SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-14-19, 06:30 PM   #1
bigbill032
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default complete game with relevant patches pre installed?

Would like to purchase again a non broken game with basic patches already installed. Can this be done?
bigbill032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 06:55 AM   #2
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199

BigBill, the Amazon version is already patched to the last working patch released by UbiSoft. 1.2.0 If memory serves me well. You must have the game patched to this build in order to apply TWoS, and many other of the great mods available here on SubSim. Although I have the disc I usually just download from Amazon for this reason, its way easier.

Hope this helps, -Wayne
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 09:51 AM   #3
bigbill032
Swabbie

Thank you for that information. I had the game on my computer at one time I don't know what version it was patch to by Ubisoft but I can only get so far in the campaign game and no further so I deleted the game. I would like to get a disc with the game and mods already installed if possible. I tried to download and install some mods with my original game and really didn't have any luck doing it. Not to computer savvy. Thank you for the reply and if you know where I can get a disc with the game and mods already installed let me know thank you
Old 09-19-19, 01:11 AM   #4
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199

BigBill, the nature of the game as far as I can tell (being moderately computer savvy) requires at least some manual installation. However, speaking for TWoS (The Wolves of Steel mod) it is worth every second, and minor headache. If you can, download the already patched Amazon version of SH5, then go here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=210703, scroll down and Vecko has a full set of downloadable instructions in step by step format on how-to. Not only that, but this website is filled with great, helpful folks who will be happy to help you get up and running with a little patience. This forum is truly a family...... best wishes, -Wayne
Jurgen Winkel, -U-88 La Spezia
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 11:17 AM   #5
bigbill032
Swabbie

Default Thanks

I will download the game again and try to patch. My understanding was that the game was broken and Ubisoft no longer was supporting it. I enjoyed the game as it was without patches but the game would only progress so far and go no further. Thanks for the help..