SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-08-14, 11:34 AM   #226
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSamurai View Post
They may be assuming though, that many people in North America actually like Corvettes. For me none of their cars even break into my top 100 cars I would want to drive.
The message lies in that they get an American manufacturer - just any - on board, after all. Kunos said themselves that so far the collection of tracks and cars is quite "Europhile", because of the distances being short between their HQ and the chosen tracks, and European manufacturers being closer located than Asian and American as well. They do quite some extensive research on location. Not needing to travel all the globe, is a plus for them.

Personally, I do not care so much for this or that brand being represented in AC, if I would need to make some pick it would be Porsche. If a car drives well or interesting, than it drives well or interesting, no matter who made it. I'm interested more in tracks. And The Vipers and Corvettes I have had in past games, I all did not like too much by their driving characteristics in that games, including GTR-2.

0.7.2 did some magic with Nürburgring, with GT3 class cars for example it is a pleasant racing there now (with no more total AI failures in first turn).

T minus 6 days until next major update. Possible - but not certain - that they start to introduce MP. Not that I care for MP, but some people do. I think chances are 50:50. But that is only my guess. Getting Spa (modern) would be the big hit for me, I'm waiting for that one.
Old 03-10-14, 07:31 AM   #227
Skybird
Soaring

Racetime charts:

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLi...ll&friends=all

Frustrating. No matter which car and track, it seems I always trail 5-7 seconds behind the elite.

On the other hand, I am using default setups so far, only tweak the tyre pressure, usually lowering it.
Old 03-11-14, 06:53 AM   #228
Skybird
Soaring

It seems its coming this Friday!

Pagani Huayra. Superfast. Flaps in rear and in front. And a cockpit looking like how people from the rennaissance imagined the future to be. Jules Verne would have loved it, I assume. Unfortunately they did not recreate the cockjpit versions in titan-silver and light-brown leather finish that Pagani offers, but did a more conventional black-dark-grey colour scheme. At least when judging it by a 6 months old video.

Fährst Du noch oder fliegst du schon?
Old 03-11-14, 08:23 AM   #229
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It seems its coming this Friday!

Pagani Huayra. Superfast. Flaps in rear and in front. And a cockpit looking like how people from the rennaissance imagined the future to be. Jules Verne would have loved it, I assume. Unfortunately they did not recreate the cockjpit versions in titan-silver and light-brown leather finish that Pagani offers, but did a more conventional black-dark-grey colour scheme. At least when judging it by a 6 months old video.

Fährst Du noch oder fliegst du schon?
I remember watching the episode of Top Gear when Hammond tested it, the Huayra is one of the fastest hypercars out there. All I know is I can't wait till Friday .
Old 03-11-14, 11:13 AM   #230
Skybird
Soaring

230 miles/h = 367 km/h.

But the really stunner in this car is the cockpit. Beautiful and insane at the same time.

Unfortunately, AC will probably feature the less beautiful, black-grey colour scheme, which is a crying SHAME...!!!

And look at this - that is childish, and utmost infantile - I love it!

Old 03-11-14, 02:19 PM   #231
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2

nice. i like how it has a hole for your pee on the seat so you don't have to stop.
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 04:21 PM   #232
Skybird
Soaring

Kunos have received an award by the Italian gaming industry for best technical achievment of the year.

At that opportunity their managing director revealed that their coding goes extremely well and that the release of full version 1.0 will be in April, most likely.

Old 03-14-14, 12:30 PM   #233
Skybird
Soaring

Impact...!

0.75, ~350 MB

- Pagani Huayra new car (turbo related sounds still wip)
- TC now does not engadge until a car specific speed when launching from stand still
- Aero fixes for Lotus Exos T125, corrects nose up excessive top speed
- Option for player selective collisions. A small workaround until we properly fix the AI. Collisions only occur around a small distance from the player. All other cars do not collide, limiting CPU occupation
- Fixed replay audio bug
- Fixed GUI on some apps
- Fixed race output
- New APP :: Track Description
- New APP :: Real Time X360 car controls debug
- Damage OFF option
- Fixed some glitches in mirror rendering
- Improved CPU performance on Monza
- Reduced launcher RAM and VRAM consumption while the simulator is active.
- Added French translation.
- Collision fixes at Monza and Silverstone gp
- Physical mesh at Silverstone gp more detailed.
- Fixed Concrete size at S-Schumacher, Nurburgring GP
- The launcher now keeps a rotating backup store of the local database (found in Documents\Assetto Corsa\launcherdata\backups)
Old 03-15-14, 12:12 PM   #234
Skybird
Soaring

The Huayra is a great thing they did. The sound environment is the most attractive I have heard in any of AC's cars so far, intimidatingly powerful and subtle in details, especially the spinning down of something that is not the turbo (don't know what it is) electrifies me every time I ease the gas. The front and aft flaps work great and provide fully animated and truly perceivable asymmetrical aerodynamic support. The thing is hilariously fast, and although it has 7 gears, there seems to be no track where I would not start to break again in fifth, if not even just fourth gear. At the same time this tamed track missile handles better than the F40, indeed is great fun to be used, and the FFB the wheel provides is the best beside the M1 in AC. As usual, the visual attention to detail is stunning.

Also good to see is that they indeed constantly work on the AI. By tendency, faster cars still are more critical and more likely to do silly things than slower cars, but the AI in general has been improved on apparently all tracks, and I tried them almost all now. I had many smooth races without any unfair events at all when using the abarth 500 s2, M3E92 s2, Elise s2, and cars like that. Several critical spots on several tracks have been improved in the way the AI handles them. In 458 s3 and MP4 GT3, races become a bit more robust at times, but still lack the Kamikaze events that I have with especially the F599 and F40, which both currently are totally unsuitable for the AI, imo. I wonder if they even tailor their AI for race duty. Maybe they are only meant for hotlapping and single practice?!

So the message worth to focus on is: AI is again improved, and is apparently constantly worked on. By trend and in many details you see that things constantly get better.

This update is more pleasing and has more under the hood than one would imagine after first glance. And I was wrong on the Huayra cockpits, two car skins (night blue and persian blue) have a beige leather interior.
Old 03-15-14, 01:37 PM   #235
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2

nothing here that hasn't been already done, and with better skill, technique, and quality, in project cars.
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 03:56 PM   #236
Skybird
Soaring

Visually, maybe, PC has day-night cycles and weather, and there are amazingly looking track videos for PC at youtube. But physics-wise: forget it, AC leads by a lightyear or two. I tried PC with a friend's rig some time ago, and got maybe two hours logged in. Made me think of NFS4. Even netKart Pro 1.3 - also made by Kunos - is more realistic in driving physics - and that is several years older than PC. Not one second I would care to compare AC and PC in driving realism and physics. PC is more like Forza, Gran Turismo - and AC camps with iRacing and rFactor 2. The feeling of driving and the realistic feedback from FFB is what sets AC apart from PC. In PC, FFB was exaggerated, to make it more sensational in feeling. But that is exactly what makes it feel unrealistic.

However, different strokes for different folks. And weather and night-day-cycles can come later with AC. It is only ruled out for 1.0

Last edited by Skybird; 03-15-14 at 04:07 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-14, 07:57 AM   #237
Skybird
Soaring

Old 03-18-14, 11:48 AM   #238
Skybird
Soaring

If I interpret recent postings in their forum correctly, then it seems Kunos not just licensed the Yellowbird, but just signed a deal for a RUF license leading beyond just that single car. A German racing sitw reports that at least two more RUF cars will come, as a consequence of the poll for 10 most wanted cars in the Nordschleife dream pack.
Old 03-18-14, 03:49 PM   #239
Skybird
Soaring

A small update released today. Version 0.76 brings this:

- Further reductions to the launcher's physical RAM usage while the simulator is active.
- Huayra steering wheel lock to lock modification
- Huayra collision boxes adjustments
- Updates and fixes on new skins of BMW 1M S3 and BMW M3 E30 Drift
- Huayra fixed rims orientation

Old 03-20-14, 08:07 PM   #240
Skybird
Soaring

Quickfix released:

- Fixed Drag race starting issue
- Added debouncing MS delay for paddle shifter