SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-07, 03:35 PM   #61
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

It's not in any of the stock files I've ever looked at (which is only not 100% if I missed one).

tater
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 04:46 PM   #62
trimzeke
Seaman

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
running any sound/radio mods?

tater
1 sound mod... been using it for many months with no system problems.... yes, my game is heavily modded (JSGME) but I was able to run your improved campaign layer mod (0.78 version) without any CTD problems...

Memory overflow?... I have plenty of disk space available...

I suspect the problem is a conflict between SH4 sound.act file and some of the new units (probably airplanes)... i.e. the F4F sound doesn't work because the SH3.sdl file (which does support the F4F sound) has not been ported over to SH4... and the SH.sdl file in SH4 does not support the F4F sound...

Last edited by trimzeke; 10-17-07 at 05:10 PM.
trimzeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 04:59 PM   #63
trimzeke
Seaman

Default Sounds Reasonable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Quote:

tater
listen to tater, if it crashes at the same exact time no matter what is going on and you are using a radio mod (you don't even have to be listening to the radio) it is most likely an error in the radio mod events section. If you look in the events.ini file for all of your radio stations, you will find an event that has specified a media file that does not exist in the Events folder. The error message even points to a sound event causing the error.

You can use the Radio Station Manager to check all of your radio stations for errors and eliminate the problem.
I'll check that out... I do have some radio mods installed.. Manila Radio, Jack Benny, CBS News, Tokyo Rose...but not the RSM mod... your suggestion is very reasonable... where is the events.ini file?.. all I can find is the radio.ini file and it doesn't show any errors..
Old 10-17-07, 05:18 PM   #64
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

FYI

RSRDC was tested on "stock v1.3" without any other modes, but the founation that it was built from is my own custom install which has about 1.2 GB worth of changes. I currently don't have any radio station type modes on my system.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 05:33 PM   #65
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 343

Is RSRDC compatible with:

- NSM 3.3
- NSM 3.3 torpedo mod; and
- IJN DC mod

I presume yes but wanted to check, thanks.

By the way, a bit off topic, but I have been away from SH 4 for a few months and I see there are no longer any IJN AI mods floating around, is that no longer necessary under 1.3?

second, was the date line bug fixed or not? the read me says yes, but I see posts saying it is still around. Just wondering if I should start my career from Pearl or Manila.

thanks.
Bilge_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 05:35 PM   #66
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimzeke
Quote:

tater
1 sound mod... been using it for many months with no system problems.... yes, my game is heavily modded (JSGME) but I was able to run your improved campaign layer mod (0.78 version) without any CTD problems...

Memory overflow?... I have plenty of disk space available...

I suspect the problem is a conflict between SH4 sound.act file and some of the new units (probably airplanes)... i.e. the F4F sound doesn't work because the SH3.sdl file (which does support the F4F sound) has not been ported over to SH4... and the SH.sdl file in SH4 does not support the F4F sound...
I did not supply the sound files for the F4F or Beaufighter because they would not work with the current SH4.sdl
Old 10-17-07, 05:40 PM   #67
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat

- NSM 3.3
- IJN DC mod

By the way, a bit off topic, but I have been away from SH 4 for a few months and I see there are no longer any IJN AI mods floating around, is that no longer necessary under 1.3?

second, was the date line bug fixed or not? the read me says yes, but I see posts saying it is still around. Just wondering if I should start my career from Pearl or Manila.

thanks.
- NSM 3.3
- NSM 3.3 torpedo mod

is compatible

and

IJN DC mod

is part of RSRDC
Old 10-17-07, 05:41 PM   #68
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:

I'll check that out... I do have some radio mods installed.. Manila Radio, Jack Benny, CBS News, Tokyo Rose...but not the RSM mod... your suggestion is very reasonable... where is the events.ini file?.. all I can find is the radio.ini file and it doesn't show any errors..
Each radio station that has any scripted events (the ones that can cause CTDs) has an Events folder inside the radio station folder. In the events folder is an events.ini file that governs when the events are triggered and what is played when it is triggered. The format is fairly self explanatory, just look for the date and time that your crash is occuring. If you find one that matches your crash time, see if the name of the media file is in error or if the file is missing altogether.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 09:09 PM   #69
trimzeke
Seaman

Default Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Quote:

Each radio station that has any scripted events (the ones that can cause CTDs) has an Events folder inside the radio station folder. In the events folder is an events.ini file that governs when the events are triggered and what is played when it is triggered. The format is fairly self explanatory, just look for the date and time that your crash is occuring. If you find one that matches your crash time, see if the name of the media file is in error or if the file is missing altogether.
Using RSM... discovered problem in CBS News radio folder... NBC News broadcast on 12/8/41 @21:30 hours... corrected problem in events.ini... no more CTD at 21:30 hours on 12/8/41... thanks for the tip
Old 10-18-07, 04:07 AM   #70
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat

- NSM 3.3
- IJN DC mod

thanks.
- NSM 3.3
- NSM 3.3 torpedo mod

is compatible

and

IJN DC mod

is part of RSRDC

thanks Lurker, I should have read the entire first post, but one less thing to instal.

One more question, what about:

-IJN ship dimension fix,
-ROW.

necessary/included/compatible? I don't see it mentioned.

finally, in your first post you state:

Quote:
Since a rewrite of this size will take months to complete, RSRDC will be released in Phases, the current release ( Phase I ) will cover 7 Dec 1941 to 30 June 1942 in the central Pacific, 7 Dec 1941 to 30 Sept 1943 in the North Pacific, and 7 Dec 1941 to 1 March 1943 in the South Pacific.
what is the area covered by the "central pacific" and the "south pacific"?, in case my career goes past june 30 1942.

this looks like a great mod, can't wait to take it out for a spin.

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 10-18-07 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-18-07, 09:51 AM   #71
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

I would think South Pacific would be the whole Slot/Rabaul/NewGuinea area (and west, to Singapore). The Central Pacific should be the central islands (Marianas, etc).

As for the dimension fix, I thought that was included in 1.3.

tater
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-07, 10:08 AM   #72
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:

As for the dimension fix, I thought that was included in 1.3.

tater
you're right, just read the 1.3 readme, I have been out of the loop for too long, I stopped playing just before 1.3 came out.
Old 10-18-07, 07:31 PM   #73
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Darn Lurker...is there killer DD in the mix with this mod? I had two all over me like a cheap suit.
Old 10-18-07, 08:36 PM   #74
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Darn Lurker...is there killer DD in the mix with this mod? I had two all over me like a cheap suit.
Were and When ???
Old 10-19-07, 04:17 AM   #75
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

when I instal NSM 3.3 over RSRD, I get a message it is overwriting

"NKSCS_Taihosan.zon" has already been altered by the "RSRDC_P1_v101" mod

Is that ok? which one should I instal first?