SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-20, 01:26 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Patrol Orders:How to create etc TMO

Anyone know of a step by step guide or willing to explain how to create patrol orders for the TMO campaign? I want change up area assignments etc Want o add orders to patrol different areas etc
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 04:24 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Anyone know of a step by step guide or willing to explain how to create patrol orders for the TMO campaign? I want change up area assignments etc Want o add orders to patrol different areas etc
i am not aware of any step-by-step guide.

make a copy of the dotMIS file before you begin changing it then start experimenting.
you will learn that doing some things is easier via the Mission Editor and doing other things is easier using Notepad.

if you have some specific questions, i can help, however from reading your post (above) your intentions seem very broad. you can PM me if you want.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 04:39 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i am not aware of any step-by-step guide.

make a copy of the dotMIS file before you begin changing it then start experimenting.
you will learn that doing some things is easier via the Mission Editor and doing other things is easier using Notepad.

if you have some specific questions, i can help, however from reading your post (above) your intentions seem very broad. you can PM me if you want.

I was hoping someone could give me steps so don't have to spend time experimenting lol. Basically I have added traffic to previously dry areas such as Gulf of Siam, Kuriles, Gulf of Tonkin, Inner Philippine Islands, Tarakan, Tawi Tawi and want to make it so player receives orders to these areas at times. Would like to change some of the existing assignments though. Some are out of whack such as being in Fremantle and recieving orders to home islands lol. Running TMO
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 10:12 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Some are out of whack such as being in Fremantle and recieving orders to home islands lol. Running TMO
let's do the second one first.
and we will focus on Fremantle, first, because you are interested in it.
the career mission profile starts in the Flotillas.UPC file.
Fremantle is Flotilla 2 and there are nine boat types assigned to it.
each boat type has its own set of mission profiles, called ObjectiveCode.
let's look at the S-boat, boat type #1.
it has five mission profiles: Philippines, Java Sea, Sulu Sea, Celebes Sea, and Luzon Strait.
each mission profile has an effective date range within which it is eligible to be assigned. if there is more than one mission profile with an eligible date for your boat at the time of mission assignment, SH4 rolls the dice and selects one.
once the ObjectiveCode is selected, SH4 uses the PatrolObjectives.cfg file to look up individual missions that have the ObjectiveCode that matches the one selected. the matching field for ObjectiveCode in PatrolObjectives is the AllMatch field. {do not ask me why this two fields are not the same}
if we stick with our example of an ObjectiveCode=Philippines, there are twenty-two or twenty-three missions with an AllMatch=Philippines. another date check is performed with the StartDate and EndDate fields in PatrolObjectives. just like before, if there is more than one mission profile with an eligible date for your boat at the time of mission assignment, SH4 rolls the dice and selects one.
once an actual mission is selected, SH4 goes to the FileName= location and reads the dotMIS and dotTSR files for the actual mission. these last two files will have the objective and triggers and zones and orders-text that SH4-kaleuns see in the mission description.
you would want to use the Mission Editor to look at the mission files. the ME is really clunky and really bizarre in the way that it works. there are a few explanatory documents available in Subsim but none really explains how to do things step-by-step from this point.

i am going to stop here because it is getting late and i am making all kinds of typos.
digest what is here and do a bit of exploring.
we can pick it up tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote