SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-23, 01:54 PM   #46
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-23, 06:06 PM   #47
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Rod Taylor. Great Aussie actor. Good mates with John Wayne.
The early 60s had some fabulous tv shows....Dragnet, The Naked City, The Untouchables, Dobie Gillis , and of course Hong Kong. And The Roaring Twenties, The Alaskans, there's so many I can't remember them all.
Old 03-16-23, 06:16 AM   #48
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-18-23, 01:58 AM   #49
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Old 03-18-23, 08:10 AM   #50
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-22-23, 11:40 AM   #51
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

I'm currently watching anything Zombie related these days, the western worlds population are acting like a load of bleeding zombies so I thought if I could get into their zombie infested brains I might be able to understand just where they're coming from, I mean the population, not the zombies.

Z Nation

Season 1.
Blood, gore and people fighting for their very lives, this is bleeding great I thought, just carry on with this and it'll be well worth watching. Sadly, that was a huge mistake on my part as the writers of the show began to put unrealistic scenario after scenario in each and every episode that followed, by the end of the first season I had steam pouring out of my bleeding ears.

Season 2.
oh my bleeding word, what have these bleeding idiots done to this show, the whole of the second season should have been scrapped and re-written by someone who is even slightly competent, These writers should be tarred and feathered and the useless bastards thrown into a bleeding dustbin, (trashcan) for those people who abuse the English language on a daily basis. I know it's not your fault that your "Founding Fathers" were as thick as the proverbial brick but that's another story.

Season 3.
I managed to watch 2 episodes before I admitted defeat and threw the bleeding towel in, I'd had enough, I couldn't take anymore of this bollocks, the series started out so promising with season 1's first episode getting a mighty 7.2\10 and slowly but surely descending into the shambolic putrid smelling garbage that it finally became.
I have to give it an honest rating and, taking the first ever episode into account I'm going to give it an overall rating.

Overall Rating 2.5\10.

This could have been the second best of the best zombie series that there's ever been but, the writers just weren't up to the job, what a bleeding shame, at least "The Last Of Us" is a deserved leader of the top spot for now.

I'm going to watch "Day of the Dead" next, a comedy zombie series by all accounts and after that the South Korean series "All of Us Are Dead" a school children zombie apocalypse, it sounds interesting, I can imagine eating a schoolgirl throws some interesting questions up for the writers and director so they'll have to handle that one rather delicately......
Old 03-23-23, 08:08 AM   #52
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

"The Roaring Twenties" TV Series 1961 ish....the perfect accompaniment to "The Untouchables". Dorothy Provine was one of the highlights of the show.
Old 03-23-23, 08:35 AM   #53
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-23-23, 08:43 AM   #54
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

They must love those series.

British crime series.

Series like Taggart have been running for years-When last season and episode has been shown, they restart with another British crime series, who has been shown several times before and about half year later-Taggart is on again.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 09:41 AM   #55
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Currently watching this.

https://www.itv.com/watch/the-bay/2a5041/2a5041a0019

Old 03-26-23, 08:26 AM   #56
Moonlight
Admiral

All Of Us Are Dead

After a failed science experiment, a local high school is overrun with zombies, and the trapped students struggle to survive. With no food or water, and communication cut-off by the government, they must use equipment around the school to protect themselves in the midst of a battleground or they will become part of the infected.

Well, well, well, a decent zombie series for once, I've watched countless Movies and TV Series on this subject matter and this show is one of the better one's. If you're hoping to see great actresses and actors like Katharine Hepburn and Gregory Peck then you're gonna be disappointed, most of them are only teenagers who've probably never been in a show as big as this before. There were a few movie\tv cliche moments such as a Mum and a Dad risking their lives to find their children, I don't know who invented this scenario but it's been done to death and it just becomes cringeworthy and needs to stop like 20 years ago, this is where the writer and the director were lacking in some inspirational creativity. Apart from that, it was an enjoyable show, it could have been done better and needed polishing up here and there but overall it hit a home run for me.

Rating 6.8\10
Old 04-03-23, 07:34 PM   #57
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

"Spyforce" - An Australian WW2 series based on true stories.

From the very late 1960s/1971ish. During the filming they had trouble finding actors with short hair/or willing to have "short back and sides" haircuts. True.
Old 04-04-23, 01:48 PM   #58
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-08-23, 06:57 AM   #59
Moonlight
Admiral

Humans

Quote:
"The story is set in a parallel universe where technology is highly advanced and lifelike humanoids called Synths are the must-have machines for any household. Joe Hawkins decides to buy a Synth to help out at home, but his wife, Laura, feels uncomfortable around the humanoid. Elsewhere a widower tries to fix his malfunctioning Synth "Odi", who holds some precious memories of his late wife."

I liked this show, not a lot, but I liked it, my favourite characters were, DI Karen Voss, Mia,(aka) Anita and Niska, there are a few others who should get a mention but if you watch the series you'll know who they are. No humans made it on to the list, I could give a shout out to at least 5 humans, but overall I felt that there were too many nasty bastards in high places to give a **** about any of them. Only criticims I had about the show was, it was at least 4 hours too long and, not enough human\synth interaction was shown throughout the country, now that would have been a better use of those 4 hours, that seems to have got away from the writers, once again they missed the bloody creativity boat, ah well, maybe next time....

Rating 7\10
Old 04-08-23, 09:39 AM   #60
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote