SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-10, 02:56 PM   #46
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Insert snide remark here.

People don't give this game enough credit.
"It looks pretty, but I don't like the Pacific!"
Old 07-20-10, 02:58 PM   #47
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

I switched to SH4 1.5 plus OM and OMEGU for my ATO fix. OM has it all and graphically SH4 scales very well to the Wide Screen LCD I use.

Lurker provides exceptional support and innovation. That other sim is but a foggy memory now.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Old 07-20-10, 03:10 PM   #48
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke View Post
IThat other sim is but a foggy memory now.
I wish I could say the same, but there are still things over there that SH4 doesn't have...yet. But people are working on it, so someday...
Old 07-20-10, 03:24 PM   #49
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
first, please reread my post. I did not say anything about the OM CAMPAIGN. second, please read the forum rules about correct speech. thank you. you might have a different opinion, no problem, but that does not give you the authority to become impolite.
As I can see you don't know what you are talking about! OM is first and foremost a German CAMPAIGN for SH4 with OMEGU being not mandatory, say "auxiliary stuff" and that should be a crucial point of every comparison between OM and GWX3, as I understand. So familiar yourself with OM a bit more (read lurker's info in OM thread) instead of telling me I am impolite. Then you will understand several flaws found in OM but not present in GWX3 which may ruin your feeling are heritage of stock SH4 not being fixable at the moment (CO2 increasings during snorkeling, unrealistic Type XXI performance etc.).

Last edited by Gorshkov; 07-20-10 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-20-10, 03:34 PM   #50
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

I of course know that OM is about the german side. Not interested in pacific theatre. But I only tested the single missions instead of the campaign. That's enough for checking if I like the sim or not. It's not the campaign I am talking about. It's the athmosphere - the sim-feeling. And this, my friend, is purely subjective. If I say, I don't like SH4, this means: I don't like SH4 (subjective!). This does not mean, that SH4 is a bad game (objective). Do you know the difference between subjective and objective view? And now please excuse me, this discussion makes me tired and has ended for me. Best wishes.
Old 07-20-10, 03:40 PM   #51
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Great! Subjective feelings after playing single missions only in the OM campaign...Did you play single missions only in GWX3, too?
Old 07-20-10, 05:08 PM   #52
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

I think this thread has reached the point where personal invective has replaced substantive comparisons of OM and GWX.

In the future, please remember that not everyone's English is as good as yours and try to give them the benefit of the doubt before taking insult at something someone has said.

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Closed Thread