SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-20, 08:55 AM   #1
johnlax
Navy Dude

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default exturnal torps reload??

what do I do to get the external torps on broad and loaded I have torps set to Auto reload I am always on surface but must I be stopped and if so how long I am returning to port all too often with exturnal torps still in the rack
johnlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 09:38 AM   #2
Reed1941
Seaman

Downloads: 84
Icon1

You have to crew the torpedo compartment (fore or aft). Depending on your realism setting, that process can take some time. Also, if you're using the H.sie's (or is it Stiebler's ), you can't reload in rough seas. But in stock SH III or SH III + GWX that should work.

Regards,

Reed
Old 05-08-20, 02:20 PM   #3
Drakken
Planesman

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1941 View Post
You have to crew the torpedo compartment (fore or aft). Depending on your realism setting, that process can take some time. Also, if you're using the H.sie's (or is it Stiebler's ), you can't reload in rough seas. But in stock SH III or SH III + GWX that should work.

Regards,

Reed

With H.sie not only you cannot in rough speed, but you must also slow down to Ahead slow or lower while remaining on the surface.

The process lasts between 1-2 hours. If caught with your pants down while reloading by an air patrol, forget crash diving or speeding up; you are screwed. So, I strongly recommend doing this only late at night.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 04:03 PM   #4
Sailingowl
Watch

Downloads: 4

And even if you have auto reloading on you have to click and drag the eternal torpedo to the a reserve slot for them to start moving it.
Sailingowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 05:40 PM   #5
Reed1941
Seaman

Downloads: 84
Icon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
With H.sie not only you cannot in rough speed, but you must also slow down to Ahead slow or lower while remaining on the surface.

The process lasts between 1-2 hours. If caught with your pants down while reloading by an air patrol, forget crash diving or speeding up; you are screwed. So, I strongly recommend doing this only late at night.

Yep, that's right, I had forgotten about the slow speed while reloading, thanks!