SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-09, 09:23 AM   #61
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncorpuz34 View Post
Getting a CTD when trying to use the Type XVIII boot. Applies to Single missions as well as trying to start a new career with it.

MODS:
NSM4
GFO
Real Environment + other visual enhancements (caustics/reflect, splash mod, PE4 Special effects...)

theres no ctd from GFO for type 18 start so it is something else doing it

i never tested or intended NSM to be used with it so side effects may happen there.

i cant speak for Real Env but i dont think they intended you to use PE4 effects with it but i could be wrong about that.
Old 05-19-09, 09:33 AM   #62
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
One thing I noticed quite quickly was that your Maneuvering Fix has the undesirable side effect of messing up convoy station keeping:

was this during a single patrol or a campaign? because i noticed this before but couldnt tell if it was related to the manuvering fix or not.

EDIT: i never spent a lot of time looking into the convoy ships staying in formation thing but today i went to compare stock vs the manuvering fix and i found it was doing the exact same thing in stock so this ships leaving formation thing looks to be a stock bug and not related to GFO or the manuvering fix at all.

Last edited by Webster; 05-19-09 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-19-09, 09:49 AM   #63
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Please can you tell me which is the better order to install GFO first and Real Environmental last or the opposite ? thank you for the help
Old 05-19-09, 10:16 AM   #64
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Please can you tell me which is the better order to install GFO first and Real Environmental last or the opposite ? thank you for the help

always install GFO first and then any other mods you want to try using should be installed after GFO
Old 05-19-09, 10:18 AM   #65
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Webster, it was my soon to be released Convoy from Hell mission. I haven't tried a career yet, I was in a state of mind for some quick intense action. It worked.

In all my deck gun actions my hull took 51% damage, so the armed merchies coordinated well and got their licks in. As I said before, I was going to use every piece of ammo on the boat or die. Although there are only two warships in the Convoy from Hell, an Asashio and a generic gunboat, almost all the merchies are armed.

Folks, in general, mods installed later overwrite anything installed before. So if you want PE to work as intended, it should be installed over GFO. If it's compatible, you'll get PE effects in a GFO environment. If you install PE first, all the PE effects will be overwritten with whatever stock effects are contained in GFO.

When parts of an earlier mod are overwritten, the newest JSGME grays the name of the overwritten mod. That isn't necessarily bad, but it means that some features have been replaced. In all cases that I can think of GFO should be installed first and any modifiers installed later in an order of your choice, depending on what flavor of mod soup you are creating.

In any event, when cooking mod soup you lose the right to complain to Webster or any other modder. Your creation is your own responsibility. So be nice and ask for help if you have a problem. I'd start a new thread for that to keep this thread focused on GFO alone and issues with the base mod. That's the considerate way to proceed.

Don't let this keep you from experimenting. Unintended consequences are how great discoveries are made. JSGME makes it very easy to undo any conflicts you create and try something different!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 01:07 PM   #66
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Webster, it was my soon to be released Convoy from Hell mission.

ahh, ok i thought you were bringing up a mod issue.

well it was worth looking into anyway because those ships do seem to have very drunk captains driving them.

i ran the convoy catastrophy mission and some ships would do figure 8's then criss cross then get in the wrong line of ships and make others move out of the way and all for no reason.

i put the sub 5 miles away at 300 feet so i think im safe assuming i wasnt detected by them lol.

in both GFO and stock they looked like a bunch of drunken sailors who didnt know which ship to follow lol. use 32x time compression and it looks like those old time black and white keystone cops films.
Old 05-19-09, 03:36 PM   #67
tonschk
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
always install GFO first and then any other mods you want to try using should be installed after GFO
Thank you very very much
Old 05-19-09, 05:37 PM   #68
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

And now for your GFO listening and dancing pleasure, I am pleased to announce Rockin Robbins' Convoy from Hell Mission. Enjoy. Of course it works with other mods but use it here, with GFO! Install with JSGME.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 05-20-09 at 08:54 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 06:07 PM   #69
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
And now for your GFO listening and dancing pleasure, I am pleased to announce Rockin Robbins' Convoy from Hell. Enjoy. Of course it works with other mods but use it here, with GFO!
umm, shouldnt you have your own thread for that?

there wont be much of a GFO thread left if everyone starts posting there GFO mods here
Old 05-19-09, 06:58 PM   #70
tonschk
Admiral

Quote:
And now for your GFO listening and dancing pleasure, I am pleased to announce Rockin Robbins' Convoy from Hell. Enjoy. Of course it works with other mods but use it here, with GFO!

Hi , I dont understand , this is a mod a singlemission or a singlepartol ? , thank you
Old 05-19-09, 07:39 PM   #71
Kamikaze Krazy
Sailor man

Downloads: 91

Indeed, this looks like a very nice mod! Way to go WEBSTER!!!

@WEBSTER: Sir, does GFOM fix the "Silent" Pocket Battleship? I noticed that in the Museum and in game that it is silent, and when I say silent, I mean no engine noise OR screw noises. Are you planing to add this into the "next" GFOM version? Has anyone else notice this?

@tonschk Sir, I just downloaded it and it appears to be a Single Missions mod. It looks good, I'll try it right away.

Having passed the enlistment physical, Jon was asked by the doctor, "Why do you want to join the Navy, son?"
"My father said it'd be a good idea, sir."
"Oh? And what does your father do?"
"He's in the Army, sir."
Kamikaze Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 08:00 PM   #72
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze Krazy View Post
Indeed, this looks like a very nice mod! Way to go WEBSTER!!!

@WEBSTER: Sir, does GFOM fix the "Silent" Pocket Battleship? I noticed that in the Museum and in game that it is silent, and when I say silent, I mean no engine noise OR screw noises. Are you planing to add this into the "next" GFOM version? Has anyone else notice this?

well the manuvering fix included in GFO adds new sonar sound files for all ships and subs to give them correct sonar sounds so i would say all ships in the game "should" be picked up accurately on sonar.

for this reason i believe it should also fix the pocket battleship as long it doesnt change any of the GFO sound files. i have not checked this for sure but try it and see.
Old 05-20-09, 05:23 PM   #73
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
And now for your GFO listening and dancing pleasure, I am pleased to announce Rockin Robbins' Convoy from Hell Mission. Enjoy. Of course it works with other mods but use it here, with GFO! Install with JSGME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
umm, shouldnt you have your own thread for that?

there wont be much of a GFO thread left if everyone starts posting there GFO mods here
i figured i should clarify this:

i want people to feel free to report their GFO experiences and things but it was just the mod release part that troubled me because how can you deal with mod release without answering questions about the mod and then that sorta takes over the GFO thread so for the actual mod release it wasnt a good idea to do that here unless you already had your own thread for supporting it so you can redirect questions about it to that thread so this thread remains about GFO and doesnt get sidetracked.
Old 05-21-09, 05:46 AM   #74
Historic
Keeper

Downloads: 117

Ahh now this is great ty Webster have been playing it with these mods for a good 8 hours np at all

GFO
RSRDC_SH15_V401
Real Environment Mod
LITE FOG V2+Slow Water (ok this mod will make you an easy target for air as they can see you tested to death lolz in boat school torp attack, water boat will do one pass then dive on you with out putting any thing up or moving removed it ran again didn't see me did this 12 times for both to make sure I was 100% right before post )
ROW sound effects V9
Narwhal camo

Playing US side have found that on hitting I no sound and it says raising Snorkel in chat box see you have fix for it for german side(fix was problem on install)

Quote:
In the Game Fixes Only Mod I set the default wording in the game to say "radar depth" and "SD Antenna" instead of saying "snorkel depth" and "snorkel".
Is anyone else getting this ? if not then will remove mods and see which one is changing it.
Also you say you have ship center fix in but can see any mark on manual to set ranges too so is it all at masts again as I'm confused at what to aim for now mate
thanks again webster great work m8

Last edited by Historic; 05-21-09 at 07:41 AM.
Historic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 08:31 AM   #75
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic View Post
Playing US side have found that on hitting I no sound and it says raising Snorkel in chat box see you have fix for it for german side(fix was problem on install)

Is anyone else getting this ? if not then will remove mods and see which one is changing it.
there is no sound for raising SD antenna or for the raising Snorkel so i wasnt able to do anything but correct the text wording for it. the fix has a folder inside it and that is the one to put in jsgme to change the wording.

Quote:
Also you say you have ship center fix in but can see any mark on manual to set ranges too so is it all at masts again as I'm confused at what to aim for now mate
thanks again webster great work m8
you can use what you want, they both work. use mast height or funnel height or any point of reference you want to use like a cariers flight deck.

SCAF will just help you hit the right spot more accurately because you have more accurate ship data but its still up to you to do the math correctly.

as for using RSRDC v401 it contains some extra ships not yet included in my manuvering fix and it changes some ship sim files in GFO that will break those ships manuvering fixes so a side effect of all this is "some" ships will manuver much faster than the others.

i am working on a new update to my manuvering mod to include these new ships and make it RSRDC v401 ready so when that is done i will make a patch to use after RSRDC v401 to add the manuvering fix back into those files.