SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-07-18, 04:21 PM   #1
komi
Sailor man

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Any video games featuring Manchukuo?

Maybe it's me but it seems like the armed forces of Manchukuo are often neglected in historical video games featuring the Asia-Pacific theatre of WW2. Maybe that's just because more games focus on the Pacific rather than the Sino-Japanese conflict, or because they were an obviously lesser faction compared to Japan? Either way I was just wondering if there are any video games that let you play as part of the land, air, or sea forces of Manchukuo?

I think it would make an interesting change of pace to simulate Manchukuo's side of events like Khalkhin Gol, the 1930s campaigns in Inner Mongolia, coast-guard convoys dodging Allied subs in the late-war, or the Soviet invasion in 1945, and see how well you could do given how they actually performed historically...
komi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 10:24 AM   #2
Mike Abberton
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 42

Not sure what sort of game you are trying to find (tactical, strategic, operational, etc.), but the Rising Sun, the Campaign Series Pacific War version includes scenarios, units and formations for various land actions featuring Manchukuo forces.

I have played several scenarios related to Khalkhin Gol and Mongolia. I believe there are late-war Soviet Invasion scenarios as well, although I expect those have balancing issues.

The Campaign Series is available from Matrix Games.

Mike
Mike Abberton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 11:58 AM   #3
komi
Sailor man

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Abberton View Post
Not sure what sort of game you are trying to find (tactical, strategic, operational, etc.)
To be honest given the general lack of video games I've seen on this subject, I'd be open to suggestions from any genre (heck even an fps if there was one...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Abberton View Post
but the Rising Sun, the Campaign Series Pacific War version includes scenarios, units and formations for various land actions featuring Manchukuo forces.

I have played several scenarios related to Khalkhin Gol and Mongolia. I believe there are late-war Soviet Invasion scenarios as well, although I expect those have balancing issues.

The Campaign Series is available from Matrix Games.
Is this the game you're talking about? http://www.matrixgames.com/products/...ampaign.Series

Sounds interesting, although the description makes it sound as though you can only play the Allied side?
komi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manchukuo, video games, ww2