Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-15-10, 02:37 PM   #826
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
Hi ZW, mission is running, havibg 22 fps and a T-34 behind my Tiger but was shot down from another tank.

Great

LC

NEW SOUNDS (MG)

PS: Can i install 1ZW_MO_Kursk_Mission_1_Pre-Alpha_v1.zip v3
Yes, and please try to play to success then report

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 02:39 PM   #827
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Yes, and please try to play to success then report

ZW
Yes Sir.

Mission 3 Map is not functioning. Are the T34 supposed to be so fast, especially those 3 T-34 which are attaking my right flank?

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 03:26 PM   #828
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Kursk - no one said it would be easy

Zee Thanks for the tremendous support to date, reading the progress and fixes I wonder if you've got any hair left!!!
I will be trying out the fixes very soon but I'm behind the curve on this one it helps to get a flavour of the problems to date by reading all threads.

Hi Lc I'm in strict training so I can bale out when I get let down by my auto driver - he's going to end up on a mine clearing detail eventually I feel!!

It looks like some real progress is being achieved and as someone once said "no one said it would be easy"!!

Frinik here's hoping your fps are good enough. When this is sorted it will blow away the opposition and hopefully will extend well into the future.
Draconian DRM impositions are adversely affecting new games/sims and having a game such as this will give years of pleasure it might be "the Golden age" of sims.
ATB - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 03:36 PM   #829
BlueMind
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

Like ZeeWolf said, I used the uninstall before install the new version (if this option exist I always use it) and I had any problem.

I really enjoy to play the original missions and I tested another time the Kursk mission but I don't have more FPS than before. And actually, it's not really playable but I need to play more than 2 or 3 minutes (can't because my baby wake up and was crying so I stopped... she never cry at the right time )... when I had more time to play, I decided to try the german mission nr.1 for the first time (wonderful and totally different than the original, I really liked it)...

After it I tried the new version of the 3th mission, one of my favorite mainly due to the attack on my right flank. The first frontal attack was very very fast; my teammates are really good (often, I just see smoke behind the hill, killed by them ). I liked the tanks wich attack from the right side, I thought they was more aggressive but no more numerous than the original or I'm wrong ?

I never tire of saying: GOOD WORK !!!

Now, I will eat something and maybe, I will try Kursk after if I'm not too tired.
BlueMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 03:59 PM   #830
LcSummers
XO

Default Kursk report

Mission report!

FPS were between 4.7 and 6.8 most time around 5.1-5.6. "Swamp" effect was deleted but in the forrest there was a light swamp.

Recognized the mines, oh boy, keep out. Steering left remained? ZW is this normal or what is effecting the left turn?

I want to only remind you for later operations that RPM gauge in the drivers view is showing 2700rpms but your corrected rpm is showing us 3230rpms.

Oil gauge is not working? YOu have to check this too in the future.

All in all a great improvement, liked to blow up enemy tank at 1400 Meter range. BOOOM.

I know less artillery will be in further missions, saw that wingmen destroyed SU-122. Those tanks in the woods were heavy but killed them too.

No damaged tank was driving around only 1 Tiger ran into another one from behind when village was taken and tanks drove above enemy artillery.

Just one question. I was missing the antenna on the Tigers. Yes if we want to have realism this must be corrected too. (this is again only my opinion)

Tomorrow i will do another report if needed, now my knee and leg is acking (swollen). (still have to use those crutches)

Report over and out

Cheers

LC
Old 04-15-10, 04:10 PM   #831
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
Mission report!

FPS were between 4.7 and 6.8 most time around 5.1-5.6. "Swamp" effect was deleted but in the forrest there was a light swamp.

Recognized the mines, oh boy, keep out. Steering left remained? ZW is this normal or what is effecting the left turn?

I want to only remind you for later operations that RPM gauge in the drivers view is showing 2700rpms but your corrected rpm is showing us 3230rpms.

Oil gauge is not working? YOu have to check this too in the future.

All in all a great improvement, liked to blow up enemy tank at 1400 Meter range. BOOOM.

I know less artillery will be in further missions, saw that wingmen destroyed SU-122. Those tanks in the woods were heavy but killed them too.

No damaged tank was driving around only 1 Tiger ran into another one from behind when village was taken and tanks drove above enemy artillery.

Just one question. I was missing the antenna on the Tigers. Yes if we want to have realism this must be corrected too. (this is again only my opinion)

Tomorrow i will do another report if needed, now my knee and leg is acking (swollen). (still have to use those crutches)

Report over and out

Cheers

LC
Excellent LC great job Kamerad,

we,re almost there LC

And yes I am working on the "Swamp" effect and making progress but very touchy code, smallest adjustment
causes crash so I will dig deeper to get to the bottom of this.

Cheers

ZW
Old 04-15-10, 06:49 PM   #832
oilman
Watch

Default I figured out how to print screen LOL

I finaly broke down and read the instructions.

I removed TVT and reinstalled and put the prekursk mod on. This time mission one looks radicaly different. All the missions are different. I see the zw instal notes. The ZW installer and uninstaler. But I'm still getting the error message when I run the ZWinstaller. I was under the impression the instal should work or not work. Not something in between. I'm I right there? The error window says it will save a copy of the error report. And I wrote that down. But I can't find that folder. Anyways lets try attatching a pic. Note. Mission one did not look like this on my first ZW instal. But both instal attempts definately installed nonstock missions. On the second instal mission ones land scape looks lik the Swiss Alps!

I'll have to find my photobucket account and get logged in.
oilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 07:00 PM   #833
oilman
Watch

Lets see if I can remember how to do this.

Is this what you intended ZW?
Old 04-15-10, 07:37 PM   #834
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Wow oilman,

Ok! Let's start from the beginning. First UN-INSTALL all the ZW stuff in the
order you installed. Testing each time you do a Un-Install.
All the way back to the Pre-Kursk large install.

Keep me posted

ZW

PS: Make sure when re-Installing the Stock Game you manually delete all the folders and files first.
Because the Stock T34 vs Tiger does not do a good job of overwriting files.
Old 04-15-10, 08:51 PM   #835
oilman
Watch

Default Reinstall question.

So if I try and start from fresh. Remove add-on and game. Should I wipe away the two relevant Windows registry folders too?

[I tried that when first installing the game a few weeks back. I thought I was having troubles with the games KEY code but turns out it was anouther problem, game was missing two dll files. ]

Also I have many partitions and two hard drives. Is the game and your add partition/ location sensitive?? I have been trying to install the game in my F drive. I have been changing the location drive letter when installing the game and add on.
Old 04-15-10, 09:07 PM   #836
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman View Post
So if I try and start from fresh. Remove add-on and game. Should I wipe away the two relevant Windows registry folders too?

[I tried that when first installing the game a few weeks back. I thought I was having troubles with the games KEY code but turns out it was anouther problem, game was missing two dll files. ]

Also I have many partitions and two hard drives. Is the game and your add partition/ location sensitive?? I have been trying to install the game in my F drive. I have been changing the location drive letter when installing the game and add on.
Well I would not delete any registry entries although as far as location goes
if you have Vista that can be a problem. But first I would encourage you to save those *.dll files that were missing and re-install the stock TVT again
and then the Pre-Kursk foundation. Then in sequence that you can remember install the other updates with the beta Kursk mission last.
And remember to un-install the beta Kursk mission before installing any
thing new.

Then I think you'll be ok oilman

ZW

PS: Don't forget these files:
http://www.filefront.com/15181093/Msvcr_Files.zip/
Old 04-15-10, 11:55 PM   #837
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Release me now!

Wow Oilman are you doing Mountank climbing? better equip your T34 with skis....

Re defective oil gauges, missing antennas etc

Fellow ZW members let's be realistic ZW has enough work with install bugs and a host of us on his back because our instals are nor either properly done or the instructions not proprely followed.I think let's give him a break with the little perks and wishes that we may have until such time as he has been able to cope with the unending and stressful assistance that he has been providing. He is only one man and like the rest of us he needs to sleep, eat and work.

Zee for future instals, mods missions to save yourself a lot of stress and work and posts on the forum may I suggest you simply post a screen showing exactly what needs to be done :

For example a post with a pic of your game folder indicating where the mod or instal should go? An image is worth a thousand words and for you rather than having to tackle individual queries of the same nature you could easily refer people to that post.Most people are more visual than auditive( this is my case).

Also it would be useful when you release a mod or mission just to say a few words as to what people should expect to see( either in terms of game play or on the game menu).This way you'll save yourself a lot of posts from anxious people who might not see the difference and believe their instal is faulty.

I believe we have to think in collective terms. This a one-man enterprise with associate members and we have to find ways of minimising the amount of stress and work that each release brings .

Cheers!

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 12:58 AM   #838
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Frinik, your awesome man!

ZW
Old 04-16-10, 01:31 AM   #839
LcSummers
XO

Default Cool

Frinic,

thats a very good idea. Yes pictures saying more than thousand words. This is a very effective way to imoprove the whole situation and making tests faster.

Quote:

Re defective oil gauges, missing antennas etc

Fellow ZW members let's be realistic ZW has enough work with install bugs and a host of us on his back because our instals are nor either properly done or the instructions not proprely followed.I think let's give him a break with the little perks and wishes that we may have until such time as he has been able to cope with the unending and stressful assistance that he has been providing. He is only one man and like the rest of us he needs to sleep, eat and work.

Frinic, i am here to test these add ons and i only mentioned it `cause ZW wants to have reports. I am a precise man.
As ZW wrote, and thats my opinion too, first we have to make a solid structure the graphical issues are (for very late improvements) when ZW is making the interior of new tanks and new vehicles. But he mentioned to improve later graphical issues.
My thought was and is to make his add on the greatest one in tank battles and these minor improvements should be done when ZW has enough time and he is thinking now its the right timt to do this.

Better to mention these things right now than later when everything seems great but are not for some people.

Cheers

LC
Old 04-16-10, 02:03 AM   #840
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Expectations

LC my Friend this comment was not meant as criticism and simply to illustrate my point about all of us( Me included ) being reasonable in our expectations.

I know a lot of us have some wish list of things we'd like changed, improved, added etc.

I understand that you were reporting what did not function and simply doing what you were asked for.I simply wanted to say that these little things do matter but they are going to put on the backburner until such time as the major issues have been tackled and solved and ZW has the luxury of actually having time to address individual members Xmas wish

That being said ZW I have a list of 137 improvements to the game to submit for your spare time.Just kidding....

Cheers

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote