SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-2021, 07:57 AM   #5836
Kapitän
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowssapma View Post
Made it to the end of the war. Wanted to see what would happen. Anti-climatic LOL. On my 8th and final patrol, I didn't get any credit for a couple of ships sunk, but the final tally was nice: 288,614.

Strengths: The Type XXI is a beast and I felt very confident with it. Was able to evade easily; even up to 4 destroyers actively pinging. Almost got to Grid AM68 when an unfortunate game crash sent that save to Davy Jones' Locker.

Weaknesses: Convoys. I don't know what I'm doing. I have tried to attack on the side, but get noticed and attacked. I tried to sneak in the middle and same result. VERY limited on getting any shots off, so I resorted to picking off single and double merchants. A man can make a living doing that and sleep in his bed, but what fun is that?

***EDIT***

Forgot to add a couple of things. First, my renown stunk because I sunk a hospital ship. Didn't know I wasn't supposed to LOL. I was afraid I would end up in Nuremberg, but SH3 Commander eased my fears: After the war Erwin Köhler served from 1953 to 1956 in the naval arm of Bundesgrenzschutz (Federal Frontier Guard), then transferred to the Bundesmarine. He was then commander of several naval bases, including Kiel, Cuxhaven and Wilhelmshaven. In 1966 he retired. He died on 1 May 1987 in Bad Schwartau.

Which Mod are you using?
Old 04-23-2021, 08:00 AM   #5837
Kapitän
Seasoned Skipper

Default Final stages of construction of U 113 (IXC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Started a new career in August 2019, to commemorate the beginning of WWII, 80 years ago ...

+++++

Friday, 18 April 1941 - Bremen - AG Weser, Deutsche Schiff und Maschinenbau

Standing by during the final stages of construction of U 113 (IXC).

B.d.U. suspects that the enemy has knowledge of our own Uboat dispositions and therefore issues a directive for the introduction of an additional cyphering key (ENIGMA) for the naval communication services.

Started a new career in August 2019, to commemorate the beginning of WWII, 80 years ago ...

+++++

Wednesday, 23 April 1941 - Bremen - AG Weser, Deutsche Schiff und Maschinenbau

Balkans Campaign ends today with the official surrender of the Greek forces in Albania to both the Germans and the Italians after a personal representation from Mussolini to Hitler.

Meanwhile in the North African Campaign:
Ongoing siege of Tobruk by the German Afrika Korps since 10 April.

After the capture of the Cyrenaica by the British from the retreating Italian Forces, from December 1940 to February 1941 (Operation "Compass"), the German blocking force ("Afrika Korps"), commanded by Field Marshal Erwin Rommel (the "Desert Fox"), arrived in Africa from 10 February until 12 March 1941 (Operation "Sonnenblume"). This force consisted only of Panzer Regiment 5, which was put together from the 2nd Regiment of the 3rd Panzer Division and organized into the 5th Light Division. This 5th Light Division is now joined by elements of the 15th Panzer Division, transferred from Italy. In late summer, the 90th Light Infantry Division will be formed and join the Afrika Korps (DAK). On 15 August 1941, the 5th Light Division will be redesignated 21st Panzer Division.

Field Marshal Rommel, not being a defensive commander, was soon preparing for a counter attack (Rommel's First Offensive). On 24 March he captured El Agheila, the leading British position. He then advanced to Mersa el Brega, which fell on 31 March. Rommel then decided to turn this raid into a larger scale offensive and the British position in Cyrenaica quickly collapsed. Benghazi fell on 4 April and the British began a chaotic retreat towards Egypt.

Rommel's only failure came at Tobruk, where his first attacks were badly planned. The siege of Tobruk (10 April-16/17 December 1941) will last for most of the rest of the this year and will significantly weaken Rommel's position on the Egyptian border. The British will hold on to Sidi Barrani but apart from that and Tobruk, all of the gains of "Operation Compass" (December 1940 - February 1941) will have been lost.
Old 04-25-2021, 07:26 AM   #5838
drowssapma
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Which Mod are you using?
The Grey Wolves. 3.0 I believe.
drowssapma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:51 PM   #5839
Kapitän
Seasoned Skipper

Default Commissioning of U 113 (IXC)

Quote:

+++++

Wednesday, 23 April 1941 - Bremen - AG Weser, Deutsche Schiff und Maschinenbau

Balkans Campaign ends today with the official surrender of the Greek forces in Albania to both the Germans and the Italians after a personal representation from Mussolini to Hitler.

