Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 07-19-09, 02:12 PM   #76
schaetzle
Nub

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default how we have the Tiger moving?

Hi there.

I am trying to put the tiger into motion but failed.
I arrive to start the engine, but when I press W for moving ahead the rpm goes down to cero and the engine dies.
The manual is not clear with this or maybe the game is defective?
Can anyonwe help me please? Thank you.
schaetzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-09, 02:36 PM   #77
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Press 'E' to start engine.Press 'Up Arrow' to increase engine RPM,press 'Space' to release brake,then 'W' to engage 1st gear.You should then get moving.
Have fun!
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-09, 02:39 PM   #78
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaetzle View Post
I am trying to put the tiger into motion but failed.
I arrive to start the engine, but when I press W for moving ahead the rpm goes down to cero and the engine dies.
Have you select the 1st gear before pressing W?
Old 07-19-09, 04:06 PM   #79
schaetzle
Nub

Downloads: 3

Chucky: Very clear explanation, especially to press the space bar before hitting W to release the brake first. Thank you very much, my Tiger now moves.

Seeadler: Your question over my question introduces only confussion. You press W to increase gear precisely. Thank you anyway.
schaetzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-09, 07:28 AM   #80
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Anyone know how to get rid of the chat bar or what the heck it is that is enabled by some button. In the top left corner, blue >>. I cant get rid of it if I accidentally push the button that enables it.

EDIT: Ow and any tactics for the 3rd German mission? The one where you defend the village from Soviet armor? I've tried anything, staying put, trying to get to a hulldown position and flanking them, I die every darn time.

Last edited by Dowly; 07-20-09 at 09:00 AM.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-09, 08:53 PM   #81
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

I cannot understand , I knew the developers of this game went bankrupt , do you think is still possible to buy this T34 vs tiger Game ? , thank you for the answer
Old 07-21-09, 05:35 AM   #82
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
do you think is still possible to buy this T34 vs tiger Game ? , thank you for the answer
Is it wise to even want that...?

You have to assume that it is a dead end you invest your money in.

There are better alternatives:

Steel Fury, if WWII setting is a must for you (same bancrupt publisher, though).
SBP, if you are longing for the full package and tanking hardcore realism.
And "Kharkow 1943" in developement - it remains to be seen how it turns out to be.
Old 07-27-09, 08:45 AM   #83
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcher View Post
What are you guys talking about, why buy the damn game when you can download both versions ( english & russian ) for free
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Can you tell e please Where is the download link ? , thank you

I hope I must not explain this.
Old 10-04-09, 08:46 AM   #84
Bleser
Watch

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Is it wise to even want that...?

You have to assume that it is a dead end you invest your money in.

There are better alternatives:

Steel Fury, if WWII setting is a must for you (same bancrupt publisher, though).
SBP, if you are longing for the full package and tanking hardcore realism.
And "Kharkow 1943" in developement - it remains to be seen how it turns out to be.
Whole-heartedly disagree. For what TvT is, it is worth every penny. I would have paid $100+ for what I got. It is GORGEOUS, the fighting is fantastic, and I have played each mission 20+ times and am still loving it.

Don't give up on TvT - probably the best tank game I've ever played.
Bleser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 04:13 PM   #85
Skybird
Soaring

I fear you are betting your 100 bucks on a dead horse whose meat is already rotten. The developer was known to have released games before in an unfinished condition and abandoning them immediately, without support. None of them was picked up again by anyone. The distributor is gone, and I think the developer also broke apart meanwhile. The code of TvT has been described to be organised in an unusually complex way, if I got that right, which makes modding it extremely difficult. Interest also is thin, to put it polite. Some enthusiasts will mabye add this or that small cosmetic change, but a complete overhaul is very unlikely, even more so since the copyright also is not invalid but still protected, and will not be abandoned for another couple of years.

Don't hold your breath for TvT, dude, chances are you will run out of air anyway. And for 100 bucks, since you mentioned that number, you can already get SBP (around 90 Euros). And now that is where you get simulation quality and ongoing first-class support, really.

Don't get me wrong, if you spend your money and you like the game, good for you, and this is not to talk you into a depressive mood, but to save you from disappointment. I bet 99:1 that what you hope for simply will not happen.

Everybody else: better think twice before investing your hard-earned money here. Consider that many people both with Vista and XP reported to have been unable to even run the game, both in SP and MP. There have been a very damn lot of complaints.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-04-09 at 04:38 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 09:49 PM   #86
Bleser
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I fear you are betting your 100 bucks on a dead horse whose meat is already rotten.
But that's just it - I'm not "betting" - the product I have, as is, with no further development, is worth over $100 in my book. There are no bugs I've run into that cause any real heartache, and I'm sure with time I'll learn the mission editor and create or alter my own missions in the future for added replay-ability. I knew going into it that there would be no support but I don't care - it hasn't been a problem.

Quote:
Interest also is thin, to put it polite. Some enthusiasts will mabye add this or that small cosmetic change, but a complete overhaul is very unlikely, even more so since the copyright also is not invalid but still protected, and will not be abandoned for another couple of years.
Yes, interest is thin, but with such a specific genre/timeframe, that is to be expected. I'm use to playing games that none of my friends care about. No multiplayer out there, but oh well, I enjoy the single player too much anyway.

Quote:
Don't hold your breath for TvT, dude, chances are you will run out of air anyway. And for 100 bucks, since you mentioned that number, you can already get SBP (around 90 Euros). And now that is where you get simulation quality and ongoing first-class support, really.

Don't get me wrong, if you spend your money and you like the game, good for you, and this is not to talk you into a depressive mood, but to save you from disappointment. I bet 99:1 that what you hope for simply will not happen.

