Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-10, 06:30 AM   #1
Poden
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default Hi all

Hi all.
Another new member signing in, this time from Norway.

After I started gameing and found the Silent Hunter 4, and now Silent Hunter 5, I heard about many good mods around for the games. I started to check around and it didt take long before Subsim Radioroom come to my atention. I must say Subsim is one of the better sites I seen so far when it comes to collections of articles and mods I find interesting.
As a military and local historian I grow up in a city that was used by the germans as u-boot base and supplypost, for the atlantic and spes for the artic-convoy attacks. The subpens still stand at the harbour, with its poverfull walls and roof totaly intact, only now its time to shield the subs that was stationed here are long over and it now serves as storage area and house a few offices for some local firms. The subpen its self and its nearby sister bunkers are treated as historical site of national interest and are to be saved for the future.
After been able to walk around the place for several years, it cought my interest at this part of our history. My home town was made into a major strong post by the germans during the war, with the docks at its center connected with a powerfull shore battery around it for protection from the fjord side and 2 airfields nearby. This was all targets for several photorecons launched from the brits and was in the end an attempt to create a possible invation plan of the area and Norway, but it was in the end turned down to better support operation Overlord (and D-day, Normandy). But in the end the plans for Norway was to be scraped and more or less acted as a decoy and rumors pluss its possiblilty baffled the germans to the point that they kept a 300 000 men strong force and lots of equiptment here througout the war. Men and equiptment that would make its impression if they was to reach the main forces in either western or eastern front. History and equipment has allways interested me and it followed me into computer games.
Thats why Im interested in games like SH4-5. Games that all the greate modders out there do a exelent job in putting a little extra spice to the original game. And so the sites, like Subsim, that host them for easy access to us gamers that whant a little extra. Thank you all. For letting us have this possibility, and 'keep up the good wok'!

I will allso thank the admin for helping me out sort out my registration problems I had when 1st trying to register. Thank you for a greate site and all the work you do to keep it that way.

Poden
Poden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 07:32 AM   #2
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Welcome aboard!
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 10:43 AM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome aboard

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 10:51 AM   #4
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Welcome!

HunterICX