SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-14-20, 02:10 AM   #1
Kelevra1987
Swabbie

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Nuke atomic torpedo?

hi all guys!

I'm new in the forum and a novice to the underwater world, but with the mods, GWX above all, silent hunter 3 is a true love of the game, both at the maximum simulation and "arcade" mode, but now I come to the core of the post .. I have seen this video. I put the link:

nobody in the forum knows anything about it? I have been raping the internet for 2 weeks to find it!!!! HELP

Kelevra1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 02:50 AM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

I don't know if this is the same mod, but it is a somewhat nuclear torpedo:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=1210

(was just a mater of searching the download section for "nuclear"

Probably because it is so OP it didn't appeal to the masses and got lost in history.

(the link in the video description doesn't seem to work that well. And when it did, my virusscanner frowned upon it.
Old 06-14-20, 12:14 PM   #3
Kelevra1987
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post

Probably because it is so OP it didn't appeal to the masses and got lost in history.

(the link in the video description doesn't seem to work that well. And when it did, my virusscanner frowned upon it.
thanks a lot, later I'll try it and see if it's the same .. And if it makes the same devastation (I think the only way to understand if this is the mod) At the moment I'm not at home

Old 06-14-20, 12:41 PM   #4
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Needs the particals effect changed to get a mushroom cloud.

Did that for SH4 once long ago to simulated the Atomic bomb drops.
That old system was dropped to it's knees!
Old 06-14-20, 03:12 PM   #5
Kelevra1987
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post

tried the mod Pisces.. not bad really.. but it reminds me too of asn/g7 of darkwolf (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=3727)

the difference is that the ships don't rocket start for I don't know where.. unfortunately, there is no devastation diameter of the shock wave, typical of a nuclear warhead
Old 06-14-20, 06:01 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

A simple and primitive way which increases the blast radius of the torpedo(s) which explains why all ships explode. But why did the vid author need to launch more torpedos instead of just one...Hum...I guess there are limits to the blast radius. And no, no nuclear torpedo simulated, no mushroom, no tsunami because of the underwater explosion

XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 07:56 AM   #7
Kelevra1987
Swabbie

let me make a request guys, could you redo this mod today? I ask, he has all of you modders, guys, hell you are very good! I am not quite capable of doing this!

but come to think of it, in the end we take the destructive power of the ASN / G7 torpedo mod, but with a destruction radius extended to 2.5 / 3km (the destruction radius I thought more or less of that of the nagasaki bomb or the tests atomic in the bikini islands)

what do you think guys? tell me everything without problems
Old 06-15-20, 12:15 PM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Kelevra1987!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 07:36 AM   #9
Kelevra1987
Swabbie

good afternoon sir of the seas.
What tool do you use to edit or modulate torpedoes? so, if I can edit the torpedoes and make them really atomic like in the video of the first post or as I suggested, I could upload it here so you can have fun too! Imagine these torpedoes that destroys enemy ports eh eh eh
Old 06-17-20, 04:23 PM   #10
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra1987 View Post
8<--
but now I come to the core of the post .. I have seen this video. I put the link:

nobody in the forum knows anything about it? I have been raping the internet for 2 weeks to find it!!!! HELP
I'm not nobody. I have seen and used this nuke-torpedo by myself with my SH3-install, but not with this buggy jumping smoke in the video. One Torpedo was enough to eleminate any vessel within ~3km.

As this was around May 2007, i have not modified the files by myself. Time was pre "Silent 3ditor". My first S3D_alpha02.rar was dated Feb 2008. There was "SH3MiniTweaker" or evan HEX-editing at that time.
I have downloaded this "Torpedo_nuke.zip" from a japanese site, which not exist today. And there still only exist an Archive probably made before this nuke came out:
https://web.archive.org/web/20060504...game/index.htm
As everyone can see this Archive is from May 2006.

I also have a Google-translation of May 2007:
Quote:
  1. To backup necessity and /data/Library/
  2. At TweekSUB, in embarkation warship to T-III or T-IV-Falke conversion.
  3. SPY-SAT (convoy complete visiblity) introduction is desirable.
  4. Above radius 3000m it leaves from the central warship
  5. Because thunder speed is the modification being completed in 55knot, 2 minutes it waits a little.
  6. After discharge, when the staff is arranged in repair, it is good.
  7. If there is our warship within radius 3000m, being bombed and balance cannot be maintained and the damage is worn.
  8. The warships which are bombed give the damage to the turret/depth charge device.
If this nuke is seen (inGame) once, thats it. No Fun!
Only interesting thing about this (in general) is how it is done.

Greetings.

Damn! Talking about new things on an old game is - not that easy.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 07:28 AM   #11
Kelevra1987
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe Vollmaus View Post
I'm not nobody. I have seen and used this nuke-torpedo by myself with my SH3-install, but not with this buggy jumping smoke in the video. One Torpedo was enough to eleminate any vessel within ~3km.

As this was around May 2007, i have not modified the files by myself. Time was pre "Silent 3ditor". My first S3D_alpha02.rar was dated Feb 2008. There was "SH3MiniTweaker" or evan HEX-editing at that time.
I have downloaded this "Torpedo_nuke.zip" from a japanese site, which not exist today. And there still only exist an Archive probably made before this nuke came out:
https://web.archive.org/web/20060504...game/index.htm
As everyone can see this Archive is from May 2006.

I also have a Google-translation of May 2007:If this nuke is seen (inGame) once, thats it. No Fun!
Only interesting thing about this (in general) is how it is done.

Greetings.

WHOOOOO THANKS!!! right now I was looking for some tools to modify torpedoes! THANKS THANKS THANKS OH SOMMO POSEIDONE YOU ARE MY GOD

heck! so if I am in the radius of the shock wave I risk being destroyed?! BEAUTIFUL! so it was done well

INTERESTING .. VERY INTERESTING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe Vollmaus View Post

it took a rookie like me..
you are my teacher, you are senpai! tell me more, how to use and install the torpedoes and the SPY-SAT (of course I have JSGME)

THANK YOU SO MUCH ONCE AGAIN!

Old 06-19-20, 09:42 AM   #12
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra1987 View Post
8<--
heck! so if I am in the radius of the shock wave I risk being destroyed?!
tell me more, how to use and install the torpedoes and the SPY-SAT (of course I have JSGME)
in radius - Yes.

another post
Quote:
What tool do you use to edit or modulate torpedoes? so, if I can edit the torpedoes and make them really atomic like in the video of the first post or as I suggested, I could upload it here so you can have fun too! Imagine these torpedoes that destroys enemy ports eh eh eh
Ports or Harbors - No!
These include Land-units like Houses and Cranes like this cannot be destroyed by a Torpedo in SH3.

There are more than one "SpySat" out there.
The two that i'm aware of can be found on s7rikeback's Archive.
Look at his signature.

"Spy-Sat.zip" by Paul Roszkowski
only for original unmoded SH3 (v1.4b)

Campaign_RND.mis most changed:
DelayMinInterval
SpawnProbability
ReportPosMin
ReportPosProbability
and others (increased ShipCount)

This may be the one i used in the old days, but my version was from the japanese site also.

--
"GWX3.0_SpySat.7z" by jimbuna
only for GWX v30

Campaign_RND.mis most increased:
SpawnProbability
ReportPosProbability

===> Crash - Ships not exist:
NPL_Hap
KMSSHansa
NPL_KDF

===> Roster Venezuela:
Type=0 not exist (must be added)!

--
"DanFrasersSpySatModder1.2.rar" by himself
for make a SpySat yourself.

--
As far as i can tell, all of this SpySat Cheats has nothing to do with a Nuke-Torpedo, but these goes the same pleased way for "Arcade-Kids".
The reason may be to see more ships on the Navigation-map this way.

Also there are changes in Contacts.cfg.
Differences in there can be easily found out with "WinMerge" by comparing the "new" and the original file. Edits can be done with Notepad as this file is an ordinary Text-file.

--
Do not open if you do not modify yourself!

Changed values in Torpedo.sim/zon:
Speed=50/55
Range=10000
MinEF=10/120/180/200
MaxEF=300/20000
AP=200/20000
MinRadius=9
MaxRadius=3000

/ means or

Changes in *.sim/zon files can be done, as i told before, with "SH3 Mini Tweaker" by timetraveller (with a correct Tweak-file only), or with S3D "Silent 3ditor" by skwas. With S3D anyone can do this. Yes - everyone that is capable to post on Subsim.

And a last one.
Never ever change files directly in the SH3-installation. Always use JSGME for changes.
This has to be told and painted on every corner.

HTH.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-20, 05:46 PM   #13
Kelevra1987
Swabbie

Nuke FIRST RESULTS

Hello everyone!!!
Sorry if I didn't show up, but I was very busy with various things. and I have to say one thing..
Hebe Vollmaus THESE TORPS ARE FANTASTIC !! these torpedoes are truly legendary.. EPIC

I really recommend them!

but I want to add more, thanks to the Hebe advice I took the edit Silent 3ditor and I tinkered with it quite a bit (but I started from the standard torpedoes of the game), but I took the values ​​of some monstrous torpedoes that is located here in the forum.
does anyone remember them?

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=3727

here's what i did.. i took their MAXIMUM values ​​and put them all TOGHETER!!!!!!!

I can't describe exactly what the hell I did LOL
do you understand why..
1- I have bad English
2- I don't even know what I did

BUT IT WORKS! REALLY WORKS! AND I AM DAMNY CLOSE TO THE EFFECTS OF THE FIRST POST VIDEO!

but I did better.. eh eh
the same destruction with a single torpedo ah ah ah!!

for now I have only worked with torpedoes that only go straight.
For the acoustic torpedoes and the torpedoes that meander, I still have to decide how to modify them

(I would like to ask you have creators of the mods that I have listed in this post, if I can have their permission to use their values ​​to publish my torpedoes here in the forum)

Tags
torpedo, torpedo damage