SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-05, 10:31 AM   #76
Seaboy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Amazing how this silly thread grew into such a rope. Talk about bumping. I had even forgot I posted the silly thing. I think I was having one of my OLD SELF - Ornery Mood Attacks at the time. But I see many good things grew over it and some really interesting things at that. I suppose the title got to everyone - cause it is a pain to all players of SH3 - which is a great game. But I really have quite the game now for weeks - burned it off my PC. Now I am just waiting for SH4 - which will hopefully be SH3 with all the missing parts added.
Old 07-22-05, 10:57 AM   #77
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I never heard of them putting, or planning to put, a radar on the snorkel. What they DID place on the snorkel however was the Naxos radar detector.
Same here. I wasn't aware of radar, either. Seeing all this "radar on top of snorkel" talk has got me confused.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 10:58 AM   #78
Jace11
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1

This thread has turned into another XXI bug thread. There is the XXI "sucks" thread in the main SH3 forum, and the 8km workaround thread covers some of the same stuff.

Also someone else started another thread on batteries, snorkel and radar in the XXI

Great!

Except its bloody confusing and difficult to keep track of everything...
Jace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 11:36 AM   #79
SeaSlug_U999
Seaman

Downloads: 0

Yeah, I've seen them myself, but the extension is not coded. (e.g. look at the beginning of XXI.sim file, and you'll see obj_extensible (snorkel and periscopes). You can even alter the lenght of the extension (I made my scope & snorkel in the XXI rise another 3m - up to 20m on the scale). <32bit float>

I'm afraid something has been omitted in the original code. (i.e. the extensible FUMO/FUMB masts).
SeaSlug_U999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 11:46 AM   #80
SeaSlug_U999
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
Quote:
I never heard of them putting, or planning to put, a radar on the snorkel. What they DID place on the snorkel however was the Naxos radar detector.
Same here. I wasn't aware of radar, either. Seeing all this "radar on top of snorkel" talk has got me confused.
So I guess you never read what the <help> sais for FUMO 391? It's not a matter of historical accuracy for me, it is just something it is advertised in the game but bugged. Personally I don't care if the 'real' uboat had or not ESM masts. I wish the one in the game would work though.

PS: for all the die-hard fans out there, I really appreciate your entusiasm and respect your choice of gaming. For me, however, it is just a great game, which will never compare to being a real uboat captain. So I'd like to take advantage of all it's features. For all I care they (devs or modders) could put up a bizarre nazi-virginia-class sub in 45, I'd play it.
SeaSlug_U999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 11:50 AM   #81
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Quote:
So I guess you never read what the <help> sais for FUMO 391?
Actually, no I haven't. Since it is bugged I never even bothered. :P
Old 07-22-05, 08:01 PM   #82
Average Joe
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
I don't think the IXD2 had self-destructing radar. I know my choice of wording may have eluded to it, but I'm just not sure. I'm using the IXD2 in a career, but have only got the sonar destroyed message
(S-Gerat).
Hi Syxx_Killer,

Yes, with the IXD2, that is what I see too; S-Gerat Sonar-destroyed, no problem with Radar.

I'm glad you posted about it, because I just don't see that initial text-message ('sonar-destroyed') when starting a patrol with IXD2. After you mentioned, then I checked and found it shows as 'destroyed', in the sub-compartment display.

Quote:
Getting the sonar destroyed message, and consequently, the destroyed sonar only affects you ability to ping a contact.
If you're talking about pinging for range(?) I don't see this problem with the IXD2. I can ping a contact and receive proper range. Like you, not too often used, but it does seem to work.

Unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible! ) all equipment seems to function on the IXD2, even though sonar is destroyed. Then again I don't get that initial text-message (though I see it with XXI or VCII/42 subs).

p.s. Hope you don't mind my quoting only part of your reply.
Old 07-22-05, 08:18 PM   #83
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Quote:
If you're talking about pinging for range(?) I don't see this problem with the IXD2. I can ping a contact and receive proper range.
Hmmm... That's odd. I thought sonar in the game was actually active sonar? Does this anomaly still occur on the on VIIC/42 and XXI subs? I've never used the sonar on the XXI and never even used the VIIC/42.

Quote:
Hope you don't mind my quoting only part of your reply.
I don't mind. That's what the quote feature is there for.
Old 07-23-05, 03:18 AM   #84
Average Joe
Eternal Patrol

Syxx_Killer,

Active sonar (compared to passive?), to be honest I don't know.

I have not used the XXI either, except to see what it was like (really big!). Pretty sure it comes equipped only with SU-Apparat Nibelung' sonar though. If also using FuMO-391 radar, I see a 'Sonar/Radar/Mast Destroyed' text-messages.

With the VII-C/42 (really enjoy this sub!), this is the best equipment I have found that works okay (with no 'Destroyed' messages):

Sonar: S-Gerat
Radar: FuMO-61 or FuMO-64
Radar-Waring: FuMB-26
___

...Someday I hope to be a 'quote'n-machine!'
Old 07-23-05, 08:35 AM   #85
rulle34
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 8

Where is the info about "no more patches".
It would be nice to know and I also want to turn back to the subject this thread was started for.

/Rulle
rulle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 09:07 AM   #86
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hello,
nobody said there were no more patches, but Ubirazz (i guess it was him) stated the devteam would currently be working on a different project (most probably Pacific theatre or an add-on to the current sim), so no patches next time - maybe there will be one, but it'll take some time.
Have patience, there are so much mods (and good ones!) and maybe the new expansion coming out in august is worth it.
Greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 11:43 AM   #87
rulle34
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish
Hello,
nobody said there were no more patches, but Ubirazz (i guess it was him) stated the devteam would currently be working on a different project (most probably Pacific theatre or an add-on to the current sim), so no patches next time - maybe there will be one, but it'll take some time.
Have patience, there are so much mods (and good ones!) and maybe the new expansion coming out in august is worth it.
Greetings,
Catfish
Thanks Catfish!
rulle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 05:38 AM   #88
U301
Officer

Downloads: 782

UBI Soft did not make £750,000 in the first month so...
"No more patches!"

KUrtz
U301 is offline   Reply With Quote