Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-16, 04:42 AM   #1
Luftan
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Requesting help: Map Contact

Hello.

Im a new member here, and recent purchased the SH5 and modded with Steel of Wolfs. I believe I have everything set up correctly, with the latest patch installed w/smoke addon.

My question is, while I enjoy decent realism and manual torpedo targeting... I would really love to have contact shown on my map. Ive ticket the "show contact on map" option both in the main option menu, as well as the mini menu with-in the map. Still, no luck.

Is there any way to fix this?
Luftan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-16, 05:21 AM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Luftan
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE <<
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (Do not post your problems here if you have added additional mods to TWOS make a new thread)
Do not enable the Real Navigation mod in JSGME
Check the settings in TDW's Option File Editor Viewer > Nav Map & TAI Map settings > Visual Contacts need to be enabled.
Any changes need to be done with the mods disabled.
See my tutorials if you do not know hoe to do this.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-16, 05:49 AM   #3
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftan View Post
Hello.

Im a new member here, and recent purchased the SH5 and modded with Steel of Wolfs. I believe I have everything set up correctly, with the latest patch installed w/smoke addon.

My question is, while I enjoy decent realism and manual torpedo targeting... I would really love to have contact shown on my map. Ive ticket the "show contact on map" option both in the main option menu, as well as the mini menu with-in the map. Still, no luck.

Is there any way to fix this?
If you disable "no map contacts" option in game options contacts should be visible in your tactical map (not nav map) by default and without any additional OFEV settings . Also, real nav addon should be disabled if you want to see your contacts on TAI map, as Peter has already said...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-16, 09:43 AM   #4
Luftan
Nub

Downloads: 4

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I was busy playing

Turns out I had to tweak the game setting while in the dock, not just the fileditor or the main option menu. However I have one last really annoying problem.

I was able to mark a hit on the BB of a task force. It took a while for her to sunk, and count on my captain`s log. But she sunk.
I wanted to see the boat sunk, so I decided to go back to the save file 5 or so minutes before the BB sunk... (yeah, bad idea). Now, the battleship is completely unharmed

I would atleast want to be able to add the sunken ship number and tonnage to my patrol log. Is this possible in TWOS, or by editing some file?
Luftan is offline   Reply With Quote