SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-21, 06:28 AM   #1021
DeathOrGlory
Swabbie

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Just wondering how to get toggle off the dials so I can get access to the secondary flak gun in the crew management page?

I know that it said a while back to "just hit NumPad + Del (suppr) to hide the HUD." but I'm not sure exactly which keys this is referring to! I'm pretty bad at this stuff, thanks for your patience!
DeathOrGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 10:30 AM   #1022
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Just wondering how to get toggle off the dials so I can get access to the secondary flak gun in the crew management page?

I know that it said a while back to "just hit NumPad + Del (suppr) to hide the HUD." but I'm not sure exactly which keys this is referring to! I'm pretty bad at this stuff, thanks for your patience!
On the HUD, bottom left hand side, just to the left of the command room hot button there.. there is what looks like a up/down slide switch.... click on that then move the mouse away from it & give it... ohh... 2 to 3 seconds.. the HUD bar, should slide down... freeing up the rest of the screen...

To have the HUD slide back up, move the mouse down to the bottom of the screen. Clicking on that same slide button, will then relock the HUD in the upright position... rinse & repeat, as often as needed...

Hope this info, is helpful...

M. M.

Old 04-29-21, 11:29 AM   #1023
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:

are you playing the play using a regular keyboard (101 keys) or a laptop with a reduced size keyboard?

on a regular keyboard, the Numpad "." or Del key will toggle the bottom HUD items on/off such that you can get crew into and out of the flak gun position.

on a laptop keyboard....it would depend on the manufacturer. no, i am not being difficult. in my experience, Lenovo, Dell, Microsoft, HP all have different methods for emulating the Numpad functionality. you will need to determine how your particular laptop allows you to access the Numpad and then execute the "."/Del key.

hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 11:51 AM   #1024
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Another point to keep in mind is that Fifi wrote the updated OM DW mod for 1920x1080 resolution, and using a different setting will "block" certain aspects of the display, or not have them show on-screen at all. It is understandable, of course, if you have to run some other resolution, but that is the way the mod was built.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 05:03 AM   #1025
DeathOrGlory
Swabbie

Downloads: 40

Thank you all! I got it working!

DeathOrGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 11:42 AM   #1026
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Thank you all! I got it working!

Ahoy, DeathOrGlory...

Sorry for the late reply, have had a lot on My plate, here of late.

Glad that you got things... dare I say it... Oh, what the heck, 'ship shape'.

But, in all seriousness, am glad you were bud.

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.

Old 05-06-21, 10:40 PM   #1027
qastokes
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Switch Uboat Type Mid Campaign

I see the sub change after sinking enough tonnage, but I'm wondering if the sub type II VII IX changes in a campaign or if the whole playthru is a single sub type, with minor upgrades to version?

Went from IIB to IIC wondering if its gonna be IID next and the no new subs, or if it will go to VII (or IX) at some point.

Thanks
Old 05-06-21, 11:17 PM   #1028
propbeanie

Generally, DW is like the original OM in this regard. You upgraded from a IIB to a C model because the B was "retired". Likewise, if you are at a location where a D will be available at the time the C is retired, you might step into the D. If the D isn't available, then the next higher boat, such as a VIIC, or whatever might be available. If no boat is available, then you are retired. Exceptions are when the "modern" submarines get close to being available. OM and DW are both set-up with only the XVIII, XX! and XXIII being "true" upgrades. Most conning tower upgrades do not fully function either. Of course, SH4 never did institute those correctly for the German side...

Old 05-07-21, 12:23 PM   #1029
qastokes
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Generally, DW is like the original OM in this regard. You upgraded from a IIB to a C model because the B was "retired". Likewise, if you are at a location where a D will be available at the time the C is retired, you might step into the D. If the D isn't available, then the next higher boat, such as a VIIC, or whatever might be available. If no boat is available, then you are retired. Exceptions are when the "modern" submarines get close to being available. OM and DW are both set-up with only the XVIII, XX! and XXIII being "true" upgrades. Most conning tower upgrades do not fully function either. Of course, SH4 never did institute those correctly for the German side...
Thanks, understood!

My other recurring problem is getting stuck in the various campaigns I've played on a mission; written in French, that sends me to spy on PERTHxFREEMANTLE all the way across the globe, in Australia.
I can send myself to wherever else and sink ships, but it does a terrible job of building immersion.

Can I dig through the game files some and fix this? I'm reasonably savvy, its def reoccurring as a problem.

EDIT: Another annoyance is time compression going to 1 every time there is an "Immersion Radio Message." You know, war declared with .... or from U-123 HELP, floundering off the coast...

Ideally I'd want these to drop time compression to 512 or 256 or 128, just as a gameplay signal but all the way to 1 becomes very frustrating and pointless. Too much clicking, and it makes the signal of "oh **** game is playing at 1, better react" Murky, which has already killed me, recompressing with destroyers in eyesight. Took shells and only then realized the situation and couldn't sneak away from 3 of them in shallow water.
Is there a fix to this I can add to main.cfg? Radio report doesn't seem to impact this, I think that only alters compression with Direct Orders, you know, the messages where the relative time when I read it actually matters... Its quite a predicament for me!

Last edited by qastokes; 05-07-21 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-07-21, 04:21 PM   #1030
propbeanie

When you are assigned a mission in the Southern Hemisphere, that means that the game has "fallen through" to the default pool, unless of course, you are stationed in Penang or similar. What happens, is the game assigned you that mission, and you keep coming back in with it incomplete, so they keep assigning you the mission, and you keep coming back in with it incomplete, so the game... "Eet-sa Catch-eh Twenty-Two-uh".

You need to edit the Save folder files, the CareerTrack.upc in the most recent Save folder, PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode= and PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx (the x being digits), but there might be something else you need to edit. KaleunMarco is more familiar with this than I am, and he'll probably be along before too long.

Old 05-07-21, 07:26 PM   #1031
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

One at a time, Herr Kaleun. One at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qastokes View Post

My other recurring problem is getting stuck in the various campaigns I've played on a mission; written in French,
there is one fix. go through each of the folders in this folder, open them with a plain, text editor like Notepad, and translate the French in each TSR file into the language of choice. C:\Ubisoft\OpMonsun\Data\Campaigns\CampaignGE\Dyna micMiss
or
complete the proper form and i will send you my copies but they are in American-English which may also be a problem for you, no offense.

Quote:
that sends me to spy on PERTHxFREEMANTLE all the way across the globe, in Australia.
I can send myself to wherever else and sink ships, but it does a terrible job of building immersion.

Can I dig through the game files some and fix this? I'm reasonably savvy, its def reoccurring as a problem.
PB is correct here, there is a logic hole in the Career pathing, and it is not so easy to fix. you can add my name to the long and distinguished list of modders who have tried, unsuccessfully, to patch the hole.
ok, mea culpas aside, yes, you can do this yourself, if you can read English and can use a plain, text editor like Notepad.
this task must be done while you are in port, between missions.
Browse over to your Savefolders: \Documents\DW\data\cfg\SaveGames
Browse to the most recently created folder as it will have your most recent save while you are in port. there should be only 5 files. if there are more, then you do not have a in-port savefolder
find the file named CareerTrack.UPC. make a copy. Ctrl-c then Ctrl-v will get that job done ASAP.
open CareerTrack.UPC with Notepad.
from this point you must not disturb anything other than what you want to change purposefully. most important.
find the lines that have:
CurrentFlotilla=1Flotilla
CurrentFlotillaBase=F10Kiel
CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F10IIB
find the line with PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID1. ID1 is your next mission. the range of ID runs from 1 to 300-some.
browse to C:\Ubisoft\OpMonsun\Data\UPCDataGE\UPCCampaignData and look for a file named Flotillas.UPC
open Flotillas.UPC with Notepad.
do not change anything in this file and when you finished with it and close it do not select save if that option appears. most important.
find your CurrentFlotilla, which in my example is 1Flotilla. then find your UnitType which is F10IIB, it should be in the lines just after the Flotilla. there could be as many as 10 different Units available for your Base. when you find your unit, the line just above it will give you the UserPlayerUnitType, which in my example would be UserPlayerUnitType 1.
perform a find for UserPlayerUnitType n in the lines below where you are. You will see all of the in-port patrol missions available for your boat type at your base, arranged by date availability. Here is an example.
;***************************
; F10IIB Boat

[Flotilla 10.UserPlayerUnitType 1.Objective 1]
ID= 1F1OBj1
NameDisplayable= NULL
AvailabilityInterval=1939-08-15, 1940-03-31
ObjectiveCode= NorthSea

[Flotilla 10.UserPlayerUnitType 1.Objective 2]
ID= 1F1OBj2
NameDisplayable= NULL
AvailabilityInterval=1940-04-01, 1940-04-30
ObjectiveCode= Norway_T2

[Flotilla 10.UserPlayerUnitType 1.Objective 3]
ID= 1F1OBj3
NameDisplayable= NULL
AvailabilityInterval=1940-03-27, 1940-04-05
ObjectiveCode= Bergen

[Flotilla 10.UserPlayerUnitType 1.Objective 4]
ID= 1F1OBj4
NameDisplayable= NULL
AvailabilityInterval=1940-05-01, 1940-06-15
ObjectiveCode= NorthSea2

[Flotilla 10.UserPlayerUnitType 1.Objective 5]
ID= 1F1OBj5
NameDisplayable= NULL
AvailabilityInterval=1939-11-15, 1940-06-15
ObjectiveCode= T2_Shetlands
scan the various entries and locate the objectives in which your current date falls. the key phrase/word is ObjectiveCode= NorthSea2.
Remember that ObjectiveCode name.
take a breath, last file to open.
go back to explorer and the folder C:\Ubisoft\OpMonsun\Data\UPCDataGE\UPCCampaignData
open the file named PatrolObjectives.CFG with Notepad.
perform a find for AllMatch={insert the ObjectiveCode name from the previous task} in this example it is NorthSea2.
there might be more than one mission for that ObjectiveCode. copy down all of the ID-numbers from each successful find of ObjectiveCode. Pick one for your next mission.
now, switch back to CareerTrack.UPC. Replace the ID-number that it there with the ID-number of your choice.
close and save CareerTrack.UPC.
close the other two files and DO NOT save if you are prompted. if you didn't change anything then you will not be prompted.
done. go get a drink of water.

Quote:
EDIT: Another annoyance is time compression going to 1 every time there is an "Immersion Radio Message." You know, war declared with .... or from U-123 HELP, floundering off the coast...

Ideally I'd want these to drop time compression to 512 or 256 or 128, just as a gameplay signal but all the way to 1 becomes very frustrating and pointless. Too much clicking, and it makes the signal of "oh **** game is playing at 1, better react" Murky, which has already killed me, recompressing with destroyers in eyesight. Took shells and only then realized the situation and couldn't sneak away from 3 of them in shallow water.
Is there a fix to this I can add to main.cfg? Radio report doesn't seem to impact this, I think that only alters compression with Direct Orders, you know, the messages where the relative time when I read it actually matters... Its quite a predicament for me!
Main.Cfg is exactly the file you need to change. for this one change i recommend creating a new mod-folder under the C:\Ubisoft\OpMonsun\MODS structure. Start the name with 999 so that it appears last in your list and then create folders under that name for Data and under that, CFG. In Cfg folder place a copy of Main.CFG from \Data\Cfg.
Please keep in mind that the Time Compression values MUST be powers of 2: 1,2,4,8,16,32, etc.etc.etc
Change RadioReport= to 64, although some radio messages will still take you to TC=1.
Change Maximum= to 1024, this will insure that you do not cause the game to run away with itself and cause other issues.
Make sure EnemyDetected= is set to 1 or some power of 2 that you can tolerate.
Make sure AirEnemyDetected= is set to 1. it probably is already but make sure.
the remaining TC values can be reset to any power of 2 that you want. Be careful as some high values may place you in bad situation from which you may not recover. reference "oh ****" above.

there are some best practices for you. this may be the longest response in the history of the forum-thread but if you can understand it then it was worthwhile.
Good Luck, Herr Kaleun.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 09:11 PM   #1032
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by qastokes View Post

Ahoy, gastokes...

If you'd like, you can use this, that I have set up by copy pasting the info that follows in place of what you have in your 'main.cfg' file, found under [TimeCompression]:

TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=128
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=128
CharacterAnim=64
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=64
PrayState=256
HunterState=256
3DRender=1024
Maximum=1024

Just remember the info, that KaleunMarco spoke of, found here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Main.Cfg is exactly the file you need to change. for this one change i recommend creating a new mod-folder under the C:\Ubisoft\OpMonsun\MODS structure. Start the name with 999 so that it appears last in your list and then create folders under that name for Data and under that, CFG. In Cfg folder place a copy of Main.CFG from \Data\Cfg.
Please keep in mind that the Time Compression values MUST be powers of 2: 1,2,4,8,16,32, etc.etc.etc
Change RadioReport= to 64, although some radio messages will still take you to TC=1.
Change Maximum= to 1024, this will insure that you do not cause the game to run away with itself and cause other issues.
Make sure EnemyDetected= is set to 1 or some power of 2 that you can tolerate.
Make sure AirEnemyDetected= is set to 1. it probably is already but make sure.
the remaining TC values can be reset to any power of 2 that you want. Be careful as some high values may place you in bad situation from which you may not recover. reference "oh ****" above.

there are some best practices for you. this may be the longest response in the history of the forum-thread but if you can understand it then it was worthwhile.
Good Luck, Herr Kaleun.

if you decide to alter any of the compression settings from what I posted above the info from KaleunMarco.

Hope this info from Myself, KM & propbeanie is of help...

M. M.

Old 05-09-21, 12:52 AM   #1033
qastokes
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Changing RadioReport doesnt seem to change anything...? :/

Also, got myself a bugged conning tower upgrade, I know this is a known problem. Is there a best link to a fix/solution I could have?
EDIT: conning tower turm fix is detailed in thread OP.

Last edited by qastokes; 05-09-21 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-09-21, 06:32 AM   #1034
OXandBUCKS
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 180

Hello All
I don't know if I'm missing something but there's no folder OM_DarkWaters in the download..am I doing it wrong.
Your help would be welcomed
OXandBUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 10:06 AM   #1035
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

OXandBUCKS!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote