SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-09, 11:42 PM   #136
Commander Gizmo
Watch Officer

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 4

I attempted to search this thread after skimming it, but the search feature is not work at this time. I apologize if this is covered elsewhere.

I am having some issue with my brand new carrier. The deck guns farthest from the control tower in each direction are appear to be turning the opposite direction from what they should. These are the two guns that are actually on the deck rather than raised up a bit on a platform.

When my guns aim, the two guns mentioned rotate the wrong direction and end up firing at nothing just wasting ammo. If you have any ideas what might have caused this odd behavior, I'd be grateful for the suggestions.
Commander Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 03:25 PM   #137
Rothwell white
Gunner

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipud U-107 View Post
Unfortunately, such a thing could happen when we activate the mod GWX 3.0 and, for example, "alternative fleets" and can occur such that the sink something in the database because she does not fit into a bunker but is it enough simply SH3 Commader set "Start at sea" I did so and everything was oki.

I greet all of subsim
This is superd what an effect when those 11" guns hit there target but......I am still having problems when saving at sea the game will not reload any ideas what the problem could be i am just using GWX 3.0
Rothwell white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 10:10 PM   #138
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Downloads: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothwell white View Post
This is superd what an effect when those 11" guns hit there target but......I am still having problems when saving at sea the game will not reload any ideas what the problem could be i am just using GWX 3.0
This is true because it is the mod for 100% unofficial and are not compatible with each other, and I for me the mod is great because I've seen worse, and mod is the official added: In the U boot Mediterranean Sea "and looked like the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau from Ubi guys should go the tutoring of 3D Chinese U-47, but fortunately the guys took to work and SH4 looks very good, it added.
It was yet another addition to the official Silent Hunter 3 "Submarines on Hunt" had the two and the last I do not recommend ^

P.S.

I play in Silent Hunter 3, I must wait 15 minutes to see the words "not so long as ..." and the option to save me sad too, was more concerned about that at the time of the shooting did not do "BDS" (dead blue screen) overburden kompa what sometimes happens.

but because the game is worth a cool mod simply divine Awsome!!!
Old 11-16-09, 05:31 AM   #139
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

Quote:
I'm having exactly the same problem but this has been an issue since stock - saving then reloading while at sea has always been a bit twitchy.

Make sure there are no ships within at least 20km (30 to 50 is better) and you reduce the chances of a CTD, but there is no way to prevent it happening.

I just make sure I have enough playing time to complete the mission or force myself to return to base when I would otherwise save. It can be annoying to return when in the middle of a successful cruise but there are many RL issues that could force a ship to return, from minor malfunctions to orders from home.

C'est la vie, c'est la guerre...

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 12:55 PM   #140
Rothwell white
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
I'm having exactly the same problem but this has been an issue since stock - saving then reloading while at sea has always been a bit twitchy.

Make sure there are no ships within at least 20km (30 to 50 is better) and you reduce the chances of a CTD, but there is no way to prevent it happening.

I just make sure I have enough playing time to complete the mission or force myself to return to base when I would otherwise save. It can be annoying to return when in the middle of a successful cruise but there are many RL issues that could force a ship to return, from minor malfunctions to orders from home.

C'est la vie, c'est la guerre...
Yes saved game well away from any ship the game reloaded fine . Thanks for the advice
Old 11-16-09, 12:59 PM   #141
Commander Gizmo
Watch Officer

I just don't turn the game off except between patrols. I never use the save feature. It runs just fine in the background using hardly any CPU while paused. The memory isn't an issue for my system, though I guess it could be for some.
Old 11-17-09, 06:26 PM   #142
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Small piece of advice - don't try to launch a torpedo at a target directly ahead of you when you're going at flank speed. After the 500m arming distance it was underneath me and... BANG.

Now down to 32% hull integrity and limping back to Wilhelmshaven for a bollocking from the Flotilla Commander.

SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
Old 11-17-09, 06:54 PM   #143
Commander Gizmo
Watch Officer

I think that might be why destroyers fired off the side...
Old 11-20-09, 04:09 PM   #144
Rothwell white
Gunner

I only wish there was more ammo 120 shells aint enough superb fantanstic though
Old 11-20-09, 09:03 PM   #145
Patkins1983
Watch

Downloads: 3

I think by tinkering with the ammo storage you can increase primary and secondary ammo amount, just cant remember what i did to get it to work.
Patkins1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-09, 03:58 AM   #146
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Quote:
I only wish there was more ammo 120 shells aint enough superb fantanstic though
You need to adjust the basic.cfg file. Do a search for ammo_ and it will bring the right area up so you can adjust all ammunition types. Historically, every ship carried between 120 and 150 rounds per gun so U-47s values are about right.

Having dug into this I'm fairly sure that the value given in the basic.cfg file is per gun, so if you have five guns and set the value to 750 (the number the ship would carry as a whole) you'd end up with 2250 rounds. This is specific to the WSM as you can only man one of the guns and the rest of them use 'virtual' ammunition.

SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
Old 11-21-09, 04:10 AM   #147
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Default Request to release WSM mod

u-47,

I've tried PM but have not had a response.

I have created a mod for myself that makes a few minor adjustments to your WSM and would like your permission to release it. The adjustments are:
Adjust range of the ships to fit in with SH3's flat' world model.
Changed ammunition to historic levels.
Added AP and SS rounds to GWX version.

There are a couple of other minor tweaks, I can give full details by PM before you make a decision on whether I can release or not.

WB

SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
Old 11-21-09, 08:28 AM   #148
pavel.45
Nub

Downloads: 92

Hi,my name is pavel,i live in czech republich,subsim is very nice and where is download h-39 ship please,I dont find it anywhere,thank you
sorry of my english
pavel.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-09, 11:49 AM   #149
MaxStierlitz
Swabbie

Downloads: 654
Default greeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel.45 View Post
Hi,my name is pavel,i live in czech republich,subsim is very nice and where is download h-39 ship please,I dont find it anywhere,thank you
sorry of my english

ahoj kolego
MaxStierlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-09, 12:22 PM   #150
pavel.45
Nub

Downloads: 92

Zdravím tě námořníku..taky čekáš na nejžhavější novinky?
pavel.45 is offline   Reply With Quote