SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-01-14, 04:14 PM   #31
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post

There are lots of very nice pictures here too; they seem to have left the rafts grey or painted them in the relatively flat green/blue/white colors of their camo scheme. The artist was not 100% sure of colors, but based on other sources his colors for HMS "Bluebell" are correct, so I think these drawings are trustworthy:

By the way, I really hope you do the older version of the Flower Class with the large enclosed bridge, like the first ship below (pennant K220) - I have never seen them in any WWII naval game since "Aces of the Deep". Maybe they could be scripted to go out of service gradually, as the type was modified? Anyways, great work.
Thanks.
Some great shots in the video!

No problem to add the original flower corvette later. I just need time to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
very nice work
if you haven't tell that this is a unity water , i would never believe it !

very nice work on lighting too ! bravo V-I-C
Thanks. Unity has no "look", it depends entirely on your shaders and code (all my shaders depend on additional code and they all work together), a shader would usually look absolutely identical with any engine (and even with you custom "engine") because the GPU runs it, not the engine. …at least as long as the engine has no limitations. The engine just handles the basics.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic™ - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forum • facebook
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 10:40 PM   #32
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

…still haven't finished painting the command room, but I forgot to show more pictures of it:

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic™ - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forum • facebook
Old 11-09-14, 07:48 PM   #33
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Shots of the Flower Corvette taken from higher altitudes. (currently working on altitudes up to 12,000m for the automatic camera modes when showing aircrafts)

Old 11-10-14, 05:06 PM   #34
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

The new shots are much appreciated! I like the "valve tree" to the left in the command room shots - goes to show how complex these submarines were, and how much training was needed to operate them. The whole room looks impressive enough without textures (though I'm looking forward to them).
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 05:22 PM   #35
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

building the command room was the opposite of fun. Especially after I've found out that some of the details does not fit to U 96 during that time like the FuMo 30 or some stuff for the snorkel. But I won't change that before the release or I will lose even more time.

Old 11-11-14, 01:29 PM   #36
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-i-c- View Post
Shots of the Flower Corvette taken from higher altitudes. (currently working on altitudes up to 12,000m for the automatic camera modes when showing aircrafts)

awesome pics V-I-C ! really good work on enviro !

try to eliminate this sharp line that appears on horizon (between sky and fog color ). it is immersion 'killer'

as for the interior: comments are not needed , you know that you did really well there !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 09:01 PM   #37
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
try to eliminate this sharp line that appears on horizon (between sky and fog color ). it is immersion 'killer'
Thanks, you've just pointed me to an error.
The horizon made me nuts during the last week because it was already good before and I always thought I would need to fix that at a very different point in my scripts (where I adjust the distance fog by cloud coverage) but it was actually a problem in the ocean shader.

Guess I will get that under control now. (but on older devices it won't look as good as on newer ones anyway due to performance reasons)

Old 12-21-14, 03:56 PM   #38
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Old 12-22-14, 09:39 PM   #39
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

I like the new images (as usual!!), especially the interior. The missing flecks of red paint on some parts (like the engine telegraph) give a nice, used look - too often in games the player's submarine/plane/whatever looks way too "factory fresh".
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 08:39 PM   #40
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Thanks.

I've added screenshots to the homepage and will try to add more over time. Possibly a few of them were not posted here before. (well, that was all what I've found on my HD while updating the WOTA website)

http://www.wolves-of-the-atlantic.co...vesofthea.html

Old 06-08-18, 10:56 AM   #41
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Animated GIFs