Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-22-19, 06:07 AM   #16
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Why do you post a video as a reply to a bug I described, showing another bug?
because this bug causes effect described by you. Its not visible in vanilla - but it doesen't means bug not exist.

Quote:
The bug I described in post #11 is a bug on the loadout screen, you know, the one before mission, not in mission:
"or the bug on some weapon loadout screens that show a rack free space number that is not correct and you try to increase some weapon count while still having 2 or more available spaces to fill but it just doesn't increase"
this is for preventing vanilla bug from my video. It makes "virtual" space for reloading. Btw number of maximum loadable torpedoes in racks 1-4 are correct (8). If it causes you don't play this mod my opinion about you is not good. You see small bugs but you cannot see all improvements - also vanilla major bug fixes. For me it's ridiculous.

Quote:
Please, post a video showing the bug I described in the loadout screen before mission, on original DW.
no, its looks like you are "laziest one" - not RA modders :P
If you wish video - make it yourself, mr "laziest one"

Quote:
You see, the thing is: all these bugs that I've been describing are fixable, but they just don't care!
Nobody except you see this as problem. Usually patches and new versions are releases for fixing major bugs. DW engine is not "MOD" friendly. Often one fix can make 5 new bugs - i have dozens of videos from testing 1 thing!
So nobody (except you) laments for not fixing 3 magenta pixels. Active DW community knows what have highest priority.

Quote:
One thing I agree with you, RA is no better or worse in Single player than it is on multi-player.
thank you.

Btw you should start to play. Many players still have fun from participating in big MP battles.

Playing is always better than talking about playing.

Today we will play big match (20:00 CEST = 18:00 GMT ) and we still have 3 free slots for players:
- Sierra I
- 2x Kilo improved

Old 06-22-19, 06:36 AM   #17
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
because this bug causes effect described by you. Its not visible in vanilla - but it doesen't means bug not exist.
Oh, I "see"... an invisible bug. That explains why I've never seen it! /s

Quote:
this is for preventing vanilla bug from my video. It makes "virtual" space for reloading.
Except that vanilla bug from your video is still present in R.A. 1.48.
So, the bug that is invisible in vanilla was made visible in R.A. to prevent the vanilla bug from your video, but in the end the vanilla bug from your video is still present in R.A. 1.48

Quote:
Btw you should start to play. Many players still have fun from participating in big MP battles.
Thank you for your invitation but multi-player is not my thing. Not in DW, not in SH or any other game.
DW gives me plenty of fun already in single player, being it scripted missions or the random quick missions.
But once again thank you for the invit.

Last edited by Pirate; 06-22-19 at 06:54 AM.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 07:10 AM   #18
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Except that vanilla bug from your video is still present in R.A. 1.48.
no, it isn't.
If you load full pack of torpedoes and reload again, no one torpedo will disappear.

RA max torpedoes for kilo is 18 - as should be. But in vanilla when you reload with full storage, one topredo will missing - is it so difficult to understand?

Quote:
So the bug that is invisible in vanilla was made visible in R.A. to prevent the vanilla bug from your video, but in the end the vanilla bug from your video is still present in R.A. 1.48
LOL
read again, maybe this time you will understand this simple dependence. Bug from vanilla is DW engine bug - not possible to correct without risky messing with game files. So simple solution was virtualy increasind max torpedoes number but you stil can load only 8. No matter game shows max is 10. This prevents disappearing torpedos when reloading. Is it clear?

Quote:
DW gives me plenty of fun already in single player, being it scripted missions or the random quick missions.
Your choice - for me its boring playing against dumb AI with predictable behaviour. Human opponent always is more challenging and i likes challenges
Old 06-22-19, 07:47 AM   #19
Pirate
Lieutenant

Quote:
no, it isn't.
Yes it is.
Old 06-22-19, 09:12 AM   #20
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

ok i didn't know about it. But its still definatelly not "festival of bugs".
My video was for showing vanilla DW is not perfect as you wrote. If you call this "festival of bugs" you can do the same about vanilla or LwAmi DW.
For players it's changes nothing because number of all torpedoes in RA is correct for real kilo class

If it iritates you so much, why you don't fix it? Its very easy to call someone "lazy". Harder is to do something for community. Everyone knows who did more for community - you or Crazy Ivan.
Old 06-22-19, 09:47 AM   #21
Pirate
Lieutenant

Quote:
My video was for showing vanilla DW is not perfect as you wrote.
Ok, where did I wrote vanilla DW is perfect?!

Quote:
If it iritates you so much, why you don't fix it?
No need. You're the one who brought that bug to this thread, I was talking about the other one!
And it doesn't irritate me, not even a bit, you know why?
Cause I know a trick!
And I'll give it to you for free!

Never empty a tube when storage rack is full, only replace it's loaded weapon for another weapon.

Quote:
Its very easy to call someone "lazy". Harder is to do something for community. Everyone knows who did more for community - you or Crazy Ivan.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings by calling the RA mod the laziest!
I promise I will not do it again.

Peace
Old 06-24-19, 09:44 AM   #22
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Sorry if I hurt your feelings by calling the RA mod the laziest!
I promise I will not do it again.
You didn't. You just showed who you realy are. Your reputation is not my problem.

Btw why you didn't report all this bugs on RedRodgers? All bugs reported are fixed. But as you wrote before "it's frustrating you" but you didn't do nothing.

Quote:
Ok, where did I wrote vanilla DW is perfect?!
You wrote RA is "bug festival" but i proved vanilla have more major bugs than RA.

Do you often gives trivial things as secters? Maybe you should change your friends to more smart?