SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > MoBo - Electronic Maneuvering Board
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-09-07, 10:15 AM   #1
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Having Problems

I loaded a 125km map into MoBo and set the scale at the bottom to 1000 yds and 249 pixels. When I put in my own ship and drew the vextor at 230° I got 51 kts and when I put in the contact with a course of 3° I got 23 kts.

How do I get my own ship's kts to 17 and the contact's kts to 6?

Just starting to use MoBo.

Rob

Last edited by robj250; 09-09-07 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-09-07, 04:36 PM   #2
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

As you size the vectors, the length of the vector relates to the speed.

Typically, the terminal points of the vectors don't touch like that.
Old 09-09-07, 07:31 PM   #3
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

Basic MoBo Intercept Step-by-Step

1) Plot OwnShip Position

When you start MoBo the map area will be empty, left-click somewhere on the map to plot OwnShip position

2) Set OwnShip Speed/Heading Vector

Hover your mouse over the OwnShip circle and press the "V" key. Left-click and hold to move the vector around until it reflects the desired speed and heading. When you're done setting the vector remember to right-click to deactivate "Set Vector" mode.

3) Plot Contact Position

Move your cursor over the area where you'd like to plot a contact and press the "C" key. You can select the plotted contact by left clicking on it. You can left-click and drag to move the unit or, just left-click anywhere to move the selected unit to that location. Remember to righ-click when done moving to disable "Move" mode.

4) Set Contact Speed/Heading Vector

Same as you did for OwnShip. Just hover the cursor over the contact and press the "V" key.

5) Plotting an Intercept

With the above items plotted, you can hover your cursor over the contact and press the "I" key to generate an intercept location.

6) Determine Intercept Heading/Distance/Time

Hover your mouse over the intercept location and press the "N" key to create a little blue "node". You can select and move the node around just like the other units. Hover your cursor over the node and press "spacebar" to create a connection line to OwnShip. With cursor over node, press "B" to display bearing, "D" to duisplay distance, and "Y" to display the time to intercept.

When you're done it should look something like this:

In the example above I actually plotted two nodes and connected one to OwnShip and one to the Contact. Both nodes are plotted overlapping on the intercept point. That's how I was able to display the distance/bearing/time info for the contact... but usually that's not required.