Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 11-18-10, 03:35 PM   #1936
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

On the MP issue, I do not think that we would be supporting Zee with our $$$ if we were not in agreement with his approach to making TvT such a great sim. I have spent many hours online playing other sims and am frankly happy to have TvT as my goto SP that I turn to every night that I do fire up my PC.

This thing is what I had been dreaming about for about a decade. Can't say enough about it.

The new aircraft are just fantastic, as humans we tend to look at the negative side of things and not trumpet how great things can be. TvT is just that thanks to Zee!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-10, 03:13 AM   #1937
gordonvembu
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Fine GordonVembu, your point is well taken.However there are 2 things that you seem to forget:

1) as ZeeWolf mentioned not everybody is turned on by Co-op, MP or online play.I am absolutely NOT! I like SP and I intend to stick to that course.That being said I am not selffish and I have told ZeeWolf in the past that if he wishes to pursue or invest part of his efforts into the MP aspect I wouldn't at all mind as long as other members are Ok with it!

2) It was clear from the beginning that ZeeWolf's efforts were exclusively or at least primarily focused on SP.Nobody tried to cheat you or deceive you into believing that TvsT under ZeeWolf's effort was anything but a SP dedicated sim unless you deceived yourself??????

Moreover you certainly had no business using abusive and using uncalled for language to make your point in a public post!!!!!

As for R.O. it's not a sim and not a tank sim; it's a first person shooter.INot a bad one.... don't think it can be a competition for Tvst in any way.I think games like ARMA 2 with it's i 44 mod, R.O or World of tanks are the kind of games that are best suited for your own tastes.Tvst SP is obviously not for you!

As for online play being the future, well time will tell.It could be a fad that will wane and wither or may be it will bloom.Who knows? However, there will always be room for SP sims or games as not everybody has the time nor the inclination to go on the internet and like to be their own masters instead.

. As well computer programming is progressing by such leaps and bounds that AI will soon be as good as human beings and thus you'll be able to measure yourself against a human-like opponent without going online or having to set up meetings that suit everybody.

Hope the controversy is over!
Seriously, my language was abusive? what sort of bubble do you live in? Do you really want to play scripted missions which single player is all about? If you do then, listen up, that choice is for the feeble, am i clear? really, when your opponents appear in the same place every time, what sort of satisfaction can be gained from multiple replays? It has become clear to me that Zee can not affect multiplayer one bit. Sure he never said he would or could. So if you, and i mean the feeble out there who continually want to shell out for scripted missions, go right ahead. As for the more ambitious out there, demand for online multiplayer gameplay as this is the only true form of satisfying virtual combat. If you do not agree with this, let me tell you that you are truly unexperienced, unskilled or just unwilling to accept a tougher challenge. Now that i am more familiar with this game and it's coding, i retract the praise i levied on you Zee. THERE IS ONLY ONE IMPORTANT GAMING PLATFORM. What is that? ONLINE INTERACTIVE MULIPLAYER! Nuff said...
Old 11-19-10, 07:13 AM   #1938
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

You know Gordon what I like about you is your infinite tolerance and openness of mind.You must have been the bully in school....

With you there's no middle way; it's your way or ' F.....k " off to quote a term you used( I don't know if I live in a bubble but my parents thought me to be civil and generally avoid barking insults or make disparaging comments about others in public....)

Had you been inclined to make your point in a more diplomatic and respectful manner I think you would have been taken seriously....Got it?

As for being feeble, well actually I am a very competitive and tenacious person and when I play a sport or whatever I don't let go until I win or crash to the floor trying...So don't be too prone to judge others until you know them!

I am happy that you consider yourself as an AMBITIOUS guy.Then let's see what you can do with TvsT and it's mission editor??????

To use a good American expression "Talk is Cheap!". So let's see what you 're made of Gordon and show us your prowess as a modder and creator of new missions! Otherwise to quote you" Get the F...K Off and smell the coffee! Cause if all you can do is blabber hot air to us weaklings and slam your fists on the table we ain't interested Babe! Since you like that kind of tough Hombre talk I am sure it will resound with you

Inexperienced , feeble and unskilled Jee you have me figured out

Gordon I measure a man not on the loudness of his voice but on what he can accomplish.Since you figured out the coding let's see how good you are and you can have my 60 bucks!!!!!
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-10, 09:31 AM   #1939
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Seriously, my language was abusive? what sort of bubble do you live in? Do you really want to play scripted missions which single player is all about? If you do then, listen up, that choice is for the feeble, am i clear? really, when your opponents appear in the same place every time, what sort of satisfaction can be gained from multiple replays? It has become clear to me that Zee can not affect multiplayer one bit. Sure he never said he would or could. So if you, and i mean the feeble out there who continually want to shell out for scripted missions, go right ahead. As for the more ambitious out there, demand for online multiplayer gameplay as this is the only true form of satisfying virtual combat. If you do not agree with this, let me tell you that you are truly unexperienced, unskilled or just unwilling to accept a tougher challenge. Now that i am more familiar with this game and it's coding, i retract the praise i levied on you Zee. THERE IS ONLY ONE IMPORTANT GAMING PLATFORM. What is that? ONLINE INTERACTIVE MULIPLAYER! Nuff said...
Fair enough, you have expressed your point of view. And your point of view is that you do not like what Zee does, and you want something else.

Now we all know it, and have listened to you, so you can stop posting in this thread -which is about a mod you don't like- and leave us -who like it- alone and in peace.

Thanks for your input. And Good-bye.
Old 11-19-10, 03:04 PM   #1940
dougandtoni
Mate

Downloads: 60

offensive remark removed- SH427

Last edited by Sledgehammer427; 11-20-10 at 12:56 AM. Reason: offensive remark - SH427
dougandtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 12:53 AM   #1941
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

hey now, that's not how we play around here, dougandtoni. I'm going to edit your post and let you know that we aren't going to tolerate that kind of talking around here. Forum rules buddy. If you have a beef with gordon, please take it up with him over PM. We want to keep this a people friendly site, because you never know how young some members might be.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!

Last edited by Sledgehammer427; 11-20-10 at 01:06 AM.
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 03:21 AM   #1942
dougandtoni
Mate

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
hey now, that's not how we play around here, dougandtoni. I'm going to edit your post and let you know that we aren't going to tolerate that kind of talking around here. Forum rules buddy. If you have a beef with gordon, please take it up with him over PM. We want to keep this a people friendly site, because you never know how young some members might be.
Fair enough. But he really annoyed me. My apologies to the forum but not him.
dougandtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 10:16 AM   #1943
Bert66
Swabbie

Downloads: 74

Dont wish do get involved really but looking through the Wings of Prey forum made me smile, look who is getting told to back down there too!

http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=2752
Bert66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 09:52 PM   #1944
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default GV

Thanks Bert66 ; I read the posts and yup the same Gordon Vembu all right.Same charm and endearing personality, tactful and discrete approach.This guy must have more enemies than hair on his head....

I have come accross many such individuals i n my life; loud, brash, abusive, the school bully who would try to intimidate you into giving up your lunch.But scratch the veneer and stand up to them and you find a kitty cat(pussy) instead of a roaring tiger.

Anyway to quote him " Nuff said" about it and let's focus on our sim instead of a simian...

Cheers
Old 11-21-10, 01:18 AM   #1945
Priscalan
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Thanks Bert66 ; I read the posts and yup the same Gordon Vembu all right.Same charm and endearing personality, tactful and discrete approach.This guy must have more enemies than hair on his head....

I have come accross many such individuals i n my life; loud, brash, abusive, the school bully who would try to intimidate you into giving up your lunch.But scratch the veneer and stand up to them and you find a kitty cat(pussy) instead of a roaring tiger.

Anyway to quote him " Nuff said" about it and let's focus on our sim instead of a simian...

Cheers
+1
For MP: World of Tanks (Arcade), For Sim: T34

I'm with you Zee

Cheers Kameraden
Priscalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 03:56 AM   #1946
gordonvembu
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

offensive remark removed - ZeeWolf

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 11-21-10 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-21-10, 04:26 AM   #1947
gordonvembu
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

offensive remark removed - ZeeWolf

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 11-21-10 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-21-10, 12:57 PM   #1948
frinik
Grey Wolf

GordonVembu: offensive remark removed - ZeeWolf

No matter what you tell me Gordon I won't give you my lunch

Cheers
Old 11-21-10, 01:59 PM   #1949
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1
Default New T34 vs Tiger: Air War

Here's a little something to show you guys I've been busy
The things necessary to bring aircraft to life have now been tested.
The aircraft will be a major "uplift" in the battlefield experience now

The Sturmovicks will come in low and fast, dropping 50Kg bombs (12).
The bombs are ML20 152mm Howitzer rounds fitted with a bomb kit.
Also the ML-4 Medium bomber, it will drop 20 100Kg bombs (I have yet
to model them).
and then The Pe-8 Heavy Bomber, with 48 100Kg bombs. flying in groups
of 20 plane bomber raids. I'll experiment to get the best results with that.

Then the start on the German aircraft. First is the Stuka B-2 (my fav)
and then the Bf110 Gs. The bombers will be He 111s and JU88s. Need
all of them to re-work all the Kursk missions that is underway at this time.

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 11-21-10 at 03:01 PM.
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 10:22 PM   #1950
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default IL2 meets TvsT

Zee where are our FlaKpanzers?Our Wirbelwind?

Seriously, will the bombing and straffing come randomly in your missions?

More importantly will we will be able to shoot them down with our tank mgs?Will there be dogfights between Luftwaffe and Sov air force?

This will be in addition to the artillery strikes?

I want a transfer to the West front ; shooting cows for practice in Normandy is starting to look better everyday!!!!

Bravo Zee the developers would not recognise their game.You are widening the scope and modding it into a real WWII sim with all the elemnts that other sims don't offer.

Forwaerts ! Hem to the bomb shelter....