SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-20, 11:31 AM   #1
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0
Default Range setting in the FAT and LUT torpedo salvo

I often get tired of the problem of setting the effective range of rectilinear motion in FAT and LUT torpedoes. I would like to have it resolved automatically.
Is there any mod that will allow you to quickly set the range of rectilinear motion in this type of torpedoes?

For example, I will set a salvo from this type of torpedoes, set the current range of the target, or the effective range at the moment of the torpedo impact, and I would like this setting in the torpedo calculator to automatically set the rectilinear range of all torpedoes in the salvo. It does not have to be effective. There may also be a view range of + 200..500m because the captain of the ship will try to position the torpedoes at 90 degrees.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 04:59 PM   #2
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

There's any tutorial for fat/lut usage?

Use fat is very complex, in theory you could use impact.
Lut with magnetic is a bit easy in a convoy but depth is an issue.

I believe they are useful for a blind shoot or with a pseudo blind shoot (just a fast periscope check for a fast distance to to convoy column or sonar ping if you are inside the convoy knowing they course)
Old 05-15-20, 12:41 AM   #3
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72

Sorry, but that wasn't my question.
FAT and LuT are not complicated for me at all.

If I shoot torpedoes from the periscope, I would like at least the distance to be pre-set to the one that I can define periscope settings. It doesn't matter if I do it myself or whether the weapon officer does it. If I determine that I have 4 kilometers to the target, then after setting this distance, I would like the torpedo to automatically sail 4 or more kilometers straight without special setting by me an additional distance in torpedo settings. And by default, straight traffic settings for FAT and LuT are stupid 2.5 km. And this annoys me a little because I often forget about it. Later, I watch the torpedo spin the tops in front of the target. Usually I launch these torpedoes from a distance much greater than 2.5 km and I would like to change this setting, or that I would automatically set myself at the distance to the target as if at the moment - although it will not be too correct either. In other torpedoes I don't have this problem. And in this more expensive stupid forgetfulness spoils the whole attack.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fat, lut, pattern torps