SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-09, 08:27 PM   #31
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

I guess it's time for another signature change. But I'll keep it for another week or so...
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 09:16 PM   #32
lutzow
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 103

No. I can't believe...This is just another bad dream, of course.

http://hosted.filefront.com/Lutzow1
lutzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 09:25 PM   #33
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Stickied....

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 09:38 PM   #34
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334

The gamut of emotions:

Thanks for all the work you all have done. You've supplied many hours of enjoyment, many to the wee hours of the morning.
“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 10:13 PM   #35
TiFlo
Nub

Downloads: 125

My deepest respect and appreciation for your work, as well as my support in your decision to you and the rest of the team.
Thank you for everything, and may you enjoy your free time!

Bon vent!
TiFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 10:25 PM   #36
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

to add to my earlyer post...

Its hard to believe its all over...

The mod team, thats taken a thrashing, but kept on going is kaput...

I thought The gray wolfs would never stop challenging the silent hunter engine, pushing ahead makeing a great mod that helped keep silent hunter 3 alive for the past five years... but sadly... as all great things, it has all came to an end...

I think the summer of 2009 will always be remembered as the summer that many famous people died... there was that one week were we lost a celeb a day... but I think that if I remember this summer for anything... it would have to be the End of the Grey Wolfs team...(and the end of the current Top Gear series also lol...)

Its sad to think that someday even subsim will come to an end... as all good things do...
Old 08-30-09, 10:43 PM   #37
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

After writing and deleting this post several times I think I am going to keep feelings and opinions to myself.

The only thing I have to add is for the entire GWX team:

Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 11:05 PM   #38
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Oh well.. It was an expected step for me. Hope you guys will be back on SH5 (GWX5) if needed.
GWX will never die in my heart and memory as an outstanding group of people that gave to SH3 a briliant new look
Old 08-31-09, 01:29 AM   #39
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

It was a great time. Salute!
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 01:30 AM   #40
YukonJack_AK
Soundman

Downloads: 103

A hearty Thank You to all the members of the GWX Team... You all have left a legacy on the video game world that ALL game developers should emulate... through listening to your community, and for the sheer love of the game you have endevored to make it simply the best! Bravo Gentlemen! Your hard work and attention to detail will sorely be missed - but you have inspired many! Best of luck to each of you in all your future plans - Long Live GWX!

GWX3.0 - SH3Commander - Thomsen's Sounds Pack - Manos Env Pro - Hitman's Optics - RB's UBoat Flags - Waterstream & Exhaust CombiMOD - Torpedo Damage Final - DiD
AMD Phenom II x6, 16GB DDR3, 2x NVidia GTX460 1GB, WIN7 64bit
YukonJack_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 02:08 AM   #41
JMV
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 179

So unexpected, and at the same time not so... But life is like this, the realm of "impermanence".

I DO concur with everypoints mentionned in the posts abovel, and wish to thank Captain Lehmann and the whole of the GWX team ( and why not all the modders of this community who were, and are still working on the work laid by the GWX team ) and for the countless hours of happiness untill the early hours of the nights...

So yes, R.I.P. GWX, but that's not the end of it, and the "ripples" will be felt for still quite a while... ( And not everybody will be able to buy a new rig for SH5...I won't )

See it that way Cpt Lehmann, sometimes in life it's time to take a good break. Very few people here can ever imagine ( I include myself ) the level of involvement it must have asked from you and your team in your private lives and else...

So yes, take a chance, look a the bright side of it. Everyone needs a break. Rest from it for as long as needed...go on vacation if you can and when the time ( undoubtedly ) comes, you can always say I'm here, (because I doubt that you could ever stay UN-interrested with SH5 for very long ) Hehehe...
So, thank you again, Captain Lehmann, good rest, and we'll see you in a while, I have no doubt.

From everybody here... :s alute:
JMV
JMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 04:09 AM   #42
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 10

What to say, indeed it a real shame it had to end this way - but as the Kpt said there was no real aternative.
We faced an inevitable prospect of it either being - too late or too rushed. Nobody wanted either.
In many ways the bottom line was that GWX 4 was (in hidsight) a bridge too far.
The amount of work needed to re-write the campaign files and the reworking of imported units was a MONSTROUS task.

Another point is that nobody, (including ourselves) wants GWX4 to be competing with SHV in any way.... Im not saying it would or could just that - it is a potential confilct of intreast that would do no favors or justice to anybody.

We're deeply sorry to let down those who were looking forward to the mod
Still, I feel honoured to have been apart of GWX, and to have worked with such a cool bunch of people.

Thanks to all of you here for your understanding and your kind words, It really means a hell of a lot to the team.

I have no doubt that Ubi devs will do a cracking job with SHV, Its got me drooling already
And when it ships in 2010, we can be sure that a tidal wave of talanted modding energy will be surging though these forums. (new and old alike)
There is still much to look forward to gentlemen.

Last edited by JU_88; 08-31-09 at 04:39 AM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 04:22 AM   #43
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

thank you for everything. SH3/GWX3 for me has to much potential and gameplay fun / immersion that I don't feel very unhappy about that decision.

best wishes for the future for you all!

h.sie
Old 08-31-09, 04:32 AM   #44
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Even the staunchest GWX critic would be hard-pressed to deny the overwhelming impact that GWX has had on SH3. It would be more than fair to say that GWX set the benchmark for SH3 modding. It would be even fair to say that GWX set the benchmark for the modding of other games, as it is not that uncommon to read references to GWX ("I wish we had a GWX-type mod for <insert game here>") in other forums.

Certainly I have been a long time user of GWX and the earlier TGW (when it was just Lehmann and Marhkimov) and can say without doubt that SH3 would not be on my HDD today were it not for GWX.

Being on the GWX team introduced me to some great guys like BBW, Rubini and Ref. There was a time when I enjoyed opening my inbox to see it full with email from these guys.

Lehmann, you can "retire" with dignity and the knowledge that you have made many thousands of SH3 players happy. We did not always see eye-to-eye (heck, you frustrated the excrement out of me), but no-one can argue with the results.

And I'm sure not many people here are fully aware of the personal sacrifices that you made during your reign as GWX project manager, just to make them happy.

To you and the team--both past and present--thanks.

Last edited by JScones; 08-31-09 at 04:46 AM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 05:16 AM   #45
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Downloads: 426
End for The Grey Wolves Mod Team

Journey's End for The Grey Wolves Mod Team

That is a mistake!