Meanwhile in the North African Campaign:
Ongoing siege of Tobruk by the German Afrika Korps since 10 April.

After the capture of the Cyrenaica by the British from the retreating Italian Forces, from December 1940 to February 1941 (Operation "Compass"), the German blocking force ("Afrika Korps"), commanded by Field Marshal Erwin Rommel (the "Desert Fox"), arrived in Africa from 10 February until 12 March 1941 (Operation "Sonnenblume"). This force consisted only of Panzer Regiment 5, which was put together from the 2nd Regiment of the 3rd Panzer Division and organized into the 5th Light Division. This 5th Light Division is now joined by elements of the 15th Panzer Division, transferred from Italy. In late summer, the 90th Light Infantry Division will be formed and join the Afrika Korps (DAK). On 15 August 1941, the 5th Light Division will be redesignated 21st Panzer Division.

Field Marshal Rommel, not being a defensive commander, was soon preparing for a counter attack (Rommel's First Offensive). On 24 March he captured El Agheila, the leading British position. He then advanced to Mersa el Brega, which fell on 31 March. Rommel then decided to turn this raid into a larger scale offensive and the British position in Cyrenaica quickly collapsed. Benghazi fell on 4 April and the British began a chaotic retreat towards Egypt.

Rommel's only failure came at Tobruk, where his first attacks were badly planned. The siege of Tobruk (10 April-16/17 December 1941) will last for most of the rest of the this year and will significantly weaken Rommel's position on the Egyptian border. The British will hold on to Sidi Barrani but apart from that and Tobruk, all of the gains of "Operation Compass" (December 1940 - February 1941) will have been lost.

+++++

Monday, 28 April 1941 - Bremen - AG Weser, Deutsche Schiff und Maschinenbau

Commissioning ceremony of U 113.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:14 AM   #5840
Kapitän
Seasoned Skipper

Default Transfer of U 113 (IXC) to Training Flotilla

Quote:

+++++

Monday, 28 April 1941 - Bremen - AG Weser, Deutsche Schiff und Maschinenbau

Commissioning ceremony of U 113.

+++++

Tuesday, 29 April 1941: - Bremen - AG Weser, Deutsche Schiff und Maschinenbau

Transfer of boat and crew to U.A.K. and 2nd Training Division (U.L.D.), Gotenhafen.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:15 AM   #5841
Kapitän
Seasoned Skipper

Default Training of boat and crew of U 113 (IXC)

Quote:
Started a new career in August 2019, to commemorate the beginning of WWII, 80 years ago …
Quote:

+++++

Tuesday, 29 April 1941: - Bremen - AG Weser, Deutsche Schiff und Maschinenbau

Transfer of boat and crew to U.A.K. and 2nd Training Division (U.L.D.), Gotenhafen.

+++++

Thursday, 1 May 1941: - U.A.K. and 2nd Training Division (U.L.D.), Gotenhafen

Work-up's andTrials with the U.A.K. (Kpt.z.S.R. BRÄUTIGAM), the 2nd Training Division, Gotenhafen (Freg.Kpt. HARTMANN).

Torpedo-Shooting Training is done with the new firing fuse Pi-G7H, which were introduced in June 1940, due to the "torpedo crisis" in April/May 1940.

The Pi-G7H is basically, a Pi-1, which has been adapted according to the torpedoes captured from the English submarine HMS Seal (37 M) but without the magnetic fuse (MZ). So, only the contact fuse (AZ) can be used.

The differentiation between the Ato and Eto pistol, is the same as with
the Pi-1: Kopf/K-a = T-1/G7a/Ato; Kopf/K-b = T-2/G7e/Eto.

Old 05-10-2021, 01:10 PM   #5842
drowssapma
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Started a new career and in Lorient awaiting my 12th patrol. 184,875 in tonnage along with a successful attack on Reykjavik. Even starting to get the hang of attacking convoys, although fairly limited successes. Might get 1 or 2 prizes before I get depth charged for an hour. Speaking of depth charged...I survived one where I was only in 60 meters of water. I was literally 1 meter from the bottom duck, dodge, and diving my way out of it. I think my hull was at 66% after that fiasco.
drowssapma is offline   Reply With Quote