Everybody else: better think twice before investing your hard-earned money here. Consider that many people both with Vista and XP reported to have been unable to even run the game, both in SP and MP. There have been a very damn lot of complaints.
I'm not sure what you're trying to pound home here. I'm not "holding my breath", DUDE, for anything. My ROI has already paid off - I don't need any further updates or development. I don't need an overhaul. I'm sorry if I mislead you in this direction with my post, but I did not mean anything like that. I simply love the product I have in hand and it will always be a sim I re-visit with each hardware update I buy and I'll play every mission again and again to re-live the stunning visuals, sound, and physics that this game delivers.

TvT has its place for WWII German/Russian armor war fans and always will. There is hardly anything that even holds a candle to what it delivers. I hope others are enjoying it as much as I am!
Old 10-05-09, 03:48 AM   #87
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Bleser,I bought TvT when it first came out and to be honest I didn't like it.I much prefered Steel Fury for my WW2 action.In fact I have never even completed a mission in either the Tiger or T-34.
However your enthusiasm persuaded me to have 'another go' and last night I completed the first Tiger mission and I enjoyed it too.
I take on board what Skybird has said,and he is no doubt right.However,thanks to you I will now try and get my money's worth from this game,or bin it forever.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-09, 06:07 AM   #88
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleser View Post
But that's just it - I'm not "betting" - the product I have, as is, with no further development, is worth over $100 in my book. There are no bugs I've run into that cause any real heartache, and I'm sure with time I'll learn the mission editor and create or alter my own missions in the future for added replay-ability. I knew going into it that there would be no support but I don't care - it hasn't been a problem.
If so, good for you. But please take into account that many, very many other people who also payed money for this game disagreed with you, and were angry to have wasted their money, as they saw it. I am especially thinking about younger players with limited financial ressources. For them and their limited finances, 30 bucks may be much greater an investement (and a bigger loss and disappointment) than for somebody older who maybe already earns his own money in a regular job and has 1500 or 3000 bucks per month. these less financially capable lads I want to safeguard a bit against being led into what many people agreed to have been a very bad investment for their money.

Quote:
Yes, interest is thin, but with such a specific genre/timeframe, that is to be expected. I'm use to playing games that none of my friends care about. No multiplayer out there, but oh well, I enjoy the single player too much anyway.
No, the interest in WWII and tanks is IMMENSE, and the frustration that there is so little choice is big. As a matter of fact most people refusing SBP do so not because of the price tag but because it is post-WWII, and not WWII. My feature on how to use it in WWII style probably did not change that.

TvT has MP, but fact it that it was so very much broken a feature that most people have stopped trying to make it functioning. whcih again speaks against TvT.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're trying to pound home here. I'm not "holding my breath", DUDE, for anything. My ROI has already paid off - I don't need any further updates or development. I don't need an overhaul. I'm sorry if I mislead you in this direction with my post, but I did not mean anything like that. I simply love the product I have in hand and it will always be a sim I re-visit with each hardware update I buy and I'll play every mission again and again to re-live the stunning visuals, sound, and physics that this game delivers.
I congratulate you on seeing it like that, and I am serious. you already have parted from your money, and if you think it was an investement that is worth it for oyu, the better for you it is.

Quote:
TvT has its place for WWII German/Russian armor war fans and always will. There is hardly anything that even holds a candle to what it delivers.
that depends on personal interests and tatses and what one is looking for when buying a game, but as far as "tank simulation" is concerned you are simply wrong, maybe because you do not have the comparison.

You say you have fun with it and that is what counts for you, and since you say you are happy even without MP (like I am, too, I also do not play any title in MP), it must not worry you that you belong to a minority. So enjoy it!
Old 10-05-09, 10:24 PM   #89
Bleser
Watch

I must add that it greatly helps the I am an extreme WWII tank fan and the best tank "sim" I've played before TvT is Battlefield 1942. And lets get this straight: Battlefield 1942 IS NOT a sim, in any way. BUT, it looked decent and was fun.

After that game I got hooked on Blitzkrieg and Blitzkrieg 2 (and have played/modded Blitzkrieg 1 to death), but those are not actual sims, so they aren't really comparable, either.

Finally you have TvT, the most modern graphics WWII (non-overhaul of some other game) simulator that I have played, and it is everything that I was expecting and more. I knew it was dead-end when I bought it but what I got surprised me and I'm loving it!

BUT - I must add - Steel Fury 1942 is on its way in the mail right now. Everyone has said it is the better title so I'm going to give it a go - and at $8.50 @ Frys.com, I couldn't pass it up. I have a feeling I'm going to love it too, but it's different in that You have T-34/76 vs. Panzer IV F. It'll have its own place in my collection, but the feeling of driving a 1944 Tiger I and T-34/85 I think will remain with TvT for quite some time!
Old 10-05-09, 10:26 PM   #90
Bleser
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Bleser,I bought TvT when it first came out and to be honest I didn't like it.I much prefered Steel Fury for my WW2 action.In fact I have never even completed a mission in either the Tiger or T-34.
However your enthusiasm persuaded me to have 'another go' and last night I completed the first Tiger mission and I enjoyed it too.
I take on board what Skybird has said,and he is no doubt right.However,thanks to you I will now try and get my money's worth from this game,or bin it forever.
Glad I could inspire you to give it another go! The first Tiger mission is fairly boring. The second one and the "Intercept" mission (fourth I think?) are my two favorite, yet I have still not even played the sixth mission yet. The Intercepting the Enemy mission has the perfect daylight setting to give some stunning visuals and fun with tank position as picking off the attacking Russian armor.