Closed Thread

Old 07-12-20, 09:21 PM   #9721
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The problem is, as much as Trump is an expert doofus, if Biden wins the election, he picks the next SC justice, he will lay down for the Democrats to further dismantle the US economy and culture of self-reliance, and push us deeper in the hole. I guess one way of looking at a Biden win as a glass half-full, the coming civil war will just get here faster, so we can get it over with. I don't look forward to it but no sense in dragging it out. I'm really tired of all the whining and screeching.
Neal, if the government is handing out 3-6 Trillion worth of $1,100 stimulus checks- who do you think is going to pay for it?

Mexico? I doubt that but Canada should start feeling nervous. Meanwhile, one of our Senators in Iowa is running for re-election on a platform of "tax relief".
Old 07-12-20, 11:19 PM   #9722
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
New election slogan:

Vote for Trump and make Skybird sad!

If Trump loses, who the hell is Skybird going to be able to rail against? He's gonna feel no sense of purpose anymore.
Old 07-13-20, 08:24 AM   #9723
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I love it! The US election now is about - me...!! Thats quite an achievement if you think of it, isn't it?!
Old 07-13-20, 09:05 AM   #9724
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I love it! The US election now is about - me...!! Thats quite an achievement if you think of it, isn't it?!
As Skybird thinks so does the world ... we are amazed at what the world thinks of a democracy that only has two (2) choices Joe Biden or Donald Trump to lead us on to victory.

Which one will produce less evil?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 07-13-20, 09:15 AM   #9725
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Neal, if the government is handing out 3-6 Trillion worth of $1,100 stimulus checks- who do you think is going to pay for it?

Mexico? I doubt that but Canada should start feeling nervous. Meanwhile, one of our Senators in Iowa is running for re-election on a platform of "tax relief".
I dunno, how is Venezuela paying for theirs?
Old 07-13-20, 06:50 PM   #9726
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Call them the Deep State, the Military Industrial Complex, the Establishment or just "The Man" the real choice in November is to either continue to stymie them by keeping Trump in there mixing it up or put them back into power by electing Biden.
August is online  
Old 07-13-20, 10:41 PM   #9727
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I disagree. Trump is a swamp of a different stripe, more of a bog actually, or at least smells like a bog from having his head up his ass for so long.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 07-14-20, 03:55 PM   #9728
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Interesting resignation letter from New York Times editor Bari Weiss who just quit the Grey Lady:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bari-w...etter-ny-times

A couple excerpts:

Quote:
But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned. Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Quote:
The paper of record is, more and more, the record of those living in a distant galaxy, one whose concerns are profoundly removed from the lives of most people. This is a galaxy in which, to choose just a few recent examples, the Soviet space program is lauded for its “diversity”; the doxxing of teenagers in the name of justice is condoned; and the worst caste systems in human history includes the United States alongside Nazi Germany.

Quote:
All this bodes ill, especially for independent-minded young writers and editors paying close attention to what they’ll have to do to advance in their careers. Rule One: Speak your mind at your own peril. Rule Two: Never risk commissioning a story that goes against the narrative. Rule Three: Never believe an editor or publisher who urges you to go against the grain. Eventually, the publisher will cave to the mob, the editor will get fired or reassigned, and you’ll be hung out to dry.
August is online  
Old 07-14-20, 05:58 PM   #9729
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post

Ah, the money is borrowed from China.
Old 07-14-20, 07:07 PM   #9730
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Interesting resignation letter from New York Times editor Bari Weiss who just quit the Grey Lady:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bari-w...etter-ny-times

A couple excerpts:
Yeah, that's how it is with the woke lefties, they even eat their own if they don't stay in line. Kinda belongs more in the Ricky Gervais tho...
Old 07-15-20, 07:39 AM   #9731
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yeah, that's how it is with the woke lefties, they even eat their own if they don't stay in line. Kinda belongs more in the Ricky Gervais tho...
It's the exact same with the right.

As for Bari Weiss... well, turns out she only dislikes viewpoint intolerance when it bites her.

Here's an article from 2018 telling how Weiss did the exact same thing to others she now accuses NYT of doing to her.
NYT’s Bari Weiss Falsely Denies Her Years of Attacks on the Academic Freedom of Arab Scholars Who Criticize Israel
Old 07-15-20, 12:35 PM   #9732
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

If it was just one person, yes, it could be sour grapes, but everyone who reads the NY Times regularly (and I have been for the past 30 years) can see that it has given up any pretence of objectivity. It always had a liberal-Ivy league-Big Apple bias, but it did try to be the paper of record and tried to be objective. However since Trump was elected, it has given up all pretence of objectivity in its goal of making Trump a one-termer.

The only compliment you can give the NY Times is that it is not as bad as CNN.
Old 07-15-20, 09:40 PM   #9733
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post

As for Bari Weiss... well, turns out she only dislikes viewpoint intolerance when it bites her.

Here's an article from 2018 telling how Weiss did the exact same thing to others she now accuses NYT of doing to her.
NYT’s Bari Weiss Falsely Denies Her Years of Attacks on the Academic Freedom of Arab Scholars Who Criticize Israel
That's the whole point, liberal hypocrisy.
Old 07-16-20, 01:00 AM   #9734
Strykr
Mate

Downloads: 1076

As an AMERICAN Union construction worker, and traditionally democrat, the support for President Trump is overwhelming.
He represents the working people, as well as what our country was founded upon.......
the Constitution.
I say NO to the new world order.
Old 07-16-20, 09:15 PM   #9735
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykr View Post
As an AMERICAN Union construction worker, and traditionally democrat, the support for President Trump is overwhelming.
He represents the working people, as well as what our country was founded upon.......
the Constitution.
I say NO to the new world order.

Down with globalism and the would be tyrants that promote it.
August is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter