Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-31-06, 05:52 AM   #61
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TteFAboB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konovalov
(...)a bit of a bummer
On SIMHQ the guy did say "we know how to make games look great" and not "we know how to make games you'll love so much and are so much fun you'll still be playing them 5 years from now!"
My understanding was this may be the first of a series with other tanks, theatres and periods to be released in sequels if the first meets with success.
joea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 09:16 AM   #62
TteFAboB
Admiral

Downloads: 4

Sort of like IL2. That would be great.
Old 01-04-07, 06:03 AM   #63
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TteFAboB
Sort of like IL2. That would be great.
I can only hope.
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-07, 04:27 PM   #64
Rick Martin
Watch

Downloads: 0
Default New WW2 tanksim

[quote=rrohde]** Crosspostd at SimHQ.com, but I figure, that this sim in-progress needs as much attention as it can get **

Hello everyone! Glad to see that there's tanksim forum here now, as Neals site has a huge following, and exposure to this new sim is important to the devs and producer. That's why I am posting this here, too:

It's my great pleasure to show you the first, authentic 3D Model shots of a new, not yet announced WW2 Tank Sim due out in Late 2006.
We all have been waiting for THAT ONE hard-core WW2 Tank Sim since "Panzer Elite", and this one is going to be "it".

I am in contact with the main-guy of the development team and would be happy to forward your thoughts, wishes and ideas to him.

Here are the first 3D-Model-Shots of that sim; please don't judge the textures, as they're a just placeholder...

And please don't forget that this is still a "work in progress".

Legal Notice: These images are posted with the permission of the developer and can be freely distributed!

Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G with L48 gun, 1944, Eastern Front

See more of it here:
http://halfevil.de/ww2scalemodeler/g...im/2005-11-09/

The Developers are asking for constructive criticism as well as feedback from the community!

So let's hear it![/quote

WOW, looks great so far. Was hoping for US stuff like Shermans, Pershings, tank destroyers and dare I say it M3 Lees and Stuarts? Yeah, I like US stuff. After all we did win (didn't we?) Anyway the shots you posted look fantastic. The option to add a little "grafitti" to the tank hulls would be nice. The Russian armor was noted for its propaganda/patriotic slogans (my favorite--"onward to Berlin, lair of the Fascist Beasts") Rick Martin
Old 01-22-07, 05:34 AM   #65
rrohde
Seaman

Downloads: 32

Here are a few more images, taken from the latest alpha version as of Jan. 2007

More images in the dedicated WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger forum on SimHQ.com: http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthread...104&PHPSESSID=
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 05:35 AM   #66
rrohde
Seaman

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin
WOW, looks great so far. Was hoping for US stuff like Shermans, Pershings, tank destroyers and dare I say it M3 Lees and Stuarts? Yeah, I like US stuff. After all we did win (didn't we?) Anyway the shots you posted look fantastic. The option to add a little "grafitti" to the tank hulls would be nice. The Russian armor was noted for its propaganda/patriotic slogans (my favorite--"onward to Berlin, lair of the Fascist Beasts") Rick Martin
IDDK and G5 plan for add-ons to the series. The western front is definately planned for the "WWII Battle Tanks: ...." series!
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 12:38 PM   #67
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Seeing all the great interior views makes me hope that using Tracker IR with vectoring software might be incorporated in it... as in FS9.

And the graphics are looing very good.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-07, 11:14 PM   #68
U-5000
Gunner

Downloads: 100

This tank simulation really looks nice, but it would even be better if the German Panther G was modeled in this as it was also in production at this time and took part in numerous battles at Kursk. I don't know if are just trying to model two of the main tanks that was used but the Panther G and the Panzer IV H were heavily used at this time. Will any of these units be in the game or not. I know the King Tiger may not of been in this but the other two Tanks should be in this also.
Just wondering what others think?
I think your modeling of the tanks you have made is outstanding and the modeling of the country side also. Looking for a realistic simulation and realistic gunnery and physic models of the tanks in the game. U-5000

U-5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 12:54 AM   #69
TteFAboB
Admiral

Downloads: 4

Would the devs consider selling this technology to WWIIOL or accept to be hired to re-model all tank interiors with this level of quality?

Well, maybe it's best to wait before making that suggestion. Who knows if this will cripple my PC...
Old 04-11-08, 09:45 AM   #70
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Anyone know if this WW2 tank sim is ever going to see the light of day?
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Old 04-11-08, 10:02 AM   #71
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Not to worry. Found some news about it over at good old Wargamer site. It's still on but delayed as per the following: http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=5375

Thanks goodness for that.
Old 04-13-08, 01:25 PM   #72
dean_acheson
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 42

are they planning on a beta for this?

i can't find a demo
dean_acheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 08:56 AM   #73
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48

I absolutely love this shot, the chipped Zimmerit is just

Hoping for more news soon
SH5 is to history what Star Trek is to science...it is exciting and inspiring, but eventually you have to come home from the convention, take off the pointy ears, and come to the realization that it was all just pretend and make-believe.
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 01:08 AM   #74
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

I can't wait for this! The T-34's paint texture looks great.
Old 09-22-08, 08:20 PM   #75
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

This looks good. great graohics. Hows game play for those of you with the demo.