SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-10-10, 11:35 AM   #1
doomfreak777
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default GWX Map

Hey again,
Yesterday I installed GWX and have been having alot of fun with it so far, and I thought the vanilla sh3 was good! This is alot better so far, excellent job they've done!

Anyway I was looking through the manual and found the map of all the trade routes etc, but adapted for GWX. As I bought SH3 online and have it as a download I don't have the original fold out map either that I think came with the boxed copies of the game.

I was wondering if the map is available as a separate download anywhere, I've just checked on the grey wolves website but it isn't there and i'm not sure if print screening the map from the GWX manual will be particularly good quality when printed.

Any ideas?
If not I will give it a shot anyway
Cheers
doomfreak777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 11:41 AM   #2
fw66
Torpedoman

Downloads: 53

You can access the same map in the game on the nav map, it's on the top left corner and you can drag it down to take a look.

If you want to print it out, the image for the in-game map should be somewhere in the game files and that should produce a good quality print. I'm not on the computer with the install, but I think it'll be in the Data>Menu folder somewhere (sorry, that's a bit useless, but I'm sure someone will tell you where it is!)

Hope that helps!
fw66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 12:58 PM   #3
doomfreak777
Watch

Default ok

Thanks alot I didn't realise it was in-game!

Another quick question (no point starting a new thread)
Why does it say I have 5/5 officers when I definitely can only see 4.
I used to have an officer who had the torpedoman qualification but now he's randomly dissappeared yes it still says 5/5 officers.

And does anyone know if its possible to make the water in SH3 GWX a bit more transparent/brighter when under water (outside cam) or would that be fairly complicated?

Sorry for all the questions ha!
Old 05-10-10, 01:01 PM   #4
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Hi

You can list your officers and all personnel when going to view the crew. That should show you all of them. You can list them by rank or skills, etc..

<ha> You can turn up the brightness of your monitor to save tweaking the files.

M
Old 05-10-10, 01:13 PM   #5
doomfreak777
Watch

lol yeah suppose I could do that!

I am at the base atm, and when I go to 'personal files' and view the sub and all its posts there are only 4 officers showing (3 in the command room and 1 watch officer) but the officer bar to the left is fully green showing I have 5/5 officers.

Unless it's possible for him to be ill or something!?
Old 05-10-10, 01:23 PM   #6
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomfreak777 View Post
lol yeah suppose I could do that!

I am at the base atm, and when I go to 'personal files' and view the sub and all its posts there are only 4 officers showing (3 in the command room and 1 watch officer) but the officer bar to the left is fully green showing I have 5/5 officers.

Unless it's possible for him to be ill or something!?
I don't know if this makes a difference but did you by chance assign an officer to damage control in the game and then leave him there for the rest of the patrol?

Because IIRC the damage control "compartment" that you can stick people in using the crew management screen in the game is not shown at all in the personnel management screen you get when you're in base. So I wonder if anyone who gets assigned to damage control in-game and is still there when you exit the patrol would be "missing" from the crew shown once you're looking at them back in base.

Just a hunch because I remember seeing references to a "missing officer/crew" problem that I think had something to do with assigning people to damage control and then leaving them there when you RTBed.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 02:29 PM   #7
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Cheers doomfreak.

SINK'EM ALL!!!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 02:34 PM   #8
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomfreak777 View Post

And does anyone know if its possible to make the water in SH3 GWX a bit more transparent/brighter when under water (outside cam) or would that be fairly complicated?

Sorry for all the questions ha!
The best you can do without altering files is to use SH3 Commander and set the water clarity level to 20.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 02:43 PM   #9
Hook
Bosun

Downloads: 10

SH3 Commander documentation has the following line:

Crew Manager now "finds" and returns missing officers.

I'm not sure how this works, as I've never had a missing officer. But several people have mentioned that it happens when an officer is left in damage control when you return to base.

Hook
Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 03:53 PM   #10
doomfreak777
Watch

ah righto, yeah that is quite possible actually, I remember moving him into the damage control and it's probable I forgot to bring him out again.

Thanks for the replies I will try with SH3 commander tomorrow and see what happens

EDIT: interesting... I just checked SH commander now and it lists him as being dead which I don't remember happening, but I guess i will 'dismiss' him in SH commander and find someone else to takeover lol.

EDIT2: Nope I just remembered my whole crew are dead, I got taken out by some destroyers in a convoy and turns out I was right above a mine field at the time, I did wonder why my torpedos were detonating prematurely and not actually making it to any of the cargos lol. oh dear...
still doesnt explain why the officer isn't/wasn't appearing though, I will reload the previous save tomorrow and see what SH commander makes of it then.
Old 05-10-10, 04:43 PM   #11
flag4
Watch Officer

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
The best you can do without altering files is to use SH3 Commander and set the water clarity level to 20.
could this be done during patrol?
Kurt Vonnegut
flag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 07:45 PM   #12
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Normally this corse of action is safe when related to graphics and sounds file changes but personally speaking I prefer to play it safe and wait until I'm back in port.

Old 05-12-10, 08:02 AM   #13
flag4
Watch Officer

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Normally this corse of action is safe when related to graphics and sounds file changes but personally speaking I prefer to play it safe and wait until I'm back in port.
thanks for that. at present im out on Rockall Bank and it may be a while untill i return, so i'll wait.
Kurt Vonnegut
flag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 08:49 AM   #14
PappyCain
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 10

Missing Officer?

Gross but true ... I knew of a situation where a valve failed and the victim was partially sucked out the head while on the can. Took his insides out to sea. Check the head!!

DID, no cheats, no shortcuts, no non-historic equipment deviations. Boat and crew safety is integral with my immersion style! Follow the historic events during your patrol: http://www.uboat.net/today.html

Last edited by PappyCain; 05-12-10 at 09:20 AM.
PappyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 10:05 AM   #15
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappyCain View Post
Missing Officer?

Gross but true ... I knew of a situation where a valve failed and the victim was partially sucked out the head while on the can. Took his insides out to sea. Check the head!!

Would that be Karl-Adolf Schlitt?

http://www.uboat.net/men/commanders/1090.html

Tags
gwx, map, print, routes