SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #256
Madox58
Stowaway
 
Posts: n/a
Downloads:
Uploads:
Default

So your saying
'The Check is in the Mail'


I'd have believed nearly any story but THAT one!


I've heard that one for nearly a year now!
And all I get is empty Mailers!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #257
Sailor Steve
Too old for his own good.
 
Sailor Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: High in the mountains of Utah
Posts: 51,512
Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249


Default

Um, that guy who showed up wearing the funny outfit?

That was your Czech.
__________________
“Never do anything you can't take back.”
—Rocky Russo
Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #258
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 154,438
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 13


Default

Bloody US postal service....you can never rely on them

__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #259
Rrannett
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada
Posts: 7
Downloads: 352
Uploads: 0
Default GWX END

As often in the past, it seems that I arrive a little late. I would, however, like to add my very deepest and heartfelt thanks to the GWX Team for a mod that added hours and hours of pleasure to what was a relatively mediocre game. I will certainly NOT acquire SH5, for obvious reasons, but i WILL make an additional contribution to SubSim on your behalf.

The very best to you all in your future endeavors and thank you once again!
Rrannett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #260
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 154,438
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrannett View Post
As often in the past, it seems that I arrive a little late. I would, however, like to add my very deepest and heartfelt thanks to the GWX Team for a mod that added hours and hours of pleasure to what was a relatively mediocre game. I will certainly NOT acquire SH5, for obvious reasons, but i WILL make an additional contribution to SubSim on your behalf.

The very best to you all in your future endeavors and thank you once again!
I'm sure Neal will be very appreciative......thank you on behalf of the Grey Wolves
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #261
MILLANDSON
Helmsman
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 106
Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Default

Aye, seems I've arrived late too, but for what it's worth, thanks for all the hard work you put into GWX for SH3. If it wasn't for that mod, I probably wouldn't still be playing the game.

Thanks guys, and good job!
MILLANDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #262
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 154,438
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 13


Default

SINK EM ALL!!
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #263
Jim Beam
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1
Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default

Thanks a million Grey Wolves. It won't be the same without people who made SH3 even much bigger. Respectfully to other modders, I would like to be wrong if I say nobody can do with SH5 the massive improvement the Grey Wolves did with SH3.

I know it's a bit late, but I salute you. Have a worthy and happy life, you deserve it.

S!

P.D. Of course, I prefer a trillion times SH3 plus Grey Wolves than the last Ubisoft abort named SH5.
Jim Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #264
Sailor Steve
Too old for his own good.
 
Sailor Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: High in the mountains of Utah
Posts: 51,512
Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249


Default

WELCOME ABOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Beam View Post
Respectfully to other modders, I would like to be wrong if I say nobody can do with SH5 the massive improvement the Grey Wolves did with SH3.
You might end up being surprised. Former members of several teams and several independent modders are looking at SH5 and discussing what can be done. Don't expect a reuniting of any particular team, but expect a collaboration of all sorts of folks to see what they can accomplish.

The future is not all gloom and doom.
__________________
“Never do anything you can't take back.”
—Rocky Russo
Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:06 AM   #265
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 154,438
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Beam View Post
Thanks a million Grey Wolves. It won't be the same without people who made SH3 even much bigger. Respectfully to other modders, I would like to be wrong if I say nobody can do with SH5 the massive improvement the Grey Wolves did with SH3.

I know it's a bit late, but I salute you. Have a worthy and happy life, you deserve it.

S!

P.D. Of course, I prefer a trillion times SH3 plus Grey Wolves than the last Ubisoft abort named SH5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
WELCOME ABOARD!


You might end up being surprised. Former members of several teams and several independent modders are looking at SH5 and discussing what can be done. Don't expect a reuniting of any particular team, but expect a collaboration of all sorts of folks to see what they can accomplish.

The future is not all gloom and doom.
I think Steve sums it up pretty accurately
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #266
ryanglavin
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Evading that Hunter/Killer Group on my Tail
Posts: 584
Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default

As long as Jim is still around, we can't be all gloom. He forces us to be happy
__________________
ryanglavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #267
Sailor Steve
Too old for his own good.
 
Sailor Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: High in the mountains of Utah
Posts: 51,512
Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249


Default

He does seem to have that affect, doesn't he?
__________________
“Never do anything you can't take back.”
—Rocky Russo
Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #268
raymond6751
Admirable Mike
 
raymond6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,290
Downloads: 361
Uploads: 0


Default Yeah but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrannett View Post
As often in the past, it seems that I arrive a little late. I would, however, like to add my very deepest and heartfelt thanks to the GWX Team for a mod that added hours and hours of pleasure to what was a relatively mediocre game. I will certainly NOT acquire SH5, for obvious reasons, but i WILL make an additional contribution to SubSim on your behalf.

The very best to you all in your future endeavors and thank you once again!
I echo the sentiments for GWX but don't think anyone should write of SH5. Just look at the difference made in SH3 by modders. Given time, the latest Ubi half-finished product will be a valuable experience.

My copy sits waiting.
__________________
Sub Nut
Master of the unspoken comment.
raymond6751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #269
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 154,438
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanglavin View Post
As long as Jim is still around, we can't be all gloom. He forces us to be happy
Well thank you sir....those kind words are very much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
He does seem to have that affect, doesn't he?
You don't do too badly yersel matey
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #270
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 154,438
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond6751 View Post
I echo the sentiments for GWX but don't think anyone should write of SH5. Just look at the difference made in SH3 by modders. Given time, the latest Ubi half-finished product will be a valuable experience.
Indeed so
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.