SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-28-20, 11:28 AM   #46
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1

About all this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
... Start new Western Approaches campaign using silentotto cheat and exit to main menu. Then enter the museum and go trough the entire British and German roster but skip new C3 ship. After you're done with units rendering jump to previously skipped c3 . If game CTD then something is wrong with c3 controllers ...
I saw dark spots on the deck of NKC3 in recent kapuhy screenshots and looked at the files in TwoS.
@vdr1981 used an early release of NKC3, although I later released fixes: removing dark spots; a more correct FX model (!), adding platforms, and some more edits. This is not included in TwoS . But this is all uncritical. What is important is the composition of the files that I saw there.
Just compare:

Hi vdr1981,
If you are here. Old C3 files are still part of TwoS, they are at least -superfluous (marked with a red cross), at most -they may even be malicious.
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 02:03 PM   #47
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Hi Rosomaha,

Unfortunately, I couldn't add new version of you C3 ship even though I like it even more than the first version. From some reason, with new files, CTDs in my museum rendering tests are present even with all files re-saved in goblin. This means that the problem is somewhere in other TWoS (probably imported) units. These conflicts are very hard to isolate so for now I have to stay with old files.

Regarding old C3 files...These are completely irrelevant and ignored by the game since now new file path is stated in C3.cfg file, which is "3DModelFileName=data/Sea/NKC3/NKC3_ClassShips".
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 02:36 PM   #48
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
Hi kapuhy.
(...lots of great advice...)
For now I think that's all on this issue from my part.
Thanks so much! That helps a lot, and the texture specs allowed me to shrink my textures in size considerably
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote