SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2020, 02:47 AM   #61
meetnick
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 6
Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default Different sub sim warfare game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslas View Post
These are all reasonable questions guys!
But let me make a proper introduction to our studio first.
We are professionals in the corporate environment both on IT and Software Development sectors with 25years experience.
We are also the creators of the FlatUniverse multiplayer space shooter that is being used as a testbed for many technologies that we are going to use on a project like this (networking, sensors, ai, graphics, data serialization etc).


We are the MaslasBros and that is what we propose...

Modern Naval Warfare



Pardon me for my uninvited input. How about a sub game where new ideas of weapons and ships can be made whereas you can build your own super weapons (like a store) from hit points (up grades) and futuristic ships/subs, something like tom clancy's modern warfare where they have weapons in theory could be real like deploying drones from the sub, deploying drone subs, deploy sound/sonar bouyes, if you sink a sub you can send out seals to recover intel and steel their weapons, you can deploy seals into a port and retrieve seals they bring back secrete weapons deploy them onto ships ect, But you can have allies to trade with, you can command a team of different subs, and jump from one to the other they can go on missions autonomously. But creating new technology would be great like making your sub like a shkval torpedo you can sprint 10 miles or so to get away from an area have a sub that uses pump drive like a jet ski.. well a game where you can build as you go along...
meetnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:52 PM   #62
maslas
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 24
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetnick View Post
Pardon me for my uninvited input. How about a sub game where new ideas of weapons and ships can be made whereas you can build your own super weapons (like a store) from hit points (up grades) and futuristic ships/subs, something like tom clancy's modern warfare where they have weapons in theory could be real like deploying drones from the sub, deploying drone subs, deploy sound/sonar bouyes, if you sink a sub you can send out seals to recover intel and steel their weapons, you can deploy seals into a port and retrieve seals they bring back secrete weapons deploy them onto ships ect, But you can have allies to trade with, you can command a team of different subs, and jump from one to the other they can go on missions autonomously. But creating new technology would be great like making your sub like a shkval torpedo you can sprint 10 miles or so to get away from an area have a sub that uses pump drive like a jet ski.. well a game where you can build as you go along...



Quote:
Originally Posted by meetnick View Post
Pardon me for my uninvited input...

Welcome, there's no need for special invitations on this thread.
Just speak your mind...


Quote:
Originally Posted by meetnick View Post
How about a sub game where new ideas of weapons and ships can be made whereas...
That sounds fantastic as an idea for, just as you proposed, a "UBI" Tom Clancy's game product. We would seriously consider it if we were aiming for a science fiction product. Down to earth but still science fiction.
Personally, I strongly believe that the market misses a classic modern sub simulator right now and this is what we are proposing.
Beyond that barrier, I like your thoughts and ideas and thanks for giving your time on expressing them because you never know what the future brings.


__________________
SV1QZN - 73
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #63
maslas
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 24
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Things are moving forward to our development and the team allowed me to give you this little gift.

MNW...





...vs Reality


__________________
SV1QZN - 73
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:51 AM   #64
stormrider_sp
Navy Dude
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Italy, France, Brazil, UK
Posts: 177
Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Default

Oh yes!
Will it be another external 3d view, or our old favorite "cockpit view" submarine game? Will it support VR?
__________________
stormrider_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:07 AM   #65
maslas
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 24
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider_sp View Post
Oh yes!
Will it be another external 3d view, or our old favorite "cockpit view" submarine game? Will it support VR?

No external 3d views, this is a real simulator. You will be a able to see outside from periscopes(optronic masts) or from the watch.


We have the knowledge and our game engine can support VR but we do not think it is a good feature gameplay wise for the genre except on some very specific situations maybe.
For the time being the answer is negative.
__________________
SV1QZN - 73
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:29 AM   #66
Badger343rd
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 50
Downloads: 52
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslas View Post
No external 3d views, this is a real simulator. You will be a able to see outside from periscopes(optronic masts) or from the watch.


We have the knowledge and our game engine can support VR but we do not think it is a good feature gameplay wise for the genre except on some very specific situations maybe.
For the time being the answer is negative.
I think you need to have both views
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:45 AM   #67
stormrider_sp
Navy Dude
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Italy, France, Brazil, UK
Posts: 177
Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslas View Post
No external 3d views, this is a real simulator. You will be a able to see outside from periscopes(optronic masts) or from the watch.


We have the knowledge and our game engine can support VR but we do not think it is a good feature gameplay wise for the genre except on some very specific situations maybe.
For the time being the answer is negative.

Thank you very much. Count me in!
__________________
stormrider_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #68
jaop99
Shore leave
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cancun, Mexico
Posts: 70
Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default

The pics and render looks amazing! good job guys!
jaop99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:40 AM   #69
stormrider_sp
Navy Dude
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Italy, France, Brazil, UK
Posts: 177
Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Default

How are you guys going to implement the sonar modeling?


Have you thought about using new technologies like ray tracing?
http://liu.diva-portal.org/smash/get...FULLTEXT01.pdf


Or perhaps open source underwater acoustics models. I remember studying a paper on this a few years ago.


Edit: https://oalib-acoustics.org/Rays/USM...frontpage.html
__________________
stormrider_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:00 AM   #70
jaop99
Shore leave
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cancun, Mexico
Posts: 70
Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider_sp View Post
How are you guys going to implement the sonar modeling?


Have you thought about using new technologies like ray tracing?
http://liu.diva-portal.org/smash/get...FULLTEXT01.pdf


Or perhaps open source underwater acoustics models. I remember studying a paper on this a few years ago.


Edit: https://oalib-acoustics.org/Rays/USM...frontpage.html
I think they should hire Jive Turkey, is was a sonarman in a real sub and knows a lot about that!, using declassified info of course

jaop99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dangerous waters , modern naval , modern sub

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2020 Subsim