SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-11, 12:44 PM   #16
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aergistal View Post
One way it could work for now is to have a mission dispatcher in form of BdU throwing single or multiplayer generated missions. We could write an application that will download and install the mission for you, when you check your orders from BdU. At least that's how I see it working for now.

By writing a custom mission generator we could have entire campaigns running and make sure each capital ship is sunk only once etc. The experience will still be mostly single player, but you'd have a feeling you're part of something bigger. This way anyone can play on their own time and still inter-connect.
SH5 campaign engine works pretty different from the previous versions. No need to write custom missions, its enough to place few generators that will create random traffic. Then you get orders to patrol certain areas where these generators are placed.. pretty easy and cool.

But im not sure I understand how you wanna implement this idea. The player get a patrol area order from Bdu, he use TC to get there and sink stuff. How is this MP? Or the same message and map will be broadcasted to everyone online at that time?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-11, 10:28 AM   #17
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aergistal View Post
Project link (development snapshot)

An online tool that allows you to track your (and other player's) campaign status in real-time, on an interactive map...
Starting with v6.8.0 of my UIs mod I encode information related to the player's sub (speed, depth, CO2, O2, fuel, battery, position, etc.) into their ship's journal every hour (hour is the default value in the options file). How can we use this information for your idea posted above? Do you need the information in a specific format or

If others have ideas as to using this information I'm encoding in the ship's journal for something please post your ideas in my UIs mod thread.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-11, 08:50 PM   #18
sealion
Swabbie

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 0

New here but would it be possible to do a vatsim type server probably already been answered
sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 01:58 AM   #19
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Starting with v6.8.0 of my UIs mod I encode information related to the player's sub (speed, depth, CO2, O2, fuel, battery, position, etc.) into their ship's journal every hour (hour is the default value in the options file). How can we use this information for your idea posted above? Do you need the information in a specific format or

If others have ideas as to using this information I'm encoding in the ship's journal for something please post your ideas in my UIs mod thread.
might take you up on that. Working on a few things (SH IV right now) But atleast a crew project (crew management) are in the workshop for SHV but got a new job so realy cant say when a spam your PM lol....

TBear

IJN rules, but peabody makes it float!

"TAKAO" Status: work in progress
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 02:00 AM   #20
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealion View Post
New here but would it be possible to do a vatsim type server probably already been answered
lol.....had a VA on vatsim, Stormchaser cargo. Ended up in a heatet debate with a "tower" dude was awsome lol......

IJN rules, but peabody makes it float!

"TAKAO" Status: work in progress
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 05:52 AM   #21
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

This sound fantastic! I hope you succeed in pulling it off. Very nice idea.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 05:20 PM   #22
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

This sounds great, I'll be following the progress!
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 04:15 AM   #23
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
This sounds great, I'll be following the progress!
Yes, me too!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 09-19-11, 04:30 AM   #24
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

The way the game should have been done is , if i am playing single player and request help then someone or multiple people can join and it becomes multiplayer . My campaign achievments go to me . Or i can get a request and help someone else . If a player leaves unexpectedly then an AI sub takes over . The main stumbling block would be everyone who joins would have the same mod list and tards .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bdu, online