SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-08, 08:46 PM   #31
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
As usual,

miss the point.
What's up with the name calling, man?

Edited for content. Hawk

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 08-23-08 at 09:06 PM.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 08:55 PM   #32
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

If the shoe fits.
Your all happy if theft or improper permissions stuff happens.
But you don't like any post that says NO!
'Edited for alpha code to do something nasty'

And as usual you all will play this out in the forums.
You have not the intestinal fortitude to PM me.
As what the whole issue is about.
PMs.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 08-23-08 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-23-08, 09:03 PM   #33
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
If the shoe fits.
Your all happy if theft or improper permissions stuff happens.
But you don't like any post that says NO!
See above. The Management
Describe 'proper premissions' and explain why someone asking if they can use a mod posted on a forum is a bad thing. Please stop the GWX way with name calling.
Old 08-23-08, 09:04 PM   #34
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Everyone, hit the locker rooms.
Old 08-23-08, 09:04 PM   #35
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Look up Sir.
Old 08-23-08, 09:09 PM   #36
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Everyone, hit the locker rooms.
Thread closed until affected parties settle this issue. Back to my movie. Thanks!

Thread opened.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 08-24-08 at 05:49 AM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 07:55 AM   #37
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 1

Hello Captains,

in order to form a more perfect union i decide that we from AOTD will not use the "GWX-Airship" for ouer Modpack.
It was an idea and i wrote it clearly that we wanne implement that unit after asking for permission but now i throw that idea away..........
Sorry for that missunderstanding.

Here are some other new contents of "Fall of the rising sun"

Airbattles and dogfights between planes are added to the szene.
It was a little bit tricky to make it work but it works very nice.

You can get that feature only in FOTRS caus i will not release this function as an standalone mod. :p

Here you can see 4 zeros attacking 2 catalina´s :

I still working on it so every plane can attack other planes.
It will us give a very authentic battleszene........

Another new unit is added to the japs:

The Nakajima Ki-44 Airplane with two 40mm Guns.

Here you can read more about this plane :

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://www.aviastar.org/pictures/japan/nakajima_ki-44.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.aviastar.org/air/japan/nakajima_ki-44.php&h=1176&w=752&sz=22&hl=de&start=3&um=1&usg=_ _pyi2_F0E2CG8iDLZDs9z70pnK_E=&tbnid=wA-8FHIV4RHuHM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=96&prev=/images%3Fq%3DNakajima%2BKi-44%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dde%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:defficial%26sa%3DN

At the moment the plane is based on the zero but i will rework the modell soon as posible :

If you see this plane you better dive cause they shoot you to hell .........

I hope you like it.

Greets

Maddy
Old 08-24-08, 08:19 AM   #38
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Looking good, MadMax!
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 09:07 AM   #39
CaptainNemo
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 27

*sigh* It is sad that still some think that we want to "steal" their work. MadMax wrote that he wanted to ask for permission first before he integrates the airship of GWX into our modpack.

Quote:
MadMax wrote: But first we need permission from the builder ( one of the GWX-Team) !
Well I don´t want to continue an old discussion, I just wanted to mention my sorrow about these missunderstandings.

Never mind..

We hope that our modpack will fullfill your expectations.

CaptainNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 09:21 AM   #40
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104

WoW!

I shelved this game a few months ago, but that trailer is mouth watering good. Maybe it's time to jump back in....

JD
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 09:25 AM   #41
Dogzero1
Mate

Downloads: 38

I for one, am looking forward to this modpack. Thanks guys.

Dogzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 02:35 PM   #42
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Describe 'proper premissions' and explain why someone asking if they can use a mod posted on a forum is a bad thing. Please stop the GWX way with name calling.
Now let me preface this with the fact that I've just driven down to the garage and got 5 litres of unleaded petrol in a can, which I have just poured over my head.

Now, as you can see how dangerous (and easy) it would be to flame me, I hope you'll be cautious in your responses to what I'm about to post!

I believe there is some past history of things being used without permissions and as everyone who has a history knows, things that happen in the past tend to be a source of annoyance in the future as well, as sometimes people just can't let go.

Now, as a neutral observer, who has tried very hard to stay out of any internet based conflict, I have obsevred Privateer to be a very helpful member of the community when he has felt he has had sometrhing to add to a thread. There are numerous technical threads to which he has contributed, so he's definately willing to help. Given that there was a problem in the past with some work being used as a result of a misunderstanding over permissions, which was later granted, I can see his point about asking for permission in a PM. However, from an entirely unbiassed point of view, it's perfectly acceptable to post in a forum that you intend to use someone else's work, pending their permission, but given that it has happened before I can see why Privateer may feel that a PM first to ask permission would have been a better route to take. Not that the answer would have been a no, but if you ask for permission in public you do have to say no in public, rather than in a private PM, which may be seen as loading the dice somewhat.

From my own point of view, I release my mods as anyone can distribute, not because that's the way I want it, but because that's the reality of the situation. I can't stop someone using my stuff. The only provision is that the readme file included with my work is included in any distribution as is, unaltered. This is because there are other people I want to thank as having contributed to the mod. In the case of the radar mod included with FOTRS, there is a credits file that credits me with the bearing line radar mod, but as far as I can tell, the readme file that should have been included as per my distribution instrucdtions has not been included.

What does this mean? Well, for a start it means that LukeFF gets no recognition in this incarnation of my mod, which is a shame, as he was a big help to me when creating that mod, small and insignificant a mod as it was. I know it's not a major issue, but if credits gets eroded in each release, then what's to stop the next logical step? What if I released this mod and changed a few things and thanked AOTD_MadMax in a credits file and no one else? Who would know what credit belonged to the project?

I believe in credit where credit is due. Not only for the creators of the MODs, but for the people who provided information to help the modders.

Now, I really have tried to stay out of this whole mess, but I don't think anyone would have a problem if permission was sought and credit given in full, where credit was due.

Go on, light me up, I'm doussed and waiting.

Last edited by Nisgeis; 08-24-08 at 02:47 PM.
Nisgeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 03:46 PM   #43
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

I quit smoking ages ago, so I don't even have a match or lighter, so no flaming here

In a sense, I can see the objection. What I have to wonder, though, is if such things are better handled through PM, why the post by Privateer to begin with? Why not report the post with the "offending picture" and handle the problem with a PM to MadMax? I'll be the first to admit that my reaction was a bit harsh, looking back on it, but I didn't feel like it warranted Privateer's response. I still don't, but that's between he and I.

Perhaps, instead of hijacking this thread, we should start a new thread discussing it and allowing opinions to be expressed in a civil manner?

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 03:47 PM   #44
CaptainNemo
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 27

Well, actually I didn´t want to continue the discussion. But I would like to qoute one passage of our readme which says:

Quote:
In addition we would like to note, that “Fall of the rising sun” is just a mod pack and not a mod for itself. That means, that “FOTRS” is a bundle of many already existing modifications. The copyright of each modification belongs to its developer.
If anyone does not find himself in that way he thinks he should be mentioned in the credits/readme please tell us. (stephankrueger@hotmail.com)

I can say it again and again: We did and do not want to "steal" the work of others. :-(

CaptainNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 03:55 PM   #45
Taskeen
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

I almost thought this was a Japanese career mod :\ (I know people likely don't intend "Jap" to be racist, but it's really not hard to spell/type Japanese).

This looks cool nonetheless.
Taskeen is offline   Reply With Quote