SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-23, 03:53 PM   #1036
Mon Homme
Seaman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
I haven't found the culprit, sadly. In TWoS 2.2.25 there is no Allied group in area at this time or near this time. German destroyers, yes, sure, but no Allies.

Of course I might be missing something - my knowledge of how campaign works is very basic, Vecko would be the person to ask but he is a rare sight on Subsim recently.
I understood you.

I saw this battle because I moved the bunker and the start of the Total Germany campaign from Memel to Danzig. When my U-29 appeared in the Danzig bunker, then I saw this amazing battle. All this happened on 1 November 1939.
Mon Homme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 08:31 AM   #1037
DisUnds
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8

2.2.25 cant using any modified files in \data\Library and Objects? I modified cameras.cam,Shells.zon,torpedoes_g7a-e.sim and .zon,20mm_C38_Twin.sim,Deck_Gun_GE88mm.sim and Vierling.sim,when I load a save(use modified files) which already complete first patrol,and start second game will crash,use original files(start second patrol) will wont.
DisUnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 01:25 PM   #1038
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

DisUnds!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 07:32 AM   #1039
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisUnds View Post
2.2.25 cant using any modified files in \data\Library and Objects? I modified cameras.cam,Shells.zon,torpedoes_g7a-e.sim and .zon,20mm_C38_Twin.sim,Deck_Gun_GE88mm.sim and Vierling.sim,when I load a save(use modified files) which already complete first patrol,and start second game will crash,use original files(start second patrol) will wont.
TWoS will normally work with edited sim or zon files, provided there was nothing in your edits themselves that would cause game to crash.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 12:23 PM   #1040
daemonofdecay
Watch

Downloads: 58

I'm getting some crashes off the English coast with no warning. Did a clean install, followed the instructions, was even able to run a full patrol with no issues, and this is my second patrol.

Steam, latest version, no custom mods, etc.

Here is a link to the save file. To replicate it, I just have to wait a few minutes / turn on time compression and bam, crash to desktop.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dfwmm...2.sh5save/file
daemonofdecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 01:01 PM   #1041
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Hey there daemonofdecay! Welcome back.

Are you using bog-stock-standard SH5, or do you have non-custom mods applied? What is your game's install path? Are you running the old disk version of the game, or a Steam or Ubisoft download?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 01:15 PM   #1042
daemonofdecay
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Hey there daemonofdecay! Welcome back.

Are you using bog-stock-standard SH5, or do you have non-custom mods applied? What is your game's install path? Are you running the old disk version of the game, or a Steam or Ubisoft download?
Glad to be back - every now and again I get a craving for some submarines, you know?

The install path is to Steam, so still in Program Files, but no other mods are running. The only mod I have running through the mod manager included with WoS is the one that removes the plastic holder on the tools.

I was able to save the campaign by going to an earlier save and avoiding that area, but I have no idea what caused the crash. I did a bit of trouble shooting with what I could see in the threat, but didn't find anything made an impact. And by avoiding that area I was able to move past the rough time/date of the crash too.

Generic patcher applied fine, had my antivirus disabled during it, had Steam off, etc.

The CTD was without warning, and its the ONLY time I have had anything like in a few hours of playing. Everything else has been smooth.
Old 05-31-23, 02:08 PM   #1043
daemonofdecay
Watch

I have another save that was my first one with the same issue I can upload as well, from a bit further south. I kept trying to figure out a way to avoid the crash - sinking a ship, not sinking it, etc. - and just couldn't find a way to avoid it.
Old 05-31-23, 04:21 PM   #1044
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome back!

daemonofdecay! On the surface after 13 years' 'silent run'! So long ago you were overtaken by the photobucketprofit scam...your sig's marred photo needs a tad of rejuvenating.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 05-31-23, 04:38 PM   #1045
daemonofdecay
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
daemonofdecay! On the surface after 13 years' 'silent run'! So long ago you were overtaken by the photobucketprofit scam...your sig's marred photo needs a tad of rejuvenating.
Tells you just how long it has been.

EDIT: To avoid spamming I'll add that I've run two more patrols fully with zero incidents. Next time I'll head back to the Eastern Coast of England and see if I can replicate the issue.

Last edited by daemonofdecay; 05-31-23 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-03-23, 11:33 AM   #1046
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I am not aware of any bad ship calls in the stock game, but there might be... However, you mention adding a small mod, and the fact that you are in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \SH5" (or whatever name yours used) with the game, which can cause issues, since Windows will interfere with mods. Neither SH5 nor JSGME are recognized as "authorized" programs in Windows Vista or later, since they were written to the WinXP paradigm. If you do not have many Steam games, then just un-install Steam, and re-install it choosing a folder you make yourself to put Steam and the resulting Steam Library folder into. If you have a 2nd hard drive you can use, you can create another Steam Library folder in that, and install SH5 there in a folder you create yourself. That way, Windows stays out of your way. If you have a lot of Steam games and do not have another hard drive, then life is much more difficult. You could refer to Moving a Steam Installation and Games and / or How to change default install location from the Steam site.

Also, had you emptied your Save folder after activating the little mod you added? I don't think it does much, other than change a few images, but if it changes and cfg, dat or similar files, Windows would get you, and you might have made the Save folder invalid, since it does not update properly, due to the way the game works. Save often, and avoid the area after you test again...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 03:37 PM   #1047
daemonofdecay
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am not aware of any bad ship calls in the stock game, but there might be... However, you mention adding a small mod, and the fact that you are in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \SH5" (or whatever name yours used) with the game, which can cause issues, since Windows will interfere with mods. Neither SH5 nor JSGME are recognized as "authorized" programs in Windows Vista or later, since they were written to the WinXP paradigm. If you do not have many Steam games, then just un-install Steam, and re-install it choosing a folder you make yourself to put Steam and the resulting Steam Library folder into. If you have a 2nd hard drive you can use, you can create another Steam Library folder in that, and install SH5 there in a folder you create yourself. That way, Windows stays out of your way. If you have a lot of Steam games and do not have another hard drive, then life is much more difficult. You could refer to Moving a Steam Installation and Games and / or How to change default install location from the Steam site.

Also, had you emptied your Save folder after activating the little mod you added? I don't think it does much, other than change a few images, but if it changes and cfg, dat or similar files, Windows would get you, and you might have made the Save folder invalid, since it does not update properly, due to the way the game works. Save often, and avoid the area after you test again...
I had actually only used the small mod which was included in the installer through an entirely fresh save - the readme suggested it could be added or removed at any time as well, but I still only did it for a fresh save.

I can report that I have conducted numerous other patrols afterwards, by avoiding that one area, and never had a single other CTD. And I've even been close to where it was happening and, again, not a single CTD since.

I've kept both save files in case anyone else ever reports anything similar, but at this point I'm just going to blame a weird unknown fluke. After this point I haven't had a single issue of note.
Old 07-12-23, 10:12 AM   #1048
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Downloads: 43
Default Wolves of Steel SH5

Someone please help, Installed the Wolves of Steel mod with no issues, but upon loading into a career or historical mission, these boxes appear on screen and i cannot figure out how to remove them!

im also not sure how to upload screenshots so im hoping that by copy and pasting the link below into the search bar it will show you what im seeing.
Thanks

C:/Users/Jamie/Desktop/SH5/Silent.Hunter.5.Battle.of.the.Atlantic/SH5Img@2023-07-12_16.06.14.bmp
Jimbo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-23, 11:44 AM   #1049
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

Jimbo13! finallly surfaced after a long 'silent run'!

Old 07-12-23, 04:51 PM   #1050
Jimbo13
Swabbie

Downloads: 43

Someone please help, Installed the Wolves of Steel mod with no issues, but upon loading into a career or historical mission, these boxes appear on screen and i cannot figure out how to remove them!

im also not sure how to upload screenshots so if someone could also talk me through that, I could happily show you what my problem is.
Jimbo13 is offline   Reply With Quote