SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-20, 06:22 AM   #1
Mjoelnir.hh
Nub

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Starting positions of enemies/convoys

Hey folks!
I'm new here and first of all I want to say "Hi" to everyone who reads this topic!

A friend of mine and I grabbed Wolfpack the other day and I've to say: It's a great game so far!

Since the game is an EA title and doesn't have much content yet, my friend stopped playing it and I'm on my own now, which is absolutely fine for me but I've one problem/issue:
as the title states, the starting positions of the convoys.

It doesn't matter which settings I use when creating the lobby, the convoy always starts a few km away from me.
I don't need to search for them at all, which makes the game boring for me.
Don't get me wrong... attacking a convoy is by far the most exciting thing to do and I love it but the missions are too fast done (in my opinion) if I don't have to search for them and think about a good attack course and all these things.
I love to sit in my U-Boot for several hours, finding and observing the enemy, following them and thinking about a good strategy to attack.

In general my questions are:

1. Does someone else have the same "issue" and maybe a solution so, the convoy starts far far away?

2. Is there only 1 convoy on the seas or would it be possible to just ignore the closest one, ship away and ignore it completely to find another one?

3. If the answers to the questions above is "No", is there maybe a mod I don't know of, which has features to change settings regarding the starting positions?

If the answer to all questions is "No" I guess I'll just do a mod on my own but I'm involved in so many mods for other games, I'm a bit exhausted right now and thought here is the best place to ask if there is already a "solution" for my "issue".

Thx for any input and infos you can give me and sorry for my bad English!

Greetings
Nico aka Mjoelnir.hh
Mjoelnir.hh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 07:17 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Mjoelnir.hh!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 02-20-20 at 07:29 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 07:24 AM   #3
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489

Hi Nico,

We are actively working on modding the game in our group, Wolfpack BdU campaign, please see my signature. We are always looking for people with mod expertise, and we have one talented person already with us who I’m working with in implementing some realism changes into the game, and this is certainly something we can try to work on. It seems that with recent updates this might have changed, you do seem to always be in view of the convoy now.

At any rate, please shoot me a note, would love to have you join. We try to build on this already-great game by giving the runs a little more purpose and connectivity to one another in the context of a campaign.

One-Stop Targeting Shop:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WwBt-1vjW28JbO
My YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...9FXbD3S2kgwdPQ
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 08:39 AM   #4
Mjoelnir.hh
Nub

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Mjoelnir.hh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
Hi Nico,

We are actively working on modding the game in our group, Wolfpack BdU campaign, please see my signature. We are always looking for people with mod expertise, and we have one talented person already with us who I’m working with in implementing some realism changes into the game, and this is certainly something we can try to work on. It seems that with recent updates this might have changed, you do seem to always be in view of the convoy now.

At any rate, please shoot me a note, would love to have you join. We try to build on this already-great game by giving the runs a little more purpose and connectivity to one another in the context of a campaign.
Hey ho!

Thx for the info and, of course, the fast answer!

Well, I'm glad that it's no "problem" just on my side and that it is a general thing which changed with updates.

As said before, I'm involved in Mods for other games (7d2d, Conan Exiles, World of Warships, ...) which takes a lot of my time I don't spend in gaming.
I'm also running a few servers for 7d2d and Conan which also costs some time and am playing in a World of Warships clan...

That being said, I don't think I've the time nor the condition to join you guys and be a good cunstructive part of your modding group right now but I really appreciate your offer!

I'll take a look at the links in your signature and will inform myself about the things you guys do because it sounds interesting and I'm glad that there are people out there, who are willing to make mods for that game.

I'll also take a look at the "enemy spawns" at the weekend and would be glad to share any informations I can find.

Thx again and have a nice day!
Mjoelnir.hh is offline   Reply With Quote