SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-31-12, 12:54 PM   #1
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Default TDC dials off center in Operation Monsun

I've been putting the Magnified HUD Dials mod with Operation Monsun+OMEGU and their latest patches. Pretty much done.....just updating the changes for the text files (this takes just as long as having a compatible mod). The work is influenced by the "Grandpa Gauges" that themrwho released. I'll put the released versions on SubSims "Downloads" page when I'm done.

The question I have for those that play Operation Monsun and OMEGU addition is "Do you have the TDC dials on the periscope screen not line up over the positions their intended to have?"

The following images show what I'm seeing. I'm just wondering if that's what everyone else sees as well?

A closer image of the right hand dials.....pointing out what I'm talking about.

I'm just wondering?

With some effort, I think I can correct this "offset" of the few dials that show this issue.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-12, 03:31 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

As far as I know Lurker was working entirely alone when he created OM. This means that he just didn't have time for a number of things. I pointed some of them out at the time, and some of them were corrected. The TDC was something I never saw, because I suck at manual targeting.

Yes, I would love to anything corrected, including this.
Old 10-31-12, 08:09 PM   #3
CapnScurvy
Admiral

I'm a newb on OM and it's many parts. From what I can tell, the periscope TDC dials arrangement are part of the OMEGU additional mod. Something called the KiUB created by "karamazoview".

I've not even run OM by itself to see if the old German periscope interface is still used.

Guess I'm just trying to ask for someones opinion on a subject I don't know too much about. Correcting the placement of the dials, is probably something I can do (with a little study). I'm interested in making a Magnified HUD Dial mod for those that want it, for the particular mod setup that's most used. If Operation Monsun is used mainly by itself (with the latest v720 and it's patch 5) then I know what to release. If everyone says OM+OMEGU is the only way to play an Atlantic TO, then there's a different path I'll have to take. Just trying to make something that the majority of folks will play.

Besides seeing the TDC dials a bit off, I also noticed several Recognition Manual ship pictures missing. Just blank images. I've been known to correct those when I've modded over some of Lurkers work. If I'd get carried away, I'd check the ship length and mast height too. I'm not saying I'll fix them with the Magnified HUD Dials mod, but I do see some things that I could do to help out.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 11-01-12, 02:32 PM   #4
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Yup, mine look the same way. Never noticed before. (Haven't played OM/OMEGU much. Just installed it out of curiosity.)
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 11:55 AM   #5
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

This is the correct look for the TDC Panels, Kara created these is 3D and so what your seeing is a representation of the depth of the Gauge within the Panel Casing just like as would be seen in real perspective.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 05:41 PM   #6
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Hi Reaper7, so they were intentionally made that way?! Well there you go, I had no idea!!

I just spent the better part of a day putting them into the positions I thought they should have. I'm a rube!!

Anyway, I'll not put much emphasis on what I did, but I do have a Magnified Hud Dials mod for both an Operation Monsun v720, and OM+OMEGU mod, with the dials moved on the KiUB. I've just released the mods to take the place of the "Grandpa's Gauges" that have lost their link.

Quote: