it was in the Japanese section. Anyway, the wake was completely off and when viewing the ship from under water there was no hull, just the prop. Before I could get a screenshot my screen went bright green. I had to reset the computer. I have never experienced that before or since. I have since went back to the stock game because that bug really freaked me out. Could you please look into that ship?

Also, the Wakatake caused a CTD when trying to view in the Museum. Don't know if that would cause a CTD while in game or not if it tried to spawn.
Thanks for the info, It's a RSRDC problem. New patches are posted in the RSRDC thread

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 04-21-08 at 10:23 PM.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 01:27 PM   #93
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

After very many trial and error MOD changes via JSGME, I finally found the cause of my immediate CTD's every time I tried to begin the German Campaign (with Operation Monsoon enabled), with or without RSRDC enabled (correctly ahead of OM). Oddly enough, it was the "John Hamm's Uniform Mod V2.2" which was in conflict with OM and the result was immediate CTD.

I'm not a MODder so I have NO idea why that should be. I removed the Uniform MOD and all works correctly now, RSRDC and OM...and I can freely switch back and forth between the two. I guess I'll live without John Hamm's fine USN uniform mods.

FWIW, my current working activated MOD list is:
GreenLamp
black smoke2
GWX SH4 Terrain mod
ClassicBetterScopes_NomoGraph_V15b1
JonZ'sMedals
MINI_Chrono_1.5
Enviromental 4.3 mod
Smaller Underwater Marker
diverate
RSRDC_V355_for_V15
RSRDC_V355_Patch4
OpsMonsun_V100
OM_V100_Patch3

One question: Should I enable the "ASW_8.0_RSRD_355_1.5" after "RSRDC_V355_Patch4"???

Note that depending on whether I am going to Sail UBoat or Fleet Boat, my intent is to enable either:
"Poul Dave_and_Emergency_Dive" plus "Poul-EnglishSPEECH"

OR

"SpaxsGerman SPEECH FIX_V7"

I'm coming to the conclusion that I need to have two SH4 1.5 installations, one MODded for the American Campaign and one for the German Campaign. That will be simpler than repeated enabling and disabling of MODs each time before starting up SH4....
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 03:09 PM   #94
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I'm coming to the conclusion that I need to have two SH4 1.5 installations, one MODded for the American Campaign and one for the German Campaign. That will be simpler than repeated enabling and disabling of MODs each time before starting up SH4....
That's what I did with a 3rd back-up copy just in case. Each mod list is still pretty long. It was getting to be a mess when I had it all in one install.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 04:54 PM   #95
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
After very many trial and error MOD changes via JSGME, I finally found the cause of my immediate CTD's every time I tried to begin the German Campaign (with Operation Monsoon enabled), with or without RSRDC enabled (correctly ahead of OM). Oddly enough, it was the "John Hamm's Uniform Mod V2.2" which was in conflict with OM and the result was immediate CTD.

I'm not a MODder so I have NO idea why that should be. I removed the Uniform MOD and all works correctly now, RSRDC and OM...and I can freely switch back and forth between the two. I guess I'll live without John Hamm's fine USN uniform mods.

FWIW, my current working activated MOD list is:
GreenLamp
black smoke2
GWX SH4 Terrain mod
JonZ'sMedals
MINI_Chrono_1.5
Enviromental 4.3 mod
diverate
RSRDC_V355_for_V15
RSRDC_V355_Patch4
OpsMonsun_V100
OM_V100_Patch3

One question: Should I enable the "ASW_8.0_RSRD_355_1.5" after "RSRDC_V355_Patch4"???

Note that depending on whether I am going to Sail UBoat or Fleet Boat, my intent is to enable either:
"Poul Dave_and_Emergency_Dive" plus "Poul-EnglishSPEECH"

OR

"SpaxsGerman SPEECH FIX_V7"

The "John Hamm's Uniform Mod V2.2" which I don't have, but I would guess it because of the MARINE.dat file.

As far as ASW_8.0_RSRD_355_1.5, go ahead it should be no problem
Old 04-24-08, 05:10 AM   #96
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8
Default Not so sure

Doolittle81,

you are the second person that has had this issue, could you please give me a list of the MODS you are using and tell me when it crashes. This is the issue the other person said. I am trting to find the similarities. and Isolate it so it can be fixed

Quote:
I personally like this mod, despite the "Artistic Licensing" on realism.
Unfortunately this mod really does not like working alongside TMO1.5+RSRDC+Patch5. (And combinations of.)
I haven't tested much past the campaign problem dates, (December 7/8 1941) but it's a consistent error resulting in a CTD.
Starting from Pearl. at 11.00 the CTD happens without fail every time at 21.30 on the same day.

After a wee bit of time pulling apart the files. The problem seems to originate inside the UPCData/UPCCrewData.

Removing the medals and ranks.upc files fails to launch SH4 past the menu screen, and removing the CrewMembers3D.upc fixes the the whole CTD problem, (And each patrol starts at 08.00 instead of 11.00) but the 3D textures ingame do not show.

Admitably I'm using TMO as a stop gap until RFB1.5 is released, but all the same. A compatible version would be nice if not too much trouble.

EDIT: Works a treat (So far) on the German side, even with TMO enabled.
He was using

1. REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_15
2. RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
3. RSRDC_V371_Patch5
4. Monsun (Not sure which version)
5. John Hamm's Uniform Mod V2.0

But I had tested my mod several times with
1. REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_15
2. RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
3. RSRDC_V371_Patch5

and had no issues so I am guessing the monsun Mod is the problem or rather my mod is the problem with Monun LOL

Last edited by John W. Hamm; 04-24-08 at 05:44 AM.
John W. Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:43 AM   #97
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
Just a heads-up, ASW is up to v9 Like lurker said, install it AFTER RSRDC.

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 12:12 PM   #98
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. Hamm
Doolittle81,

you are the second person that has had this issue, could you please give me a list of the MODS you are using and tell me when it crashes. This is the issue the other person said. I am trting to find the similarities. and Isolate it so it can be fixed
As noted earlier, I am currently using the following MODs in the order shown, and SH4 1.5 is working fine, OM and/or RSRDC:
GreenLamp
black smoke2
GWX SH4 Terrain mod
JonZ'sMedals
MINI_Chrono_1.5
Enviromental 4.3 mod
diverate
RSRDC_V355_for_V15
RSRDC_V355_Patch4
OpsMonsun_V100
OM_V100_Patch3

As you can see, I have quite a few MODs enabled, so you can imgine how long it took to disable individual MODs one by one, and try different orders of enabling, then repeatedly restarting SH4 1.5 to see the result(s). Your uniform MOD was previously in the list. For example, with the following order of JSGME enabling, I had the CTD immediately when I clicked on "U-Boat Campaign" on the Main Menu. (All CTD's related to this matter occurred at that point):
JonZ'sMedals
diverate
GreenLamp
Poul-EnglishSPEECH
Poul Dave_and_Emergency_Dive
black smoke2
John Hamm's Uniform Mod V2.2
MINI_Chrono_1.5
GWX SH4 Terrain mod
OpsMonsun_V100
OM_V100_Patch3

Also with the following significantly lesser number of enabled MODs, I had CTD:
Enviromental 4.3 mod
GreenLamp
black smoke2
GWX SH4 Terrain mod
OpsMonsun_V100
OM_V100_Patch3

Now here is the odd part (or possibly clarifying the situation), today I just added your Uniform MOD back after OM as shown below, and everything works fine!
GreenLamp
black smoke2
GWX SH4 Terrain mod
JonZ'sMedals
MINI_Chrono_1.5
Enviromental 4.3 mod
diverate
RSRDC_V355_for_V15
RSRDC_V355_Patch4
OpsMonsun_V100
OM_V100_Patch3

Note that your Uniform MOD cites the following when installing as the final MOD, as shown above:
"menu_1024_768.ini" has already been altered by the "ClassicBetterScopes_NomoGraph_V15b1" mod.
"menu_1024_768.ini" has already been altered by the "MINI_Chrono_1.5" mod.
"Ranks.upc" has already been altered by the "OpsMonsun_V100" mod.

Hope the above data will be of some use.

Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 12:13 AM   #99
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8

[quote=Doolittle81]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. Hamm
Doolittle81,

Hope the above data will be of some use.

Yes your data has helped alot now i just have to figure what files exactly are conflicting, though it is good to know that it can still work!! as long as it is last... the problem is almost everyones MoD has to be last LOL. (not really but it sure seems that way)
Old 04-27-08, 10:12 AM   #100
akdavis
Samurai Navy

I believe the F4F/Martlet may be missing engine sounds.
Old 04-27-08, 01:27 PM   #101
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdavis
That is correct. The reason is due to compatibility problems with the sh.sdl file. Ran into a number of problems when users would load with other mods. Can you tell me what other modes you are using? Just FYI if you load up RSRDC before OM you will get the sound for the F4F back.
Old 04-27-08, 04:43 PM   #102
akdavis
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
That is correct. The reason is due to compatibility problems with the sh.sdl file. Ran into a number of problems when users would load with other mods. Can you tell me what other modes you are using?
Only PE 2.
Old 04-27-08, 06:31 PM   #103
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
That is correct. The reason is due to compatibility problems with the sh.sdl file. Ran into a number of problems when users would load with other mods. Can you tell me what other modes you are using?
Only PE 2.
Go to the first page of the RSRDC thread and download the "stock" version of RSRDC ( V355 ), after you decompress the mod, find the "Sound" directory and add it to the OpsMonsun data directory and you will have sound for the F4F
Old 04-28-08, 07:14 AM   #104
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I just left Lorient in August 1943 and by arriving at the first waypoint on my trip, I have not yet seen an allied aircraft I thought the Bay of Biscay should be hell already by now, but nope. Admittingly, I have used high TC rates (With two children I have little time to play ) around the 2048 mark, yet in stock SH4 I never experienced problems due to that. Aircraft spawned and attacked me at hight TC rates well. :hmm:
Old 04-28-08, 09:33 AM   #105
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I just left Lorient in August 1943 and by arriving at the first waypoint on my trip, I have not yet seen an allied aircraft I thought the Bay of Biscay should be hell already by now, but nope. Admittingly, I have used high TC rates (With two children I have little time to play ) around the 2048 mark, yet in stock SH4 I never experienced problems due to that. Aircraft spawned and attacked me at hight TC rates well. :hmm:
From a study standpoint this means nothing...but on my first two attempts to get to the 1st waypoint I received a thorough going over each time. I don't remember if this was original OM or Patch1?

Now on my third attempt and this is with Patch2 I am at the Cape, ready to head NNE. No aircraft sighted. I know the "n" number is very small so worthless really. Maybe more folks can chime in. I am now curious.....

Oh, and I also used super high TC on those really long legs past the Canaries.

How is everything in Spain, Hitman? My parents are from that country, good people!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter

Last edited by Wilcke; 04-28-08 at 09:54 AM.
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote