SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-17, 05:17 AM   #991
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi XS
Quote:
Does it mean I take away the sh.sdl from the main package here
Yes, open the mods sound folder and delete or remove the sh.sdl file from it.
Now you can enable the mod.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 05:42 AM   #992
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi XS
Yes, open the mods sound folder and delete or remove the sh.sdl file from it.
Now you can enable the mod.
Peter

Thanks Peter, I have made some tests, I did what you said and I also removed the keyboard command settings, and everything else except the script and sound folder. I did also add the beta6 files without the sh.sdl. The mod works great in TWoS 2.1.0 and is really awesome
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 11:55 AM   #993
THEBERBSTER

Hi XS
Stormy's and Church's keyboards are the same as far as I can tell.
What I do not like in the default keyboard used in TWOS is the W-A-S-D keys to move around when in the maps you use the arrow keys.

Stormy's and Church's only use the arrow keys so for me I just add Church's keyboard to my TWOS mods.

One big advantage with both keyboards especially if you are playing 100% realistically is the use of the Z key which the Soundman will give you sonar bearing in the message box evertytime you press it.

One thing you will need to do is sort out the doubling up of keyboard commands which clash, so you will need to re-program some of the OFEV patches to overcome this.

You will not be able to use the C key for the compass as you will crash dive.
Click on the middle of the bar compass to open the compass dial,

F3 replaces the M map key.
F8 use the Chief Engineer icon for Silent Running.
In the OFEV use the F key for Radio Messages otherwise the I key will give you both Radio Messages and Torpedo Load.
Use the K key for your Message Box.
The T key doubles up for the Teleporting Bar and also the Radio.
Use the Y key for your Teleporting Bar.
Shift + X doubles up Follow Warship and Remove Navigation Marks.
Use Shift + S to Remove Navigation Marks.
Remember the C key is crash dive only.
Peter
Old 02-04-19, 08:03 AM   #994
880-5
A-ganger

Downloads: 526
Icon11

Hello together, maybe someone has a customized cfg file for TWOS?
880-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-19, 07:02 AM   #995
Brillett
Watch

Downloads: 49

hello with this mod the key configuration changed and i cant move with the keys "w a s d" or the left and right arrow to steer the ship..

best regards
Brillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-19, 07:45 AM   #996
THEBERBSTER

Hi B
Stormy's Mod changes a number of keybindings including W-A-S-D which are replaced by the arrow keys.
This actually makes sense because the maps are moved by the arrow keys anyway.
If you have TDW's Options File Editor Viewer installed you will also notice a number of duplicated functions which can be changed by allocating different keys.
There is more information in my tutorials.

Peter
Old 03-20-19, 04:32 AM   #997
Brillett
Watch

Downloads: 49

hello people
i installed new sh5 and twos but now i cant get this mod to work anymore...is the install path right what JGSE shows me = silenthunter5/twos_parts ?
i thought the mods come all in the base folder from sh5 and not twos..?
Brillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 07:04 AM   #998
THEBERBSTER

Hi B
Check this out.
The Wolves of Steel And Stormy’s DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod How To Make It Compatible > Pictorial
Peter
Old 04-12-19, 12:29 AM   #999
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Hey guys I have a question about this mod. I am interested in using it. I do use TWoS.

Now I think it is more than just removing the sdl file correct?

I dont want to change the keybindings, I just want the sound and speech. is that possible?

I read THEBERBSTER stuff on it, but it seems I would have to change keybindings? am I correct?
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 01:03 AM   #1000
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Hey guys I have a question about this mod. I am interested in using it. I do use TWoS.

Now I think it is more than just removing the sdl file correct?

I dont want to change the keybindings, I just want the sound and speech. is that possible?

I read THEBERBSTER stuff on it, but it seems I would have to change keybindings? am I correct?
If you want to keep original TWOS keybindings, you should delete Stormy Cfg/Commands too, i think.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 03:06 AM   #1001
bstanko6
Admiral

Ok. I will look into it. Thanks.
Old 04-12-19, 04:17 AM   #1002
bstanko6
Admiral

Ok so far it works great, no change to key bindings, but the crew changed! Well, Dobenacher changed. He is a younger guy without an eyepatch. Is this correct??? How do I change it back?

I want my pirate back!
Old 04-12-19, 04:29 AM   #1003
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Without Stormy Cfg/Commands file, your crew has changed?
Can’t tell you...currently on SH4 OM mod, sorry mate.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 05:37 AM   #1004
THEBERBSTER

Hi B
Your crew can be found here.
Silent Hunter 5\data\menu\skins\German\gui\crew\
If you disable Stormy's mod check what XO is now showing.
When you enable a mod JSGME writes away the original settings and then restores them again when the mod is disabled.

If it is with the eye patch copy and paste to Stormy's mod replacing the existing one.
If that does not work then let me know and I will up load the picture for you.
If by chance you made a copy of the TWoS cfg/commands file before deleting it then you can take the picture from there.
It is always a good practice to make a copy as a backup before making any changes.

Peter
Old 04-12-19, 08:40 AM   #1005
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Here is how to make the DBSM mod compatible with TWoS. I'm currently playing with it in v.2.2.10 of TWoS. My modification will remove all keyboard settings of DBSM, only retaining the sounds, speech and scripts of the crew.
This adjustment will both work with TWoS and a modded SH5 game v.1.2. Just follow exactly the install instructions!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stormy's Das Boot Sound Mod (DBSM) v.1.3 adjusted for TWoS 2.1.0 - 2.2.10 and the stock SH5 v.1.2 game
************************************************** ************************************************** ***

Will add some awesome new speech sound taken from the movie Das Boot as well as some other sounds inside and outside the sub. Changes the crew appearance in the sub to be somewhat similar to what you see in Das Boot.

I have adjusted Stormy's DBSM mod to be used in TWoS 2.1.0 - 2.2.10. I wanted to have only the new Speech, new sound, new crew appearance. I didn't want to have any new keyboard setting.

This adjusted mod can be used both in TWoS and as part of a modlist for SH5 v.1.2. In a personal modlist it will require MightyFine Crew Mod 1.21 for best results. In all install variations (see below) the crew will move more realistically and naturally inside the boat, and will climb up and down the ladder when appropriate.

What I did and what is replaced/adjusted/deleted:
------------------------------------------------

I have taken these original mod files:

- Stormys_DBSM_SH5_v1.3 Basemod
- Stormys_DBSM_SH5_v.13_additional_crew_sounds_beta6

and I have removed the following:

- Deleted all files for the new keyboard command settings, thus deleting the Menu, Library and Cfg folder (Basemod).
- Keeping only the Scripts and Sound folder, which is the new crew (Basemod).
- Deleted the sh.sdl file (thanks vdr1981) in both packages above to make the mod compatible with TWoS. (Important!)
- Taken the beta6 folders and files as is but removing the sh.sdl file. (beta6)

Note:
Go to subsim.com to download the 2 ORIGINAL Stormy mods, also the mod MightyFine Crew Mod 1.21, and do the changes mentioned above.

Installation:
-------------
You can play Stormy's adjusted mod with the stock crew appearance, or with the crew appearance of 'Das Boot', your choice. And you can install it as part of a stock game modlist or in TWoS. However, the NewUI crew icons (used for giving orders) will only look like the stock crew.

a) Installing in TWoS with the crew 'Das Boot':
Do NOT install anything from MightyFine Crew Mod 1.21, it's already contained in TWoS.
Install this adjusted mod as explained above in JSGME, AFTER the entire TWoS mod and its optional additions.
Install first the adjusted basemod, then the adjusted beta6 package allowing overwrite.

b) Installing in TWoS with the stock crew only:
Do NOT install anything from MightyFine Crew Mod 1.21, it's already contained in TWoS.
Additionally to the instructions above, remove the Scripts folder in both packages (Basemod + beta6).
Install this adjusted mod in JSGME, AFTER the entire TWoS mod and its optional additions.
Install first the adjusted basemod, then the adjusted beta6 package allowing overwrite.

c) Installing in SH5 v.1.2 with the crew 'Das Boot':
Install 'MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces' taken from the zip folder in the package MightyFine Crew Mod 1.21.
Immediately after in JSGME, install this adjusted mod with the changes made as explained above.

d) Installing in SH5 v.1.2 with the stock crew only:
Install 'MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces' taken from the zip folder in the package MightyFine Crew Mod 1.21.
Additionally to the instructions above, remove the Scripts folder in both packages (Basemod + beta6).
Install this adjusted mod in JSGME immediately after the 'MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces'.

Important:
I have tested this adjustment mod in TWoS 2.1.0 and TWoS 2.2.10, as well as in my personal stock game modlist, it's ok, but this doesn't mean that I have found and eliminated all possible clashes and inconsistencies with TWoS, also for future versions of TWoS I don't know if it's still wise to use, you must follow additions to TWoS in the future and eventually stop using this adjusted mod if some better sounds are added in TWoS.

Warning:
If something doesn't work anymore after you have installed this, then remove it from JSGME and go to see if all has turned 'normal' again. You are at your own risk when using this!

Credits:
Many thanks for the original DBSM mod go to Stormfly who has added really immersive sounds and speeches to the game.
Many thanks for the MightyFine Crew mod go to Heretic, his added crew behavior is really awesome!
Many thanks also to Veko (vdr1981) for his tip about compatibility with TWoS and for his constant work on his megamod.

XenonS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-03-19 at 11:26 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite