Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-19, 10:50 PM   #1
Coyote21
Swabbie

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default Frustrated new TWoS player

So I've come back to SH5 after being a very casual player several years ago. My reading suggested that using the Wolves of Steel Mod pack is the only real way to play the game b/c the stock game is so broken.

But I have to say I've been reading tutorials and playing now (the same first mission over and over again) for 3 days and I've yet to hit a single ship. I try to follow the youtube tutorials on using the Auto TDC and I've tried TheBerbster's tutorial (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=146) but they all seem to be too old to be relevant to TWoS ver 2.2.13. Some of the videos contain options and instructions that I don't even have available. (XO TDC having hyperlink options for speed, heading etc)

I don't have any issue maneuvering into position (approx 700-1000m away at 90deg angle). I just can't figure out how to target my torpedos correctly.

For example, in TheBerbster's tutorial, at step 13 when he "Break Lock" his TSL moves to point at the estimated ship position and not the current position, when I do this my TSL does not change. It always points at the targets current position when I "lock" it. If I unlock and relock it will update the TSL to point to the new ship position but as far as I can tell that's absolutely useless. I need it to point to where the ship will be, why does it keep pointing to where the ship currently is? Its almost like it thinks the ship is stationary.

And before you all tell me I should be using manual TDC to get the most out of the game, firstly, I'd like to master the simple version before I even attempt to hit something using the more complicated system and secondly I'm not sure I want to go through all that everytime I want to fire a torpedo.

Like the enigma machine, it was fun and interesting the first few times but got old quickly, now I've just turned it off. I think the TDC will be the same. Eventually I'd like to try manual targeting but I want to get auto targeting working first.

Sorry for the long rant but, like I said, I've got 3 days of frustration to release. If anyone needs video of my gameplay, just let me know and I'll try to post it somewhere.
Coyote21 is offline   Reply With Quote